Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Oct-21-01, 09:48

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 188.4/188.4/132 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hello Wa'il.

Thanks a lot for all your effort, this is a great site. You mentioned, that there was already a couple of lists and forums. I am subscribed to some of them, but this one is the friendliest and most helpful of the lot. Some of the other lists are not for the faint hearted (alt.support.diet.low-carb being a good example).
I also like the way the web-site is set up. It is user friendly, and even newbies have no problem with it.

great work

Sabine
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 22:11

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 230/218/170
BF:
Progress: 20%
Cool THANK YOU

Thank you Wa'il for a perfectly wonderful site. It's so user-friendly and packed with great information to help us on this WOL. Thanks to Karen, Doreen, Rachel and Sharon, too! You've each taught and encouraged so many people.

It's amazing that the site is only 14 months old, a tribute to your hard work, Wa'il.

Does it help to finance 'our' site if we click on the advertisements?
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 22:58

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Wa'il....firstly. Thank you so much for creating the site....and thanks to all of co-conspirators!!

It was great to read the little history of the site. I've been curious about it since I'm a recent grad of a Cap College IT course and I was curious about the back end. I'm not sure why but I'm on a Mac and I can't use lots of the bells and whistles and I haven't tried to nail down a reason yet.

I really appreciate that this forum is here. I was at my wits end with my LC experience and even my doc was ready to have me give up. But I found this site and found inspiration and the will to carry on.

Again....thanks!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 23:14
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default Re: THANK YOU

Quote:
Originally posted by Ka3n
Does it help to finance 'our' site if we click on the advertisements?

Not sure if it would. Best thing to do, I think, is only click on what interests you. I don't like to post signs like "help our site" or "visit our sponsor" etc.

Thanks for the thought.

Wa'il
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 23:21
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
I've been curious about it since I'm a recent grad of a Cap College IT course and I was curious about the back end.

Congrats! Our back end is Linux 6.2 server and MySQL database, and most scripts are PHP, with some Perl.

Quote:
I'm not sure why but I'm on a Mac and I can't use lots of the bells and whistles and I haven't tried to nail down a reason yet.

I can't think of any reason for this. I can access everything from my Linux box, just like from my PC with no problems. Let me know if you still have problems, as I'd be disappointed if it turns out we're Mac-challenged.

Wa'il
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 23:53

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Wa'il...
I went and looked and discovered that everything runs fine in Netscape 4.73, but IE 5 pops up a JScript runtime error when I try to post.

So......it's not my beloved G4.

Marlaine
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-01, 06:16

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 210/201/130 Female 5ft.2in.
BF:
Progress: 11%

I'm a newcomer (only two weeks) and I really want to thank you guys. The advice, the recipes, the simple kindness and friendliness in your replies provide first-class support for all of us.

Goldie
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 23:23
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I think it's good to revive this thread every so often so newcomers can get a glimpse of the Forum's history.

Karen
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 23:31

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thanks to Karen for bumping this up. I hadn't seen this thread before.

I discovered the site from something posted on alt.support.diet.low-carb (to which I've never posted, but which I would turn to every time I restarted lowcarbing ) -- the Banting Diet. I was reluctant to post at first because I didn't want to "trespass" on a Canadian site. (We Americans have this odd reputation for being pushy ) Then I noticed there were people from all over, and no one seemed to be shooting foreigners.

It's good to know the history, and I can only echo the praise. It's a lovely site, with kind and helpful people and oodles of information.

My sincere thanks to all of you.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 23:47
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile

hi alto,

Actually, the thanks go to all of "you", the members who join and are helped and who choose to turn that around and help others.

Every blessing and every success to you, and to all who read this and are inspired.

Doreen
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 00:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 56%
Thumbs up Wa'il, Karen, Doreen, Rachel, Sharon

I too check in daily for inspirational advice, wisdom, a good laugh and a boot in the butt to get off the couch and exercise. LOL
With all the energy and professional advice here at the board, I thought you guys were here for years! Wow it's amazing with all your knowledge and your friendliness!
However, the most favorable part I like about this forum is that we have space to post our photos by our stats, as well, I love those Smilies!!!!!

I’ll be a member for life, thanks for all you have done to help me reach my goal!

btw......I'm curious on how many people reached goal while being a member here for 14 months? Do you keep track of that?

*<{:-{)
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 00:59

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 244/224/130 Female 5' 3" (should be 6'3")LOL
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Thanks Everyone.

I cannot thank you enough for this site. It is very comforting to know that I can enter this site ask for advise and ALWAYS get a reply without criticism or fear. This site is always loaded with helpful hints and some good laughs. I look forward to checking in each day. Great job guys. Thanks.
Shell.
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 10:01

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%
Default Most Neede Support

Before coming to this site, I never thought I would ever get the support and help I needed to lose my weight. You are all "angels among us", helping us understand more, learn more and conquer are weight issues and addictions. This is the kind of support I have been looking for my whole life.

Thank you
Cindy

PS, did I mention I am addicted to this site???????

Last edited by wangeci : Wed, Dec-12-01 at 11:11.
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 10:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/178.2/140
BF:
Progress: 24%

Just stopped in to see what the forum was about, happy LCing all

Last edited by kyfaithly : Wed, Dec-12-01 at 10:20.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 16:10

Plan: Predominantly Atkins
Stats: 320/260/145
BF:
Progress: 34%

Wa'il,
As you posted on this thread so long ago, I'm actually very grateful to that "squatter" for taking your first name. Otherwise, I might have thought it was only a site for Canadians and passed it over.

As it is, I'm SO glad you've made it available for all of us down under (under you, at least on the map ). If I'd had this site before, I might not have gone off LC-ing in the first place. As it was, I had no support.

This site is wonderful, and I appreciate all the hosts, moderators, mentors, and the like - and I just appreciate being able to share knowledge and ideas without getting our heads bitten off.

I've been on a lot of forums, and it doesn't ever seem to fail that they can turn into horrid, bickering places (and I'm talking about the religious ones, too! Or maybe especially). I've only seen one thread since I've been here in the last month that even showed hard disagreement, and it wasn't even ugly. Wow.

Maybe this should be given an award for "most peaceful forum on the web." Nah - then the nasties would show up and try to ruin it all

Just wanted to let you know I do truly appreciate what I've found here. What a wealth of information! I haven't even been able to get through it.

Sh'ra