Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 00:14
Registered Member

Plan: Aitken/pp
Stats: 204/200/166 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hey you all just a warning. Do you still feel bloated and sluggish ? (y) (n)
If no then watch out if you add bread even a little.
I call all of those things "white devils". It apears that many of us unknowingly are intolerant to most grains. Hence bloated and sluggish. So if you have something made from grains and you suddenly bloat it is a sign that you should not have it ever again.
Just wanted to share as I found this myself.
Have a great weekend
PS did you find the egyptina pita breads ?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 00:36

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 268.4/207.9/154 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 53%

no I looked in my coles and wollies just today and went through all the carbs and types and alas could not find them,, (people must have thought I was going mad, practically sitting on the floor as its the lowest shelf in the whole store and reading all of the packets,,lol) oh well,,,the things we do for low carb products,,, maybe cheley will have more luck in finding some for the both of us,,, but I did find a great substitute for tacos,,, CHANGS brand ``poppadums`` I got them at my local wollies here today (I got the chilli flavour) 1.7 carb grams (fried)(microwaved is 2.1 carbs) each,,, (like $1.50 a packet too so very cheap) and I am going to have mine loaded with spicy mince and salad,,,,,,, or maybe even as a substitute for a pizza base,,,hmmm the list is endless!! ok,,well good luck all......... bye
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 21:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217.8/190.9/154 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress: 42%

Rach,
Ive had no luck finding the pitas either!!! But I have only been to Coles, I'll try Woolies next time I go up the street. The poppadums sound good too, have to get me some of those!!!!

Cheers Cheley
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 05:47

Plan: Atkins - modified
Stats: 280/253/160 Female 5'4"
BF:50+/44.4/25
Progress: 23%

I have been eating Country Life Country Grain Rye, for months. in fact put my last loaf in the freezer when I started induction.. planning to eat a little in weeks to come.. never seem to have any trouble getting it from my local Coles..
as per the label... per slice...Protein 4.5g Fat 1.1g Carbohydrate 9.9g, (sugars 1.9g) dietary fibre 2.9g - making it net 7g per slice....
No wheat flour, no dairy, no added sugar, high fibre, reduced salt, made from sour dough....
Tastes good... even got my hubby eating it...
They have website - just found it on the wrapper.... but haven't looked at it.. www.countrylifebakery.com.au
Was reading an article somewhere? lol? that said Burgen Soy-Lin was the lowest carb bread available ... haven't checked it out, but might be worth looking at..

Pam.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 06:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/194/176 Male 170 cm
BF:
Progress: 71%

To jordy05,

Damn girl, if I was 30 years younger I would take you up on that offer..
Actually,your lucky your a 1000km from here, I'm feeling so good on this LC lifestyle that I am feeling positively dangerous...

Take care .....John.....
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 00:46

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 268.4/207.9/154 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 53%

when I said free bed I ment as in YOUR OWN room in my house,,,,lol,, i just re read my old wanted post and thought it sounded a bit ``come on`` ,,,,as for the positively dangerous,,,, sign me up ,,, I too feel great ...... best of luck,, you need to get a journal john , I started one and they are fun,,, come visit me and say hi! bye for now,,,, good luck all,,,, see ya john!