Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 10:49

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

Low fat , high carb will be really hard. I dont think I have any of that. I was planning on having halloween candy and pizza,. Now I am not so sure.

Last edited by cincin11 : Fri, Oct-31-03 at 10:53.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 04:31

BF:

Well, I didnt have any low fat foods , but they were high in carbs. I ate
Breakfast: banana with pb.
snack at school: 2 cupcakes,one was a mini& other was small also, crackers veggies and ranch.
lunch: mac and cheese(almost the whole box)
, choc milk. bite of a real pb and jelly
dinner:2 little pcs . jenos pizza before trick or treating 2 pcs. sq. pizza after,
Halloween candy: (5)reeses pb cups , (1)sugar babies,
(1)little snickers ,(1) twizzlers
5 am this morning another 3-4 reeses.and a choc milk

See, it was all high fat and high carbs. Well, I guess we will see what happens in the next few days anyway.
Do you think that was enough ? Should I do the rest of the day low carb?
I am not having any ill effects yet and I am up only 1 lb from yesterday, so I am 173.6 this morning

Last edited by cincin11 : Sat, Nov-01-03 at 04:32.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 06:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

Yeah, I'd go back to strict induction now. Considering it was also high fat, going on much longer might be playing with fire. Wow! I am so surprised you don't feel sick! Do tell us what happens in the coming days. And be strong! Sometimes it's hard to go back once you've tasted "blood."
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 07:22

BF:

I know ,I just ate the rest of the Reeses and a butterfinger .and 2 reeses fast breaks. I couldnt stop . I am glad they are gone now,but my 10 yr old went to his friends trick or treating and spent the night . I know he doesnt like reeses that much either, unless he likes them now. I have to pick him up at noon. I better be really full or I will be tempted.
I will do induction, it will be hard . I never ever wanted to go thru induction again. But I will try. I am used to eating pb every day. I think I only have about 3 cups of veggies anyway. I will just thaw out every piece of meat I own. I will let you know tomorrow morning what happens and each day after.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 07:29

Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

I would think just a few days of induction would do the trick. As for the candy, do you work? Could you bring what you son does not want there? Or SOMEPLACE else? I don't know about you but it's so hard for me to just throw stuff away! If I give it to someone I feel so much better about it.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 07:37

BF:

No, I dont work. I am boiling a bunch of eggs right now. lol I will do induction til my weight goes back, I guess. Thanks for your help. I wont cheat from here on in. I have good will power . I am gonna fill up on eggs. I will either throw out the candy or give it to someone.
I am going to the atkins center ,just to refresh my memory on induction. Its been a long time and I gave my cousin my atkins book
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 08:30

BF:

Oh, no , I cant get the atkins center to come up.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 12:53

Plan: IF/Low carb
Stats: 219/201/172 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

Congratulations on not feeling crappy. I used to love peanut butter cups, but now they taste truly aweful - like alot of my old favorite chocolate bars now do. Now I only like really expensive chocolate. Even Coke, which was once the nectar of the gods, now tastes like fizzy nothing. I still can't believe how good water is.

I think you should go back to your normal low-carb way of eating, weigh yourself every morning and learn how the refeed effected your weight loss. Since you only gained a pound it wasn't as big as it could have been. Induction is about breaking a carb addition and getting into a new way of eating. Hopefully, a single refeed would not make you regress that much.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 13:08

BF:

I thought the pb cups were delicious. But the butterfingers didnt taste the same. I am at 170.2 this morning. We'll see what happens tomorrow. If the pb cups werent good I wouldnt have had such a craving for them in the morning. . I tried to go back to induction,but that didnt last long. I was craving the reeses and made pb cups .I ate 6 right away and 2 this morning. So, the cravings arent over yet. But I haven't had any more bad candy.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 15:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

Would someone please explain the refeed. I think alot of people use it as an excuse to cheat. There are different levels of ketosis, the deeper you are in it, the better. How does raising your blood sugar level help? This just does not make any sense to me at all, whenever I had cheated, Ive gained tons of weight, and thats what ive seen in other people.
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 21:31

BF:

I can't explain it. You can look it up in the search engine.
I just know whenever I have had a high carb meal it has not hurt . Sometimes it cause me to lose a lb the next day. It might be coincidence .Who cares?

I cheated and had fun doing it. lol And I will have fun doing it again. It's not cheating anyway, it is enjoying a high carb food on occasion. I can't help it if I love Reeses pb cups.
I have had bryers ice cream and ice cream bars in my freezer for 2 days and only had one bar.

My mom strayed for 9 days ,partially because she was stalled. She didnt know you could just get back on . lol She came back on and dropped to a new low. I told her next time get the high carb food out of your system and go right back low carbing. She said her dr said the same thing.
I have heard weight watchers has you go off plan to get things moving and south beach has you eat what you want one day a week.
Why do you think that is?
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 11:48

Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

Does WW really advise people to go off plan? That's a new development, if so. All of these suggestions seem to be related to the same idea: that the body becomes possessive of every ounce if you stay on a certain low (or relatively low) calorie diet for a period of time. It stops producing leptin, which you need to lose weight (if I understand correctly). If you "cheat" you spark leptin production, which is then still available when you go back to low calories.
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 13:22

BF:

I don't understand it ,but I tried anyway .Even if I did do it wrong. Tom came early ,so cannot tell if it worked or not. It doesnt seem to have done any damage.

And as to WW . I am sure I read that some where .Doesn't mean it's true.
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 14:53

Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

Cin, I didn't mean to question you, I was just surprised that WW would go outside its usual boundaries that way.
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 17:59

Stats: 231/172/175 Male 70 inches
BF:30%/19%/17%
Progress: 105%

I was doing great, then stalled for a month as well. I also tried various solutions, but in the end, nothing worked like good old fashioned exercise!

Try intense exercise for a couple of weeks. It may be just the boost you need. While you may hate exercise, think of the benefits to your body. Give it a try before you start all kinds of weird diet variations.

brobin