Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 10:48
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default New Low Carb Gallery

We're happy to announce a new addition to our forum, the low-carb gallery.

Where is it? Click on the gallery logo at the top right corner of the page, and it will take you there.

What is it for? The main purpose for the gallery is for our members to show off their progress and post Before, Current and/or After pictures. But you may also want to post photos of your recipes, local gatherings with your low-carb buddies, etc.

SPECIAL FEATURE:

The gallery has been integrated with our forum. Your forum profile page will be updated automatically when you post Before and After pictures or before and current pictures.

This is how it works:

To upload/update your Before photo, visit the gallery, click on "Success Gallery", then click on "Before Photo". Now click on "Upload Photos", and click "Browse" to upload your Before picture from your hard disk. Click "Upload/Submit". Now enter some description and any details you would like to add, then click "Process Files".

That's it. Your before photo will be posted in the gallery and will automaticall update on your forum profile.

Repeat the same if you have Current or After pictures you want to post. Just select a different gallery. For After photos, select the "After Photo" Gallery, and for Current/In Progress photos, select the "Current Photo" gallery. Your forum profile will be updated automatically as well, with either the current photo or your after photo.

You can add several Before photos or current/after photos. The first one of each will be added to your profile. You will be able to edit them (replace the photos) as your progress continues.

Tips:

1. If you posted a before photo in another area, and want it to be your "official" before photo, click "Edit photo" link, and change the category to "Before Photo". The same goes for Current and After photos.

2. If you already have a current photo posted and it is already "linked" to your profile, you can replace it anytime. To replace a photo, click "Edit" and then click "Browse", and upload the replacement photo, update the information and click "Submit". The same goes for Current and After photos.

Give it a try, and you will get used to it in no time!

Please use this thread to report any problems, questions, suggestions, or even spelling mistakes

Last edited by tamarian : Tue, Nov-25-03 at 17:53. Reason: Update
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 11:32
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

"Test and Miscellanious Galley" ...and below that, "stuff that you don\'t mind..."

Hey, check out my profile - it works!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 11:34
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:

What a cool feature! I love it, especially the exercise gallery.

Last edited by wcollier : Sun, Nov-23-03 at 11:36.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 12:22
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:

Hmmm... I came across a post by Lori H...(etc)

duh - never mind.

Is the gallery link going to function like the journal, gym log, etc links? It'll be activated once someone posts? I see everyone has them right now.

Last edited by Kristine : Sun, Nov-23-03 at 12:29.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 12:29
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Oh this is so cool THANKS!!!!!!!!!!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 12:30
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Kristine -
I had the gallery link too even before I put the photos up - maybe everyone gets one whether they put photos up or not???
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 17:18
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Hmmm... I came across a post by Lori H...(etc)

duh - never mind.

Is the gallery link going to function like the journal, gym log, etc links? It'll be activated once someone posts? I see everyone has them right now.

We can change that later (i.e. please remind me in a week or so ). It might be interesting to leave it there for a few days, until everyone knows it's there

Wa'il
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 17:19
Forum Founder

Just an update, it will now update your profile's before and after pics, whenever you update those photos. i.e. you can edit the photos, or delete, and the changes will be reflected on your profile page.

Wa'il
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 18:02
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

This is totally awesome. I love it

I wonder if it might be better to rename the posted images as Before and Current ... since for some of us, we'd like to post photos, but we're not quite at the "after" stage yet

Just thought ..

Doreen
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 18:32
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
I wonder if it might be better to rename the posted images as Before and Current ... since for some of us, we'd like to post photos, but we're not quite at the "after" stage yet

You mean on the profile page? Or the Gallery description?

We can change the title on the profile page.

But for the gallery section titles, we've made two categories, one for success (i.e. before/after) and one for progress/ongoing pics.

Wa'il
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 21:30
Forum Founder

O.k., now the Success galary has 3 sub categories (before, current, after) where the first photo posted in each of those categories will update your profile accordingly (before, current and after).

The profile page will show the before photo and either the after photo if present, or current photo.

I'll try to write up a simple how-to later.

Wa'il
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 13:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Wow that is a fantastic addtion to the site, you guys just keep getting better all the time !

I played around with it a bit last night, could'nt get a pic uploaded, I'll try again, (just me I'm sure).
I just so happened to be cleaning out my desk ( yikes!) and I found a horrid pic of me, I think I must of been trying to bury it ! did a good job, lol, so I'll scan it in and post it.

Thanks, Kathy
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 17:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

This is REALLY cool! I have NEVER seen anything like this before on a forum. Thanksa million for adding this it's truly AWESOME. I'm off to find a scanner . . . . .
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 18:39
Registered Member

Plan: Various
Stats: 196/172/154 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Before, current and after

It is so so cool that there's a photo gallery now. Thank you so much for setting it up!

I have a request. Would it not be possible for us the users to be able to designate which photo will appear in our profile as "before" or "current"? I posted one for "before" and then added another one, but realised only afterwards that I had accidentally not posted the first one into the correct folder, so the second one became my default "before" photo. A simple mistake to make, but of course I was then unable to change my choice. I ended up experimenting with moving the photos around from folder to folder, but I don't think I succeeded. I'm sure I'll not be the only one to want to change my "before" photo once it's uploaded, so I don't really like that the default is set to being the first one uploaded.

But I love that I can post new photos here rather than in my journal, where I have to keep the link live even though the source site might change.

Gez
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 18:41
Registered Member

Plan: Various
Stats: 196/172/154 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Another before, current and after request

I've noticed that in my profile the captions to the photos are taken from my profile stats. I didn't know my weight for my before photo, so I didn't add one, and my "current" photo is 5 or so pounds out of date. I'd prefer if instead of the captions we have at present we could have our titles or the weights that we have entered with the photo. Would this be possible?

Gez