Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 06:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 281/220/150 Female 65 inches
BF:shrinking everyday
Progress: 47%

Hi, Can I join this thread too? This is my very first post, so I'm not to sure how it all works yet, however I did figure out how to subscribe to this particular thread. Thanking you all in advance.

Marzipan
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 10:35
Registered Member

Stats: 201/170/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 51%

Hello to Eddie and Marzipan.
I don't get the height comment myself.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 16:29

Stats: 343/295/160 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 26%
Wink Finally!!!!!

I truly do not know how I missed this before, but it's great to find some "family". Alot of you look familiar, since I've read your comments in other posts, and I'm glad to join this group.

My name is Joni, I'm 24 years old and recently followed my girlfriend Charity from Atlanta, GA to Little Rock, AR. After 2 and a 1/2 years of being together and quickly gaining 75 pounds each of "comfort weight" (that is on top of the bulk that we allready had) we decided to start on Atkins around the end of August. Charity started at 337 and I was at a hefty 343. As of last weekend, we are both down to 304 and looking forward to getting in the "200's" again! Our goal weights are within 30 pounds of eachother, Charity wanting to be at 140(or so) and me being totally good at 160 (I'm 5'11 so I don't think I can go much lower than that). For our reward for hitting our goal weight we are going to have a commitment ceremony in Las Vegas hopefully in the end of 2004, but we'll see.

Well, I guess that I've rambled on enough, so I'll end this now. It'll be great to get to know all of you. We really should start a "main" thread!

With Pride,
Joni
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 18:07

Plan: LC
Stats: 266/224/185 Male 72 in
BF:?%/30%/15%
Progress: 52%

Hi Joni,

From the "Honorary Lesbian," welcome! It sounds like you guys are doing awesome! You put my lousy 3 lbs since 9/22 to shame. I was starting to get really disgusted and considered giving up. But when my DH and I went to the gym last night I asked one of the trainers to do a body fat analysis on me. I've actually gained about 1 1/2 lbs of muscle. So at least I am losing fat. Since we're working out several times a week and I'm taking a thermogenic supplement) both should keep my metabolism up) I'm going to try cutting my caloric intake and see if that will get the scales moving. If that still doesn't do it, I may get out the kitchen shears and the vacuum and do a self-liposuction! (Just a joke!)
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 07:27

BF:

MsDad,

Congratulations on your results. I have the same thing happen sometimes when I think I've lost nothing and then get really shocking results from my measurements alone. Also, thanks for the warm welcome. Charity and I actually just changed the way that we were doing "low carb" just two weeks ago to try and increase the amount of weight we are loosing(especially since we have so much to go). We've cut out "grains" and all "sugar alcohols" and it really seems to be making a differance. We're also adding in alot of excersize and are considering trying "Body for Life" in a few months. It was hell for us to cut out most or the LC convenience products that we have been using, but in the time that we cut all of that out until now we've actually lost 10 pounds.. so it must be working!

Talk to you soon!

Last edited by JYounginer : Thu, Nov-06-03 at 07:30.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 18:52
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYounginer
I have the same thing happen sometimes when I think I've lost nothing and then get really shocking results from my measurements alone.

I had that happen to me today--the scale said I'd gone up a couple of pounds since my US trip, but when I tried on a ring I haven't been able to wear for 13 years, it went on easily.

Quote:
We're also adding in alot of excersize and are considering trying "Body for Life" in a few months.

I recommend it highly. I've been lifting weights for years, but BFL is a whole 'nother level of effort. I stay mainly LC but I do the workouts, and I do take one free meal a week.

Emily
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 10:45
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Hello sisters and brothers!!!! I found you!!!!
Looking forward to becoming part of this thread.
did induction for 3 weeks, lost 11 lbs. went off lipitor, cholesterol sky rocketed.
read in other threads not to panic, as this will surely drop in a few weeks.
g/f and I are doing a modified version. We've removed most carbs from our life, although we love our veggies. I miss my salty popcorn snack. any suggestions on substitution for salty popcorn? I eat pork rinds in abundance.
Glad to have found you! Looking forward to becoming part of this family.
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 10:48
Registered Member

Perhaps we should identify ourselves here as "Gay & Lesbian" ?
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 10:57
Registered Member

Ms.Dad, loved the link you posted in "civil marriages." had to send that out! Thanks!
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 11:26
Registered Member

Post Calling All Gay & Lesbians Ready * Set * Go *

I want to find a buddy or two or three to be deligent with food intake and weight loss by the time NYE rolls around.
Anyone want to do this as a group?
I registered over at FitDay.com and doing my reality check of daily carb consumption.
Anyone game?
I'm here!!!!
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 14:01

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I have the power (by that I mean the Moderator tools ) necessary to change the name of this thread to Lesbian & Gay or Gay & Lesbian or whatever, if y'all wish. Just say the word(s)...or send me a PM... Or maybe it would be better to just start a new thread with the name of your choice. Whichever you decide, this is the right area of the forum in which to post!

xoDonald

Last edited by DWRolfe : Sun, Nov-09-03 at 19:00.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 07:44

BF:

Good Morning! Thanks for the comments Emily! I am really excited about trying out BFL. And welcome to the thread pilot, glad to see more folks on this thread! Well, I fell off the wagon on Sunday and again yesterday... but once again have climbed back up and I'm on induction again. Pilot, I'm willing to do a weight loss countdown until NYE and then we'll just start up another one after that! What is it that you want to do?

Oh yeah, one more thing, maybe if we start a "main" thread we should do a "GLBT" name. Let me know and I or someone else can contact DW and let him know that we're ready.

Have a great day!
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 20:27
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

I don't belong here, orientation-wise, but I'm friendly....and I thought I would point out that if you really were contemplating the name GLBT, someone's likely to stop in and ask for the recipe for the sandwich.

All best wishes,

Kay
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 05:47
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeel
I don't belong here, orientation-wise, but I'm friendly....and I thought I would point out that if you really were contemplating the name GLBT, someone's likely to stop in and ask for the recipe for the sandwich.

Oh, the places I could go with that idea....

Emily
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 07:12

BF:

HA HA Tholian! The sandwich... Ok.