Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 13:41
Nequaquam Vacuum!

Plan: The Zone, Fat Flush
Stats: 178.5/147.5/147.7 Female 64 inches
BF:more than enough
Progress: 101%
Red face welcome Bawdy!

Writing this good belongs in a journal! What a thread!
When I'm camping, I'm so afraid of the dark that it really doesn't matter to me the whos, wheres and whys of peeing in the woods. I just unzip the tent, creep out, inch a tiny bit sideways (maybe two-three and a half steps), get my hmmmm: nether region out of the fifteen layers of sweatpants I usually wear and pee, yes, usually on my own feet. Hence the reason why I always grab my husband's shoes when heading out.
It's dangerous work!

Jasmine, forum class clown.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 14:01
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Hence the reason why I always grab my husband's shoes when heading out.

I honestly don't know how I got through life without all the useful things I keep learning on this forum. Why didn't I think of using Kyle's shoes before?

Signed,

Caught with her pants down
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 14:37
Raising My Pitch

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/200/150 Female 5'7"
BF:getting lower
Progress: -32%

I love to camp also, done most all kind's, from tent to camper, we have a 23 ft. Vega, 1972 vintage, it's an antique like me. When I was younger the squatting wasn't much of a problem, but now I would have to take someone along to pull me back up. Some years ago I went on a trip to Rome. Their restroom facilities are quite different from here, you had to put your feet on two raised platform's and squat, I had on a skirt and had it gathered up around my waist, but forgot about getting my panties pulled out of the way, you guessed it, I peed all over them. I'm thinking, Dam, what do I do now. Only thing a girl could do, pull'in off and throw'em away. I came out looking kinda sheepish. My sister ask what was I looking so funny about, I told her and she laughed so loud. I thought everyone was looking and could tell. We were on a tour bus and our next stop was the Vatican. I know probably today's generation wouldn't think that was any big deal, but if you were raised up when and how I was, your panties and keeping them on were about as sacred as the Pope.

When I was reading this thread it brought back some fond and funny memories. Thanks Sylvia
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 14:55

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

A journal? Really? I'm so new here, though I've been LCing since 1999 at least. I'll think about it. I've peeked at a couple journals, and they go on and on. I can't imagine that anyone would be that interested in my progress.

Do most posters have journals?

I do post daily over on the Protein Power forum, under the post cleverly titled "Protein Power - day of week."

Hmmmm. I'll have to think about the journal thing. I do have a lot of dumb questions . . . which reminds me of something I read the other day:

There are no dumb questions. There are, however, an awful lot of inquisitive idiots around."
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 15:03

BF:

Hey, Jasmine! Is that a facial mask you're wearing in your avatar pic? (I hope so, because if not I just committed one heck of a faux pas! )

It reminds me of something that happened earlier in the year. At the end of March, I fell on the staircase and broke 2 vertebrae. Not fun. Anyway, while recuperating, I decided one day to put on a facial mask. Why not? Middle of the day. We live in the middle of nowhere, no close neighbors, no one knows about my accident. So, there I was with white goop all over my face, hobbling along with a cane and bent over like a little old lady, and the doorbell rings.

It's a "neighbor" I'd never met, inviting me to a local "neighbors helping neighbors" club. I've lived here for 16 years and no one has ever invited me to this freakin' club! Why on the day that I look like that?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Hmmmmm. Maybe I should think more on that journal thing.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 15:47

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

"now I would have to take someone along to pull me back up."

Sylvia....that's why it's good to pee next to a tree! Gives you something too help pull yourself up with!
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 17:02
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Bawdy: You are absolutely, no-doubt-about it, a journaler. Your "introduce yourself" post was much more a first page of a journal than a "newbies" post. If you care to read the first page of my journal, you'll see I had serious doubts about starting one. Now I'm addicted to it. (that's a warning, but the fun far outweighs the problem) Another potential difficulty is that you begin to feel somewhat obligated to post to your journal on a regular basis or you lose your "audience". But for those of us who actually enjoy writing, that's not a major problem. It's okay to disappear for a while.

As to whether most posters have journals, I would guess that maybe 75% of most regular posters do. The benefit I see to having one, other than the fact that it is far more fun than the best tv sitcom, is that people get to know you, and you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can, of course, still ask specific questions in other general forums any time.

