Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-01, 08:07
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile hitting the road shortly ...

Looking forward to meeting everybody tomorrow! Sounds as though the weather will co-operate too.

Anybody else who's interested to join .... or if anyone cannot make it, please post here by early Sunday ... so we can advise the restaurant.

Take care, and see you all there,

Doreen
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-01, 08:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/155/145
BF:
Progress:

Looks like I'm not going to make it for Lunch tomorrow.

have a great time.

Don't forget to tell us all about it.
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-01, 08:33
Forum Founder

BF:
Unhappy too bad kathy

Maybe an Ottawa get-together needs to be organized .. .. there are a few members from the area.

I'm driving from Kingston .. if you could have found a way down here ... but I'm also going up today, to visit friends, before the lunch tomorrow.

Hope you have a good lowcarbing weekend, and enjoy the beautiful weather.

Doreen
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-01, 08:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default It's late but can I come for lunch?

Have been away and just found that this lunch was on. Please can I come? I live close to the restaurant, so I will turn up but won't be upset if there's no space.

BarB
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-01, 08:34
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

BarB,

Doreen and others are driving for a few hours, and may not have access to the internet to respond.

So on their behalf, I'd say yes, come on over and join them, by all means! And tell them Wa'il sent ya!!

Wa'il
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-01, 10:31

Plan: protein power
Stats: 288/254/180
BF:
Progress:
Default working

Unfortunately, I am working until the late afternoon and am unable to attend. I hope that everyone has a GREAT time. I am looking forward to the next get together. I can plan (take the day off) for future events.
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-01, 13:16
Registered Member

Stats: 255/215/180 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 53%
Unhappy

I guess I discovered these forums too late. I just joined today.
I live in downtown and would have loved to have met others that follow a LC WOE.

I'll have to wait until the next one....

Chris
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-01, 13:49
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Too bad Chris! If you get on a plane right now, you can be here in time for the Vancouver party!

If you can't make it, why don't you go over to the Introduction forum and tell us a bit about yourself...

Karen
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-01, 15:56

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default Thank you tamarian - a great afternoon!

Thank you for the early reply - I did go and am happy to report that I had both a very good LC lunch AND the pleasure of meeting several of the posters here. it was a small but select group: DoreenT and sharon (with husband) each drove for several hours to get here. Sylvie P and debbiedobson and jomil (who I now know is a very nice man (before I thought that jomil was a girl!) arrived from the Toronto area.

It was like meeting old friends as I've read so many of their posts. And we talked for several hours. Mostly about LC and food but such a pleasure to get to know them and hear about so many things.

It's a thing well worth doing again. Have a happy time in Vancouver tonight!

BarB
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-01, 17:09

Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Lunch

Hi everybody, made it back to Owen Sound this evening.....whow is it ever hot here.....much hotter than Toronto, which is hard to believe.

Like Barb said, it was a great lunch and a pleasure to meet everyone in person.

"Doreen you're even more beautiful in person than online. (She's so wonderful online it's hard to imagine it gets better). What a treat to meet someone so caring. Debbie, you're gorgeous too....you have a smile that would make anyone's day!!! Barb, it was so nice that you decided at the last moment to join us, I love people who are spontaneous. I hope we hear and see lots more from you on the forum. Joe, thank you for being there too...I'm sure Dennis enjoyed your company also (I noticed both you guys had a hard time keeping your eyes off the leopard skinned waitress, but I'm not sure if you were able to convince her to start low carbing!!) Keep those recipe ideas coming, I love them. Sylvie, I'm holding you to your promise of coming to Owen Sound to visit".

The restaurant and the company were perfect....what a wonderful day!!!! The time went so fast we didn't get near talked out!

To the folks who missed lunch today....we'll catch you next time!!

Last edited by Sharon : Sun, Jul-22-01 at 17:48.
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-01, 05:42
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Toronto dinner

I'm dying to hear how the dinner in T.O. went Sunday. I've been lurking here for months and fell like I know you all! A 4 hour drive for me though so I didn't make it. oops, I see you guys just posted Never mind then

Last edited by Janjan : Mon, Jul-23-01 at 05:48.
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-01, 08:30

Plan: modified Dr. A
Stats: 214.5/214.5/150 Male 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool

What a pleasure it was to meet all you wonderful LCarbers at the first Ontario get together in Scarborough on Sunday, July 22nd. Doreen, Debbie, Sharon & Dennis, and Barb.

Doreen, the Greek Odyssey was an excellent choice. I enjoyed my lamb plate very much. It was a great idea to advise the restaurant to substitute veggies, salad and cheese for rice, potatoes and bread. The Coffee was excellent and I was reluctant to leave at 3 PM, but I realized that some of you had to travel a long distance to get home.

I hope that the next get together will not be too long forthcoming.

I learned quite a lot about LC WOL from each of the attendees.

When we all arrived at 1 PM everybody was a little reserved, but when we left, it has all 'hugs and kisses'.

I am looking forward to seeing the digital photos that was taken with Doreen's camera on the Forum, and also copies of recipes that were exchanged. (Sharon you forget to bring your baking recipes.)

Regards to all
Joe

P.S. Although I was glad to see Dennis there, I would have had all the lovely ladies to myself if Sharon had not brought him.
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-01, 09:01

Stats: 245/245/145
BF:

I have a confession. Yesterday at noon when I called the restaurant to make sure the lunch was still on, I told my mom I had to go out and babysit my son for a bit. She innocently asked me where I was going and I kind of stammered about having to meet some people and it weird saying that I met them on an internet site. For a split second (and I mean split second) I almost changed my mind because I was nervous and didn't know what to expect. But I can honestly say what a pleasure it was to meet some of my fellow lowcarbers yesterday. I really enjoyed myself and can't wait for the next get together.

Doreen, Debbie and Sharon - it was great to finally meet you after all these months and reading all your posts and great advise and feedback that you give out.

Barb and Joe - I'm looking forward to hearing and reading more from you.

And yes, Sharon I will try my best to get my butt up to Owen Sound. It's only been about 3 years overdue for me - my cousin is already ticked off at me and I don't want to tick you off either.

Can't wait to see the pictures.

Cheers!
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-01, 11:49

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:

i had a blast!! what a fun afternoon it was indeed! it was great being able to finally put faces to the names! the food was terrific and so was the service! i can't wait to do it again! thanks doreen for all your preparation for the event. thank-you doreen and sharon for driving all that way! i really enjoyed meeting everyone! {{{{{{{group hug}}}}}}}!
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-01, 22:26
Forum Founder

BF:

I just wanted to say how wonderful it was to meet everybody, and now when I read your posts, I'll remember ...

Debbie, that big smile just lit up the dining room. Sharon & Dennis, thankyou for sharing your appetizer .. .. Joe, you're right, it was good coffee. Sylvia, I'm so glad you didn't chicken out at the last minute, and BarB, I'm glad you decided at the last minute to jump in!!

As everyone has already stated, the meal was wonderful .. and no problem to leave off the potatoes, rice and bread, and add extra salad and steamed vegetables. The grilled quail and lamb was delicious. There was lots of lowcarb discussion, and a little social chit-chat too. As well, the seed has been planted for another get-together .. keep your eyes on this forum folks...

Anyway, here's a picture of the group ..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toronto group.jpg (72.4 KB, 157 views)