Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 13:16
Brown-Eyed Girl

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Maybe I need to try the only 5 lbs rule. I have been stuck around 195 for several weeks and am getting a little discouraged especially when I think about how far I have to go.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 18:48
Under Construction

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 245/148/140 Female 5'4"
BF:less/than/B4
Progress: 92%

I try to look at weight loss for the week lately. I'm happy to have lost one pound for the week, thrilled if it's 2. It's never more than that so I guess we don't have to worry about me falling over of a heart attack.
  #93   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 09:10

Stats: 290/247/165 Female 178 cm
BF:
Progress: 34%

Kim, Try not to think about how far you still have to go. I know that's easier said than done, but it really helps. At first I lived in the fantasy that I would reach my goal weight by this summer and be able to wear a bikini again. Now, after losing a lot of weight really fast (+/- 50 lbs in 3 months), I'm suffering the by-products of losing weight that fast. Half my hair fell off, my nails take ages to grow and I went for two months without a period and then bled for one month straight (my ob/gyn said that was due to the fast weight loss). And all that while taking my vitamin/mineral supplements every day... So now I guess I'm happy to lose slower and if I have to wait till next summer to wear a bikini, so what, I've waited this long. I've bought a real nice one-piece swimsuit and that is that. I'm losing 1-2 lbs a week, sometimes none. Like Jill, I'm thrilled when I lose 2 and I don't think you'll be hearing of any excess-thrill-induced heart attack from me either, which is always reassuring
  #94   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 10:07

Plan: PP
Stats: 183/165/145 Female 5'6
BF:41/39/20's
Progress: 47%

I know this weight lose thing is so hard sometimes, but look out how far each of us has come. This WOL seems to come about more slowly as you go along, but hey look at the great food we can eat!
I don't know about anyone else but I have always been prone to skin eruptions and since 3 months ago I have been acne free, my skin has never looked better.
Also I have read many ppl here measuring those inches lost, seems this can happen even when the scale is not budging.
So in this case it may be better to look at the little picture and enjoy our mini successes.
  #95   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 06:24

BF:

Rosie, you're luckier than me. I used to have great skin and ever since I started this WOE it seems that I went back to my teenage years. Now I have acne and strange rashes that come and go... This is supposed to have something to do with intolerance to certain foods that I eat more now, like eggs or dairy, but I still couldn't figure out which food causes these reactions. But hey, I'm wearing jeans for the first time in ages, so this is a price I'm willing to pay!
  #96   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 07:52
Under Construction

Happy Thanksgiving!!
  #97   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 09:05

BF:

Jill, That's a great picture!
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 09:21

I hope it is not so quiet here because nobody survived Thanksgiving and the temptaions that came along! I spent a nice holiday in Southern CA, with family and friends, did alot of cooking and only just enough eating to satisfy. Hope all of you are just busy with the plans for the next BIG DAY...My Ds is telling everyone that Santa is bringing him a motorized Scooter! NOT He is only four, so Santa may dissappoint this year!
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 17:03
Under Construction

I'm alive and well. Thanksgiving was a nice time. I stuck to LC, but ate plenty.

I am so proud of getting so much of my Christmas stuff done early. I am 85% done shopping, 14 gifts wrapped so far, tree is up, place is decorated, (and even clean I might add) and I even cut the lawn to spruce it up one last time for the year. It was 29 degrees windchill that day! Maybe I've lost my mind with all the weight.

Quote:
Santa may dissappoint this year

Oh, sorry to hear that. That is always a tough one. Is there anything you could substitute that might make him happy? That, or talk him into asking for something else. Cameron has always been pretty easy to persuade into my line of thinking when it comes to stuff like that. Good luck!
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 19:48

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 183/175/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Hi everybody, may I join you?

Hi everybody,

my name is Lindsey, i have 2 sons (2 1/2 yrs and 11 months), and have VERY recently started LC'ing. i started cold turkey on Nov 18th, but i cheated on Thanksgiving (who wouldn't?) and went right back on PP the next day. so i consider myself as "starting over" at this point.
I have never dieted before. of course, i have been pregnant or nursing for almost 3 1/2 years now, and that's what put me in a "hefty" situation. i stopped nursing about 6 weeks ago and am ready to have my body back!
everyone at my work is doing WW, but the counting of points is far too much for me to handle! plus, i do have a goal weight, but really my size and shape is more important. i work full time outside the home, so the easier the better.

I have not been horribly strict as of late (i've had nuts, low-carb ice cream, etc.). what do you all eat typically during intervention (or induction, however it is called), and for how long? PP says to go under 30 carbs a day until i get close to my goal weight, and i am curious as to what all of you are doing? are you counting or just keeping out the major carbs?.

when we eat together as a family i just skip the carbs or have something different. most dinners are myself and the kids, DH works nights so we don't need a sitter.

i've had fun reading the thread. i belong to a few discussion boards for moms, but this one has a new look, and it would also be nice to have some LC buddies. i was ecstatic to hear about ruby tuesday's, and could use some recipe/meal/easy snack ideas. it's hard when you hate cottage cheese
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 22:35

Welcome Lindsey,
I am not the official welcome wagon, but maybe the best you will do for now! I like cottage cheese but it does unruley things to my BS so I avoid it now. I find good results with ricotta for Bfast; 1/4 c ricotta, one egg and 1/2 t baking soda, makes riteous pancakes served with SF syrup or Davinci syrup. Makes a nice change to eggs and bacon. Or try 1/4 cup ricotta w/ two egss cooked over low heat until grainy and set for a cream of wheat variety. I grate a little cheddar in this and bacon or sausage if I have it, this also makes a good Bfast. I am not on induction or any other strenuous version of the WOE, I keep to <60g carb a day while nursing. This allows for more variation and I still manage to lose about 1# a week. Good Luck with your journey and hope to hear form you soon,
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 02:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/197/140 Female 67in
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hello, I did survive the Turkey feast, even though the diet didn't. Oh well, back on track now. I too have decorated for x-mas. I can't wait!!! Took the kids to see the movie ELF so that I could see it. Great movie for the family. Better go, got gingerbread houses going. Will add more later when time permits.
  #103   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 17:42

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 183/175/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

thanks rosie. both of those sound pretty good. my mom is in town this weekend, hope i can stick to it. we'll see!
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 17:45
Under Construction

I can hardly believe Christmas is less than 2 weeks away. Although my shopping is mostly done, it's not completely done. I have a lot to wrap as well. I still haven't gotten around to putting up the outdoor lights and at this point wonder if it's worth it. We had a foot of snow last weekend and this weekend we are expecting another 8. The lights just get covered up anyway. All things considered, I'm not too far behind schedule.

It's a shame there never seems to be enough time to just enjoy the holiday. I hope you all are able to find time to relax and enjoy yourselves. I think I'm going to have to make the time. *Kicking off my shoes and headed to the stereo to put some xmas tunes on and enjoy the decorations.*
  #105   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 21:22
ArtificiallyFlavored

Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi. I'm a single mom, I have 3 kids, but the older two live with their dad. My little one is 4 and she is a card. Right now I'm just trying to get us both over being sick, it gets old after a while, doesn't it? This is the first time I've had to deal with the winter sickness season as a single parent, so it seems pretty bumpy for me right now.