Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-03, 11:54

Plan: adkins
Stats: 160/148.5/130 Female 5 4
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hey guys, were backkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cheated big time. Only gained a pound. Im going to start induction either tomorrow or MOnday. I also went shopping, and I actually got my husband up that early to go with me! Went to sports authority and WAlmart. Got my daughter a big girl bike(15 speed) her first one. Bought my son a 4 wheeler. Also got DD her 1st nice jewelry box. Went to Sports Authority and bought her roller blades. My DH bought me rollerblades for Christmas, also. I got him a nice tackle box from there, thats what he picked out. I tried to get my son some blades there but the ones they had were girly. Got to go to our Sports store and see if they have boyish ones. My blades were 40.00 off and DD's were 30.00 off. SAve 50.00 on sons 4 wheeler. Done with the big shopping. Hope the incomplete sentences dont throw everyone off. Oh yea, also bought DD Hilary Duffs CD. Just have to find sons blades and will be done with the big stuff. What did you guys get? Talk to you guys later, taking the kids to a movie tonight, and need some rest time. We just got back in town today.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-03, 16:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/163/130 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:34%
Progress: 0%

Does 12 pounds to reach goal count? If so I would like to join.
Cheers,
H.
  #93   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-03, 20:11
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hello and welcome H! Tell us a little about yourself!
  #94   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-03, 20:15
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Heyyyyyy Renee! Good to see you back! Sounds like holiday shopping was fun! I'm SOOOOO glad I'm done!!!

Seems like the flu has left us.. fingers crossed. All of the kids ate soup and crackers tonight with no problems. The baby held his bottle down before bed too, so that is a good sign.

I'm hitting the hay early tonight, last night just KILLED me
  #95   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 06:55
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Morning Atkids!

Any fun plans today? DH is hunting AGAIN... my daughter has a birthday party to attend and I need to get going on the holiday decorations..

Does anyone have any good casserole recipes?
  #96   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 17:19

Hi everybody!

I'm 37, I live in Toronto, Canada and I just got married 3 weeks ago. I managed to loose 22 pounds for my wedding and now I'm still hapilly loosingto reach my final goal at 133.

Cheers,
H.
  #97   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 21:13
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

H, Your profile pic of you in your wedding dress is just beautiful! WTG with your weight loss so far and having 141 *cheat free* days is quite an accomplishment!
  #98   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 21:51
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

i haven't really lost any weight over the weekend... I'm been puttering and didn't really get to preparing any ready to eat foods... Hope everyone had a good holiday and the bones are making a good soup... I have my bones simmering and i have a head of escarole and a blob of tofu i'm going to put in my soup instead of noodles or rice..... ran into a friend of mine over the weekend... she's gone from size 14 pants to size 5 in nearly a year of low carbing, low fat, and a personal trainer.... She said, losing it was easy, keeping it off will be the big struggle.... she's not kidding...
Looking forward to the weight to drop for xmas.. If the weight doesn't drop, but the inches do, i'll be just as happy....i'm dying to get into my size 10 jeans that are at the back of the closet... waiting patiently for me to return!!!!! anyways...... have a good week everyone!
  #99   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 06:53

BF:

Welcome H.
Seems everytime I get a chance to check up, new people are here. Thats GREAT!! Good luck to everyone low carbing today. Hope your weather is beautiful up north. We had one cool day but I think its going to be back in the upper 70s low 80s this week. I have 3 1/2 weeks to lose as much as possible. I will be cooking Christmas dinner this year so I have control of the desserts. Thank goodness!!! We are putting up the tree today and we are going to wait and put outside decorations up this weekend. Talk to you all later.
Have a great day!!!
  #100   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 08:02
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Morning Renee

Did you get a chance to weigh in after TOM?

Have fun putting up the tree today, we did all of our holiday decorating (inside and out) yesterday, BUT, there is a short in our tree lights so I have to pick some new ones up this week. The kids were bummed about not being able to hang up the ornaments We started our advent calendar this morning, that always makes the holidays seem so much closer!!!!!
  #101   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 08:54

BF:

I havent had tom yet. Anytime now . Probably not a change, the way I cheated this holiday. We will see. Post pictures of your lights if you get a chance. I will too when we get them up. Talk to you later. Ive been on here more than I shouldve already. I try to only get on in the morning and at night.
  #102   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 18:07

Baking an Atkins corn bread for hubby... let's hope it's good. I'm not much into LC foods but he is...

Cheers,
H.
  #103   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 20:50
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

oooooooo, H! Let us know how the bread turns out!

How did putting up the tree go Renee?
  #104   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 22:27

Stats: 137/133/125 Female 5'6
BF:

Hi all-
Oh H, that dog, what kind is it? It is so cute. I have been spending time researching dogs. My kids are 6 and 3 1/2. I grew up with pets, but my husband never had a pet except for a turtle. He did not have it for long because it ran away. I finally got him to say yes to a dog. I think pets are great for kids. It will be a lot of work for me.... almost like a new baby. So I'm thinking summer or fall. My youngest will be between 4 and 4 1/2. I have a goal for myself. I read a lot of books, but have decided to stop until I read the Bible. So I started in Mid November using a plan that takes one year. My goal is to get done within 6 months. Between reading the Bible and A Purpose Driven Life (book for church study), I'm always behind in my reading. It feels like college. Today was a long work out day. I lifted weights and went to spinning. Also, beans, yuk, the flu. It is suppose to be nasty this year. Nothing is as bad is taking care of really sick children when your really sick. I remember when my oldest was a baby. My husband and I had the stomach flu. I was on the couch and got sick on the floor and was too sick to get up and clean it. Somehow, I phoned my parents and begged them to come over to watch my daughter so my husband and I could rest. Oh, what a terrible feeling... too sick to care for my child. Anyway, we are healthy today!!!! Thank goodness. Angie
  #105   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 05:35

BF:

I have a black lab/chow mix(mostlylab). Her name is Sadie. They are alot of work. We all begged my husband for one, finally years of begging we got one. They ARE time consuming like babies. When we got her she fit in our arms just like a baby, now shes 10 months old and probably weighs between 50 and 60 lbs. Boy, shes a big girl.

My bible lays on my nightstand alond with another book called PLEASE READ ME. Mom n Law gave me the read me book , never get a chance to read it. I was reading a chapter in my bible every night for a long time but have gotten out of practice the past month or so. I started from Genesis and my goal was to read a chapter at night till I finished the whole Bible. I will definitely pick that up again real soon. You would be surprised how much it deals with everyday life.

Our fridge broke , so we have to get the fridge guy out to fix it. Thats a word you dont hear much in the north(fix) (lol). We were considering buying a new one, but so expensive, and my husband is busy with toys for tots this season, so we will just fix it and hope for the best.

Becki, Im standing at 150 as of now, but TOM will rear her head anytime now. Thought it wouldve been yesterday, but oh well. Anyday now. I should definitely drop 3 to 4 lbs. So looks like my stats will probably stay the same. Im not getting frustrated, trying to focus on the size 10 jeans Im wearing now. OH Yea, I bought a digital scale this weekend, a Taylor. Talk to you all later.
Renee