Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 11:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 146/128/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 113%
Smile Post Thanksgiving Kiss

Dear Amiee,

Sorry for not getting your name right yesterday.

Thank you for thinking of having another Kiss challenge after Thanksgiving, I will monitor this thread.

I have all of the recipes that you posted, thank you very much.

On the Kiss Plan, how many calories and net carbs are you supposed to consume in a day.

I keep pickled eggs that I make in my fridge at home and at work, everyone at work loves pickled eggs but do not like to make them. I buy the gigantic 5 dozen package at Costco and have been trying different pickled egg recipes to find the best that DH and I can settle down to. I also try to cook extra chicken and other meats and cut them into bite size pieces and take them to work in a Zip Lock to munch on.

Will catch you all later.

Carol
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 11:23
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

I'm having a hard time. I started eating more carbs and junk last week, kind of getting ready for the deprivation, but then I didn't stop! Plus I was finding all these great recipes while looking for Thanksgiving recipes and I keep making them, there all very sweet blah, blah, blah. I started going up to 25 carbs and slowly worked up to about 45 and my weight was up today too.

Ok enough excuses!

Today I had the mock danish, half a diet snapple, and a decaf coffee with 1 SNL, but I am starting right now on kiss.
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 11:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 184/184/129 Female 5'4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

[B]Day 3,[/B] No coffee!!! I can't believe it I have survived half-day already.
My breakfast was some shreded meat with some onion-cilantro sauce that my Mom makes and some cabbage.
I need to keep up with my water though, too low today.

Amiee, thank you for you cheer and for answering my questions . you are my inspiration.
[
U]MammaSarah,[/U] I was wondering what would make a good snack as well. I bought some chicken breast, cut in up in small pieces and sauteed it with a bit of olive oil and some garlic and onion powder and a drop of liquid smoke. I have it in the refrigerator nice and handy. Last night before supper I had some wrapped ina lettuce leaf. Nice yummy snack. Maybe a boiled egg would do too.

Patnaude, We look forward to have you join us. After these two weeks I am planning on doing induction during the Thanksgiving Holidays, so after Thanksgiving is back to KISS for a little while.

Nawchem, you are talking to the queen of excuses here, That's why I just can't seem to get rid of the last few pounds. I too, had a high-carb weekend, but that's ther past. I am glad I am trying this, and I am glad you are as well. Yesterday, for the first time ever, I had so much energy I couldn't believe it. I did so much work mentally and physically and did not feel tired at all. It was amazing!! Only 3 days into KISS and I already feel the difference. Hang in there, try your best one day at the time (Sheez I sound like AA or something). Anyway, please let us know how you do.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Mary

Last edited by maryp : Wed, Nov-12-03 at 12:01.
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 14:35

BF:

Dear Mary,

Thank you for your kind words, I also look forward to joining you after Thanksgiving.

I do not do the typical Thanksgiving Dinner, it is only DH and I, I am going to pick up some lobster tails at Costco to have for our Dinner, with a nice green salad it should be fantastic. My mouth is already watering. We do not get to have lobster very often, very expensive here in Montana.

Everyone have a great and keep up the good work.

Will talk to you all later.

Carol
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 18:04

BF:

Hi Carol,

Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds lovely, and it is LC!!!
I am sure that it will be very special.
Hmmm, where's everyone else today? kind of a quiet day today.
I'm getting ready to have dinner. A small sirloin steak grilled, cauliflower and a small salad.
I did Ok today and amazingly enough didn't get a caffeine headache. things can only get better .

Good Night Everyone.
Mary
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 19:55

BF:
Smile Thanks for the nice words

Dear Mary,

Thank you for stopping by and reading my journal, you say the nicest things.

Oh, what you are having for dinner sounds delicious.

I'm glad that I gave up caffein several years ago, it has always bothered me and I hate it when I feel rattled. Caffein does that to me. I was never a heavy coffee drinker, I could take it or leave it. When I drink coffee it is always the decaf. I also do drink a couple of cups of tea a day, I drink one cup of green tea and then usually a cup of decaf herbal tea. I do drink a lot of water, I drink several bottles a day, I usually buy two cases of the 35 bottles per case (16.9 ounces per bottle) from Costco. I keep a lot of it on hand, my boss also keeps the same water on hand at the shop. I've always got a bottle of it around me and I like to drink it at room temperature (except in the summer). I cannot stand tap water, it has such a metal taste.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Carol
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 20:02

BF:
Smile Your Mom's Recipe

Dear Mary,

I forgot to ask you in the other reply if you could ask your Mom for the recipe for the shredded meat with onion-cilantro sauce and cabbage. It sounds delicious.

Carol
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 05:20

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

All this shredded meat you guys are talking about is making me hungry! I need to go buy a big beef roast at Costco tomorrow!

