Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 19:42

Plan: I am a leaf on the wind
Stats: 290/275/195 Male 5.11
BF:a mess of it
Progress: 16%
Wink The Agricultural Complex

I am not paranoid.

I take precautions.

One horror filled morning I had found that someone/something had crept into my room one evening and sprinkled all purpose flour on my pillow and placed a croissant under my pillow. I postulated that I had been targeted by the industrial/agricultural complex for Carbulation.

For weeks I stared at the ceiling tiles in a terror of the unknown forces that were arrayed against me.

Once at the meat counter a man in a white lab coat slammed his shopping cart into mine and offered to deep fry all my cutlets if I would follow him into a dark room and answer "a few questions".

Now I can see, now I know.

These pyramid people are everywhere...AND THEY'RE LOOKING FOR YOU!!!!

Now at bedtime I wear an ALL MEAT helmet to bed and smear bacon grease on the door jam.

I call it being prepared.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 19:48

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Now at bedtime I wear an ALL MEAT helmet to bed and smear bacon grease on the door jam.

Hmmm...now I wonder what that would do for my morning bedhead?
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 20:03

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%

Steveed - Your post earns the highest laughter rating. Spitting water on the desktop! Thanks! I needed that!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 20:18

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I do not feel paranoid and I have a new WOE and I am not on a diet. A diet sounds to restrictive and I do not feel that way about this.

Yes labels can be misleading.

Windy
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 20:20

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I agree my cooking taste so much better now. This is not a diet but a WOE. I like the others am not paranoid.

This is a great plan for people that really are serious about getting health and losing weight.

Windy
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 08:59
Living Healthy

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 281.4/239.4/145 Female 5'4"
BF:imp/rov/ing
Progress: 31%
Talking

Substandard food? Not what I've been eating!!!!
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 13:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/196/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Paranoid

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 18:41

Stats: 209/198/145 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 17%

Substandard food? I tried WW before Atkins, spent almost $200.00 lost 2 pounds, I was always hunger. Most of the stuff I ate, was frozen. Now I eat great tasting foods.

Last edited by Zuleka : Tue, Nov-18-03 at 21:02.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 10:16

Stats: 215/150/?? Male 5' 11
BF:25%/17%/<10%
Progress:

sjkling,
Here are both of those recipies.

Steaks with Blue Cheese Topping

4 steaks (Ribeye, Tenderloin, etc.)
3 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
1 green onion, finely chopped

1. Make Cheese Topping: Combine all ingredients except steak.

2. Rub each side of steaks with garlic. Grill steaks until almost done.

3. Top each steak with an equal amount of cheese topping. Grill one or two minutes more to slightly melt cheese topping.

Chicken Bryan

Chicken:
6 large chicken breasts
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
8 ozs goat cheese, softened to room temperature. Caprino or other

Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce:
2 tbs butter
4 garlic cloves, pressed
1 tbs finely chopped yellow onion
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup lemon juice
10 tbs cold butter, cut into small pieces
1 jar finely sliced sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper

1. Prepare the sun-dried tomato sauce: Place 2 tbs butter, garlic and onion in a large skillet over medium heat and saute until garlic and onion
are tender and transparent. Add white wine and lemon juice. Increase heat to medium-high and simmer to reduce by half. Reduce heat to low.
Add cold butter one piece at a time. Add sun-dried tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper and stir to blend ingredients. Set aside.

2. Prepare the chicken: Preheat grill. Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until cooked through.
Divide goat cheese evenly between chicken breasts, placing some on each breast for the last two minutes of cooking. Place cooked chicken on
serving platter and spoon sun-dried tomato sauce over chicken.
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 20:25

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8
Progress: 100%

Zuleka you have truly tickled my funny bone..I know it was not meant to be funny, but it was...LOL.

Anna
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 13:36

Stats: 330/217/190 Male 70 in
BF:?/30/less than 20
Progress: 81%

I consider myself on a diet. I think the word diet just means what you are eating. I think most of us are either trying to lose weight or maintain our weight loss by the diet we have chosen. Some of us also have health concerns that we are trying to address with our diet. This is my way of life. I dont think that weather you want to call it a "way of life" or a "diet" is important.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 14:32

Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

thanks! going to try the steaks first! can't wait!
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 14:52
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

>>"THAT isn't in the Spirit of Low Carb"

The spirit of low carb is to eat the way our ancestors did - how much phoney frankenfood did neanderthals have access to? Where do sugar alcohols occur naturally?

>>"I just think its pretty Sad that so many seem to think that Low Carb should involve eating substandard food..."

I think it's pretty sad that some consider real, whole food to be "substandard" to processed junk.

Sunslyte, if you're one of those few who can chow down on RS chocolates and Atkins bars without stalling, all the power to you - but if you read carefully, most people who act "paranoid" are so because they're not losing.

Last edited by Kristine : Tue, Nov-25-03 at 14:58.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 11:00

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I totally agree with Chef. I get kinda nervous about LC products that mimic the original, high carb food. Ie: rolls, bagels, bread, pasta...on and on. That's because they may trigger cravings for the 'real' thing if I don't have LC around. Also, what's in that stuff? I'd rather find ways to prepare veggies and create/find recipes that fit LC without causing cravings.

I am also one of those people who's body can't recognize the difference between sugar substitutes and the real thing when it comes to feeding my addiction. I am super-addicted to sugar and have to stay away from sweet PERIOD in order not to trigger a binge or even a minor derailment of my plan. I am restarting Induction after a long absence from LCing (where I regained all the weight I lost) and am on Day 4. I'm also PMSing, so the cravings are thru the roof sometimes, but I know they will pass.

Anyway, I love the food I'm eating and find it to be 1000% HIGH standard, way higher than what I ate before (junk, junk, junk with loads of sugar and carbs!).

Good luck in however you want to follow the plan--no problem with your comments above, just the substandard thing, which I may have misinterpreted??

Nicole
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 23:44
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 180/148/130 Female 5ft 3.5in
BF:unknown
Progress: 64%

I agree with the person who said she was a carboholic. If I get one taste of refined carbohydrates, all bets are off. You take Christmas,I decide a little mashed potatos wouldn't hurt. Well, after the potatos, I went for the stuffing, then desserts, I over did the sparkling apple cider, dove into the chips, and before you could say cheese cake there went my carb count for the week. The only way I was able to get back on track the next day, was to do strict induction for the next couple of days. So ingredients are very important to me. Hidden carbs could undermine my entire program. I don't know if I'll ever get in the position to be able to handle them. I have to treat it like a drug addiction, because I think of refined carbs as a drug, at least for me. So I probably don't spend enough time worrying about secret ingredients, but can see where vone could get concerned. Judy