By the way, I use your mayo/shredded parmesan "breading" for a lot of chicken and pork recipes....I've never tried it with fish. Hmmmmm. What kind of fish? I agree that salmon might be iffy. Tonight I had boneless pork chops, added dried dill weed to the mixture, and I think that might be a keeper. If you like the taste of dill weed, of course. I also added partially cooked quarter slices of bacon on top of each chop before baking/broiling. Almost lost my head and mixed crushed pork rinds in with the mayo/cheese mixture but decided that would be a bit, um....Piggish.

Do think about starting a journal. It saves time and running around all over the board willy-nilly.

Kay

Last edited by TarHeel : Sat, Nov-01-03 at 19:52.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 18:19
Run Spot, run!

Stats: 168/151/150 Female 67 inches
BF:32%/27ish%/21-25%
Progress: 94%

I knew that eventually the proper forum for this product would come along, but honestly, I didn't think it would be here.

Yesterday while I was wasting time in KMart, (since I can't shop at Wal-mart anymore) because Mad and I were locked out of my mom's place, I happened to spot "portable urinals" in the camping department (I was in the camping department not because you will ever find me camping, but because I still need that folding cup).

Portable urinals are a little flexible (and disposable) cup with a baggie attached. Apparently you press it to your ...umm... nether region and whiz without fear. Your... umm....deposit... gets locked away in a deodorizing gel! Oh, and you remain standing. Cool. Empowering. Good for footwear. What's not to like?

What's sad is, I actually considered buying a three-pack of these portable urinals.

I'm certain Dig will wander by at any moment and tell us about her mother's brush with stand-up urination...

Lisa
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 22:22
Canuck Conundrum

Stats: 283/000/180 Female 5' 8"
BF:?///?
Progress: 275%

Welcome Bawdy!!!

Quote:
Or you can make sure you have a tree or car door right behind you in case you start to lose your balance. I use wet wipes, and throw the used tissue into the campfire when no one is looking.....

My advice exactly....and my tissue disposal method is the same. Discretion at all times...lol. (Kay...please don't report me to Falls Lake!!!)

I always make sure there is a tree handy for balance, because there is usually some sort of "balance challenging" beverages involved, but that's another thread.

Okay...enough pee talk.

Pleeeeeeze join us in journal land. I'm sure you will fit in quite nicely with our band of merry makers. It really is a help to post your food, keep track of progress, have folks to bounce daily woes and questions off. Besides that, we have way too much fun.

I shall assume that I will be on the list of those informed of your new journal. Mine is a tad "bawdy" at times, but don't be afraid to drop in and let me know...

Sam
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 07:01

Plan: Slim in 6
Stats: 232/????/162 Female 5'7"
BF:too much :-)
Progress: 74%

Hi Bawdy,

Welcome to this board. I loved the story of how you got your name. I'm not a technical writer but I do write like you...I need to say what I need to say. Come on over and visit my journal and you'll see. The Carb creep was after me this week so I know exactly what you mean,but I wish I knew how to deal with it before 10 lbs. came back on.I'd like to meet it head on but never seem to until it goes too far. As of today,I'm on track and living large (maybe not a good phrase )

I will not be here after this Fri. for a few months as I'm in the process of moving. I hope to see you here when I get back online but with a journal for us all to rant in! Kay did not put me up to saying that *wink*

Have a great LC day,
Linda
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 08:25

BF:

The wench bows to peer pressure.

The journal is out there.

How did my "introduction" turn into a instruction manual for how to pee in the woods?

WAIT! I'm a technical writer! I write instruction manuals! THERE MIGHT BE BIG MONEY IN THIS! I can see it now, #1 on the New York Times Bestseller List:

Everything You Need to Know About Peeing in the Woods . . . But Were Afraid to Ask!

or

Wet Shoes: Diary of a Midnight Pee-er

(feel free to add your own)
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 21:47

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

how about: ' Why White Shoes Are A Mistake'
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 18:35

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Bawdy

As you know I do a lot of hiking - and being on a LC WOE - a lot of drinking.... it follows that I have experience with peeing in the woods. Do I need to organize 101 Peeing in the Woods for Ladies? Rob, I haven't hit my lilly white hiking boots in years