Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 03:23

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

And a Big good morning to everyone.
Got my 2 miles in, using the weights, and it' is no doubt giveing me my moneys worth . Did my 10, bodyflex for the face. I'm starting to get real serious about quiting smoking. Now that I'm do atkins, and don't have cravings, may be the time to do it. plus I know I will feel much better for it. Contaplating, the thought to be smoke free by the New Years.

Hope all you all are doing great, and getting ready for turkey day, Im going to have my cake and eat it tooo, for one day. LOL
Cheryl
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 04:16

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 190/190/90 Female 153
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking walk

hi everyone hope you all fine and losing

i have been walking and exercising and determined to lose weight before xmas thats my challenge

just need support and motivation and guidance
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 06:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

good morning surfmom! thanks for asking about me....i need to know someone's going to keep me honest! i went to curves on monday and tuesday because i can't go today, but that means that i did do my walk -- just one mile-- this morning! thanks for caring!

i like your kind of workout--lifting the coffee cup and turning the pages! very funny! if i could count folding clothes, i'd be in shape! in fact, there goes my dryer buzzer now! check with ya'll later!
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 13:47

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 330/258.2/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%
Thumbs up I LOVE these workouts!

I regularly do the 45 minute 3 mile walk. I have learned through experience and experimentation that I get the most benefit when I do this workout on an empty stomach. Best for fat burning. I also sometimes put the 1 mile in after a meal. When I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with my daughter I had to do 20 minutes of exercise after every meal to keep my blood sugars down. I only wish I had these workouts then - they would have made the 20 minutes of exercise easier and more fun than walking up and down the halls. I love these videos!
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 19:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/217/175 Female 5 feet 10 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

I am glad everyone is doing so well.

I was able to do the mile today. With the weather being so yucky my body feels even worse..so I thought that was a big accomplishment for me today. I figure something is better than nothing.

Take care everyone and keep on walking.

Kathy
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 03:17

BF:

A lovely Thusday to my Buddies
Glad everyone is getting in there walk

Kathy it gets better, as you get use to walking, You will fill so much better, That yucky feeling will go away

sjkling OK towels count, socks don't. NOW if you do Blankets, you may need a day of rest after those Soooo glad your still with us... I need you guys tooo to keep me going. LOL

Jackie, Thinking of you,

CarbJunky2 I work out on an emty stomach toooo. My day starts, at 1:15am, and I workout at 2:15am, soooo If I ate that early I would prop. throw up LOL.
I like my tapes too, will look in to getting some others, sooo I can swap out day to day so I don't get burn out on the same tape

Ok I got that 2 miles, in and my arms are sore from useing the weights, Sooo much more of a workout then with the ab belt (Glad it broke now.) Feeling good and wishing this good feeling, out to all of you

Cheryl
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 05:40
Registered Member

Stats: 157/147/125 Female 5'3''
BF:28
Progress: 31%

Hi to all!

I'm back finally. Slacked about a week's worth time of wtap. I'm so glad to be back on track though. I did my 3 mi walk today and I feel much better.

Hope everyone is doing great with their walks.

-Wrap
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 05:54

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 214/214/190 Female 5ft
BF:
Default Thursday

Hi all,
I haven't gotten back into any exercise since the loss of my mom,but I'm planning on it very shortly,once I get back on track with things. I'm also going to do 1wk of reinduction too just to jump start myself.
This weekend,I'm going to my mom's and taking back all the exercise things I gave her years ago. So,I will be also doing the bkie and rowing machine,once I get things set up.
Somewhere I lost a few pounds and I want to keep watching that. I thought for sure I had gained with all the food.
  #69   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 17:59
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the encouragement Cheryl. I did the one mile again today. The walking part is going good..the stretchy thing a fine a bit harder..but I know it will get easier as well. I just wish my fibromylgia wasn't acting up so much and my body was in less pain. Oh well. Got to keep going!!

Take care of yourself sassy57 and sorry to hear about your mom.

Keep walking everyone..till next time.

Kathy
  #70   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 18:17

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoya19
Thanks for the encouragement Cheryl. I did the one mile again today. The walking part is going good..the stretchy thing a fine a bit harder..but I know it will get easier as well. I just wish my fibromylgia wasn't acting up so much and my body was in less pain. Oh well. Got to keep going!!

Take care of yourself sassy57 and sorry to hear about your mom.

Keep walking everyone..till next time.

Kathy

thanks Kathy,
I'm glad to see everyone else doing good
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 03:13

BF:

TGIF Everyone

Wrap I knew you were out there somewhere, LOL,

Kathy Good Job

Ok Did my 2 miles, yoowooo, so that makes a total of 10 miles for the week, Hummmm, wonder if I'm ready for a marathon yet LOL, aslo got my bodyflex face work out in. Yesterday went to wal mart and got my vitamins. centrum silver, and Omega complex 3-6-9. was going to get the meg calcum, but darn there expensive, will pick up others later in the week. Hope the Centrum doesn't upset my tummy, will let you know in a week if I feel any different (more energey)

Okydoky
You all have a great FRIDAY
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 05:24

BF:
Default Friday

Good for you Cheryl.
I did get to my local Walmart and you know they didn't have any of the low carb food. Just the candy bars and stuff. But mine wasn't a super Walmart,so guess I have to look for one of those.
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 08:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

good morning, walking friends! i got up extra early today and did the two mile workout! i really enjoyed it and hope i can start fitting it into my schedule! it's just so tempting to sleep a little longer! hope everyone is doing well....
  #74   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 12:41
Registered Member

BF:

Did my mile today.

surfnmom - 10 miles for the week Keep up the great work.

sjkling - glad to hear you did the two mile today

Speaking of vitamins I believe I am starting to run low on a few. Will have to go stock up again as well. Big expense at first but they do last for a few months. I believe they do help as well.

Have a great day everyone.

Kathy
  #75   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 03:08

BF:

GM everyone.

This is a quick post to say I did my 2 miles
I have company coming, and they are stay a week, so not sure how many work out am going to get in this up coming week. Hopefuly they won't get up at 1:00am with me LOL, and I can continue, on . Have a great saturday.
Cheryl