Last night I just had two big servings of broccoli for dinner as it was one of those days where I was only home for an hour and had to rush out again after cleaning up. I was starving at bedtime and resisted the temptation to eat something un-kissable. So now I'm down another .5 lb. to a new low!!!! And this is my weight gain/pms week!

Yesterday I was sniffing a vanilla wafer cookie that the baby didn't want. Boy it smelled good! But my 7 y/o DS saved me. "Don't tempt yourself, Mom!"

One of the easy dinners we make is to throw a bunch of chicken breasts in the crockpot with some olive oil, a couple of T of minced garlic, and some balsamic vinegar. I love this chicken and it would be good for snacking on. Maybe I'll make up some more!
  #69   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 07:17

BF:

[U]Sara[/U]"Don't tempt yourself, Mom!"
Sounds funny, but it is so true. Many times we are the ones tempting ourselves. thankfully you have your little one to come to your rescue .
I like your chicken recipe, I will try it this weekend. tha good thing about crockpot recipes is that you can set everything up on Sunday morning and byt the time we get back from church lunch is done.

Congratualtions on your weight loss!!
I am in my PMS week also, but I gained 2lbs. according to the scale this morning. i am not too concerned thought, I know it will come off. I actually feel lighter regardless of what the the scale says.

Carol, Do you add anything to your teas? I heard that green tea is supposed to be good for you, but I cannot drink tea without A. Sweetener. do you drink it because you like it or for the health benefits?
I'll comeback with the recipe later.

nawchem, how are you? were you able to stik to KISSing? If not, today is a perfect day to give it a try.

Miss Aimee, Wrap, Where are you? How are things working for you?

Here's a question for everybody, What kind of supplements do you take and how many a day?

Day 4, good so far. I need to drink more water and up my excersice a bit. I had my morning jog this morning and then half-did my abs. I am hoping to be able to work on my shoulders and chest later today. I have a very busy day, but i am totally commited to staying away from that coffe pot, decaff or not. I think that not only the coffee, but the creamer and A.S. is what has been keeping me from getting the scale moving. We shall see...
Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Last edited by maryp : Thu, Nov-13-03 at 07:21.
  #70   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 08:35

Stats: 182/152/120 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 48%

Good Morning all of you beautiful kissers. Yesterday I felt so bad. I ate very little. I only got in 741 calories and my carbs net 35. So far I've had a very busy week with little sleep but I feel great today.

Carol~~There is no limit on the amount of calories or carbs that you consume just make sure you still to the plan and you will lose.

MamaSara~~I'm glad your son rescued you. I need him around me sometime. Congratulations on your loss. Isn't it amazing to lose weight during tom. You are very brave for stepping on that scale during tom.
  #71   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 08:35

BF:

Hi Mary
  #72   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 10:07
Registered Member

Stats: 157/147/125 Female 5'3''
BF:28
Progress: 31%

Hi Girlfriends! Good Morning. Hope you're all kicking away the incoming holiday jitters.

Sorry I was a bit busy as well. I had to tidy a bit around my place. I have 8 people coming in from California to visit me and my kids. Early thanksgiving for us so it seems. I am still worried about fighting temptations while cooking out and eating out with them this weekend. Crossing fingers but I will stick to Kiss. Also feeling a lil lighter. Weee.

To answer the supplement and workout questions:

I wake up at 5a.m. and take 1000mg of L-Carnitine. Then I hit up my dvd workouts. I do 3 miles of the Walk Away The Pounds and then immediately afterwards I do 20 mins of Winsor Pilates. Take breakfast.

Take 1 capsule of 1000mg Flaxseed Oil, 1 tablet B-complex with Vitamin, 1 tablet Calcium and Magnesium with Zinc. My birth control pill naturally elevates my production of Potasium so theres no need for me to take a potasium supplement.

Before Bedtime another Flaxseed Oil and Calcium combo tablet again.

Ok gals I see you later on again. I am having a late breakfast today. Hehe.

-Wrap
  #73   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 11:20

BF:
Smile Good Morning

Hi All,

Mary, I do not put anything in my tea, I enjoy drinking tea straight. If I have a cup of decaf coffee, I put about 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Half & Half in it, that is something that I cannot drink straight. I drink the green tea because it is good for me and the others because I like the taste and it gives me a break from plain water.

Amiee, thanks for the info on calories and carbs I am trying to get all of my ducks in a row ahead of time.

Everyone have a good day.

Carol
  #74   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 15:33

Stats: 232/219.4/210 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hi everyone -

I've been thinking about doing KISS for a couple of weeks now, and your posts have been very enlightening!

I have a question. I know that processed meats are a no-no on KISS. I live in the UK, and the local butchers all have fresh bacon. Presumably this stuff is not processed as it is sold fresh and not packaged. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this? Is fresh bacon allowed on KISS??

Thanks!
-L
  #75   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 16:06

BF:

It is allowed as long as it is fresh. I wish you could mail me some.

So far I've eatten chicken and cabbages.