Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 07:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default ~sigh~ now just a fat grrl

caught a side glance of myself in a store window. . .and at first I was mega bummed. . .huge thighs were the first thing I saw. . .but then I realised that I was not staring at the large mass at the middle. . .because there was no large mass at the middle. . .it's been a while since I looked at my reflection and thought. . .gee my thighs are big. . because I used to look in the mirror, etc and say HOLY SHIT I am honkin huge.. . Almost one year of work (alibet easy work) . . .10 dress sizes. . .just to be a fat grrl. redawn
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 07:08

Stats: 286/219/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Redawn<
Congratulations on all the weight you have lost!!
It is great to see the middle gone!

Have a great day!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 07:23
Contributing Member

Plan: ???
Stats: ???/???/??? Female ???
BF:
Progress: 10%

Don't kid yourself. It took hard work to get rid of that middle and you've earned the right to be proud of yourself.
It's nice to see ourselves melting away.

Congratulations!

Leigh
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 07:25
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Take solice in the fact that I know mirrors lie! There is a small but mean-as-hell gnome who transforms us as we look into the magic mirror of his.

You are doing great! Forget the mirror but never forget THAT fact!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 07:39

Plan: Atkns/CT Weight&Wellness
Stats: 335/272.5/170 Female 5 ft 3 inches
BF:54/51/35
Progress: 38%

Congrats on your weight loss so far.
If we keep working, the mirror will eventually be our friend!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 08:11

Plan: Atkins & M/E
Stats: 225/216/140 Female 65
BF:31%/26%/25%
Progress: 11%

Just think, very soon you'll be a "not so fat girl!!"
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 08:15
Contributing Member

Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

Keep your chin up and don't get discouraged because you're doing fine.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 08:37

Stats: 238/185/150 Female 5 ft.5in.
BF:
Progress: 60%

I think you should be proud of yourself...remember it did not go on in a month or two and it will not(should not) come off in a couple months..Your body is going through some magor changes...kind of like an onion it will peel off one layer at time,sometimes thick ones sometime thicker ones. Be proud of a great job done so far
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 10:46

Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Sometimes, it's just that way, but you have to look to the longterm. Like you, I sometimes get discouraged about losing 34 pounds and still being fat. Not just fat, but morbidly, dangerously obese. When I lose another 50, I'll still be fat. That's the reality.

But then I think of the prize, and the mountain we 100+ people must climb to put our hands on that prize. I think that yeah, I'd like to be further along than I am now -- I'd love to be where you are -- but I can't get there in a day or a month or even a year.

I wrote in my journal a few days ago about the quest for average. I'd love to just be average. I'm looking forward to taking the "mordbid" out from in front of my personal "obesity." And I know that there ain't no magic and there ain't no easy way, but that determination and our own spirits are what we have to take us there. Those are kind of magic in and of themselves, if you think about it. People who have always been thin have no idea what people like TDCers go through just to get what they have. But like any other great struggle, it makes us strong.

You've lost a lot of weight. You're doing the right thing. You're taking command of your life, and people should applaud you for it. You should consider yourself an amazing person because you have this difficult demon in your life, and you've got it under control.

Fat girl? Maybe outwardly, maybe at the moment. But a moment is just a moment, and you are a million things besides fat. Fat can't define you unless you choose to let it. The fact that you're here says that you have decided that it cannot define you. Bravo.

You just have to keep that faith.

-Scott
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 16:51

Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

my mama said there'd be days like this. . .there'd be days like this my mama said

Thanks guys. . .I am merely sighfully resigning to the life long struggle . . .there is no other option. . .to have control of the food going in is too great a joy to give up. . .BUT as I lose weight I am starting to lose the 'cloaking device' that my brain put in to allow me to still feel cute. . .as I get down in weight. . .the effectiveness is waining. . . .I am trying on things that fit my top (size L) and not able to get the all behind me in an XL. ..don't get me wrong. . .this weight loss is the most amazing thing I have ever done. . .and right now I have an art show going up and have a singing solo this Christmas at church. . .didn't have my drivers license until I was 36 (will be 42) so my life really has begun again. . .and this WOL has lengthened the pleasure if not the length. . .redawn
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 17:27

Stats: 273/245.0/150 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 23%

When I find myself feeling like you do I have to remind myself how would I treat someone else who was feeling the same way? It seems we're always more supportive of others and so hard on ourselves. I now weigh more than you and if I was having a hard time I'm sure you'd be giving me plenty of positive strokes. Be as kind to yourself as you'd be to others
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 18:17

Plan: Atkins/W.W.
Stats: 401/299/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 44%

/me looks at that nasty lil (mine is big!) gnome!

You've done well, redawn...success will be yours!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 17:38

Plan: Atkins cheat free
Stats: 313/167/164 Female 69 inches
BF:who knows
Progress: 98%

I'm confused by what I'm reading. I thought you were celebrating that your thighs are now bigger then your middle. But reading all the replies it looks like i got it wrong. So if you are celebrating the shinking of your middle congrats and if you aren't congrats any ways because you should be celebrating it. I too thought it was easy getting down to 200 pounds and it didn't seem like work at all. I have been serverd humble pie, low carb of course, trying to get the last 50 off.

I read a very informative post by a very insightful young woman from the land where M And Ms can run free with no fear she will eat them that her mirror sees no fat when she looks in it no matter how many pounds the scales say she weighs. She sees herself and is happy with what she sees because it is her not some ugly fat monster. She isn't a thin body lurking in a fat coat as many of us seem to feel we are. I often wish I had a mirror like that. No matter how much I have lost I'm always looking forward needing to lose more and not backwards at all the weight I have already lost.
So celebrate the wonderful changes your apperance is undergoing and rejoice in your new looks even if they aren't the final ones you are striving to acheive.
Congrats on the shrinking job you have already done.

Happy low carbing to you
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 14:06

Stats: 425/322/240 Female 68 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 56%

It just goes to show that there is no reality - only perception (as Dr. Phil would say). You have done great, so far, Redawn and you know what? I CELEBRATE finally being just a fat girl rather than being so fat that I was an practically an oddity almost every where I went.

I can now fit in the chairs when I go out and even though I'm still big, I see LOTS of other people who are bigger than me out there, which I didn't always. I, for one, am happy to be just a fat girl these days.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 15:25

Stats: 305/260/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Okay, I gotta say it - WOW 10 dress sizes? That is AWESOME! You're doing wonderful!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!