Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-01, 12:37

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

A salutary warning, well taken. Thanks. Incidentally my home town was Guildford, so I originated in your area, but we moved to East Anglia about 3 years ago.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-01, 14:17
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Fiona

Does the Tesco in your town deliver? You can shop online. It's worth the fiver if you get heaps of stuff--especially heavy things. As well, if you email Tesco, they will send you a list of foods "low in sugar" (i.e. all meats, dairy, etc) which also has carb counts! So this gets around the problem of not being able to read labels in the shop.

Hope this helps.

Karen
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-01, 10:44

BF:

Fiona,

Stop Press - My local branch of Tesco is selling a set of 3 Teflon-coated frying pans for £10.00, special offer while stocks last.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-01, 00:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Exclamation oh noooooo Andy!

Andy dear

Fiona is a collectomaniac and just plain maniac where BARGAINS are concerned. It is very kind of you but information like that is guaranteed to get me on the bus to Tesco's regardless of the fact that my kitchen cupboards are spilling over into my sitting and bed rooms with pots and pans and kitchen gadgets collected during such bargain hunts.

By the way do you ever have any problems with this site in the evenings? Some evenings (yesterday was one such) it is so slowww.

Last edited by fiona : Tue, Aug-07-01 at 13:31.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-01, 19:11

BF:

Whoops! But solution easy - don't go this time. Yes, sometimes experience slow reactions, thought it was my equipment. Usually clear out all temporary internet files, cookies and Temp files, which usually recovers about 6.5 MB of memory, then defragment C drive. By the next evening, things working more quickly and smoothly. Didn't realise my "remedies" were nothing to do with improved performance next day. Will take more notice in future, and post up times when I experience sluggishness.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-01, 19:33
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default Slow connection

If you continute to experience a slow connection, please do the following:

1. Open a DOS window (or the equivilant tool in your system), and type:

tracert forum.lowcarber.org

2. Email me the results. You may post the result in the comments box, but for most be people this is not advisable, since it will reveal your IP address to the public.

This will help me determine if the problem is related to our website/server, or to your ISP, or possibly to cross-pond net congestion.

Wa'il
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-01, 23:31

BF:
Default Will do Wa'il

Will do Wa'il. I don't do anything. It gets better by itself - usually the next morning.

I'm glad I mentioned it Andy. It would be helpful to find out why.

BTW would you be interested/able to come to the UK Get-Together next month Andy? I thought of the drive back for you when I put 4pm as the time.

Take care.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-01, 19:11

BF:

Wa'il - Not sure how to open a DOS Window. I do know some basic DOS commands, but usually operate in Windows 98 now. Will try to oblige. I think Fiona and I tend to use this site at different times, so your results would be interesting.

Fiona - I am not optimistic about being able to attend a meeting. I wasn't ignoring you - just did not see the post about it. Will contact you privately.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-01, 23:47

BF:

Andy It's okay ... just putting out feelers. I reckoned people needed time to check their diaries and commitments.

I had noticed about us using the site at different times. I am one of those people for whom an hour's sleep before midnight is worth three after and you seem to do a lot of your posting after 2am! LOL

Take care.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Aug-09-01, 16:46

BF:

Bad management of time on my part, something (else) I have to work at.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 00:35

BF:
Thumbs up Tesco - Frying Pan Set

Went to Tesco yesterday. I saw that Frying Pan Set and was VERY tempted but walked swiftly away from it and distracted myself with some celery at only 34p - I usually pay nearer to £1 for it ! LOL

Discipline and control getting better eh?
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 08:39

BF:

I'm impressed - you faced temptation and turned away from it. Not easy. Progress indeed.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-01, 00:34

BF:
Wink Missed it first time

{Andy: My local branch of Tesco is selling a set of 3 Teflon-coated frying pans for £10.00, special offer while stocks last}

I just noticed your original message again. Well the set of 3 Teflon-coated pans (I'm sure its the same ones) was only £4.99 in the Tesco I went to ... unless the price has gone down still further since you posted your message?

Not that this has ANYTHING to do with LCing . LOL.

Take care
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-01, 18:29

BF:

Ouch! We bought a set at £10.00. Still good value though. Nothing to do with LC diets? What do you fry your Bacon and Eggs in? It's at least as relevant as PMS is to my journal! LOL.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-01, 00:16

BF:
Smile ROFL

Hi Andy

{Still good value though} It is indeed. Moral - next time wait a few weeks and see what happens. Who knows if I go back in another month it might be down to £2.50 - then I certainly wouldn't be able to walk past ! LOL

{What do you fry your Bacon and Eggs in} Surprisingly I found a new use for my "Tavva". I find it's much better and easier than a frying pan. U r right of course - totally relevant.

Take care.