Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 20:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/245/150 Female 5'8"
BF:A Little LESS!
Progress: 14%
Default Switching to Sugar Busters

I tried Atkins, I really did. but it was just too strict for me. I did well on Induction, but as soon as I tried to move on to some kind of "normal" way of eating (WOL), my weight loss stopped and began to creep back on. I know Induction is not a healthy way to eat long-term, and I have given it several tries.
So, I have bought the book, and will read it over the next few days.
I am SOOO glad to find a Sugar Busters board here!!
Hopefully, we can all help each other through.Sounds like lots of people have recently made the switch
Good luck to us all!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 19:12

Plan: Sugar-Busters
Stats: 230/230/150
BF:
Progress: 0%

Look forward to talking to you. We are about the same age/weight. I grew up in Ft. Pierce, FL.
Was a surfer chick and loved fishing...spent all my time at the ocean. I remember weighing 130lb. and thinking I was fat.

I just started SB this Monday.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 05:01

Stats: 260/245/150 Female 5'8"
BF:A Little LESS!
Progress: 14%

Hi Luke,
I live in the north central part of Florida, about an hour NW of Gainesville. I lived most of my life in the Tampa/St Pete area, but moved here about 10 years ago to escape the crowds, crime, etc.
I love it here, but I have to say I sure miss the beach!
I just got the Sugar Busters book from the libray the other day, and have just about finished reading it. I think it will give me a lot more flexibility than Atkins did, and will work better for me as a "real life" WOE.
Maybe we can cheer each other on.
Have a good day!
Lesle
P.S. I laughed when you corrected your own grammar. I'm the same way..would have bothered me endlessly till i fixed it!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 17:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/185/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 27%

Luke...I'm from fort Pierce, FL.......
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 18:25

Plan: Sugar-Busters
Stats: 230/230/150
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Ft. Pierce

My favorite place to be, besides these beautiful mountains, is the south jetties.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 19:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/185/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 27%

going there tomorrow lol.....mountains are beautiful too
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 11:15

Plan: Atkins/South Beach/Sugar Busters
Stats: 153.5/147.5/140
BF:
Progress: 44%

Wow! Look at all the Floridians! : )

I'm in St. Pete/Tampa Bay area.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-03, 19:30

Stats: 158/142/120 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 42%

I am from Flagler Beach, sure are a lot of us here.

I am 2 weeks into Atkins Induction with no wt loss noticeable. I am now trying to not eat any onions or tomatoes to see if that helps. It is very frustrating not to lose, but I do have a thyroid condition that may be impeding me. I feel ok and I don’t really have cravings etc.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 15:45

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!

Hey...I'm switching too... Any newbies should check out the posts in the thread, "does anyone answer u on this board??" I listed a few helpful sites that have helped me to get familiar with the program.... Atkins and PP were just too limiting for me....trying to add some fruits that are low glycemic and whole wheat products... these sites were useful in helping me pick a few...
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 21:42

Plan: Atkins and Sugarbusters
Stats: 237/201.5/170 Female 64 inches
BF:Still not sure...
Progress: 53%
Talking Wow!!!

I love your cheatfree days counter.
How cute is that?
I see you are under the dreaded 200 mark. Good for you. I have been stuck at 206 for about 3 months, and I want to get under that number with my switch to Sugarbusters. I know I can do it- It seems so healthy to me!!!
I am doing well with my exercise, and I am reading the book now. It's kind of hard to reprogram from Atkins, so any helpful tips would be appreciated!
Thanks, and good luck to everyone!
fab Marta
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 10:47

Hey Fab Marta....

This site is the ticket...it will give you most of the information you need... http://www.prettyimpressivestuff.com/sugarbusters

I am very happy with switching... I also feel that this is a much healthier life style... I enjoy my cereal and fruit... Although since I just switched... I'm going slow on the high carbs.. Whole grain cereal for breakfast with soy milk... Trying to eat 5 meals a day...small ones... Two fruits a day.... small 5 carb servings though... I just had one meal which was a turkey roll...turkey, cream cheese, pickle, and 1/2 peach...

I notice that I do feel much fuller with the introduction of cereal and milk... Had some Kashi which had 6 grams of sugar and trying to use it up so I balance it with 1 cup of milk instead of 1/2 cup...also doing Insulin Resistance Diet... The theory there is that you can have the occasional high carb treat...but balance it out with protein...15 grams of carbs to 7 grams of protein...

I noticed the first day I tried the cereal with 1/2 cup of milk I had a small amount of jitters... Today I tried it with one cup of milk and no jitters...

Also, regarding the Cheat Free Icon...you can use it if you like... Yes I'm finally under the awful 200...countdown to 190 now... Marta...we can do this.... Let's keep this forum going....

Anyway, hope that you find the information you need on the web site...she did a terrific job...

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Thu, Aug-28-03 at 10:51.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 21:10

Talking Thanks Skee!

I'm trying ...very hard.
I've been stuck at this 206 for so long. I was really frustrated. Now I am doing a little better. I started SB FOR REAL today. I followed the 14 day plan in the book- went shoppng, had pretty good luck with it. I'll keep trying, but I really am going to stick with it for one month. If there is anything you want to pledge to do, I'll do the same for one whole month... I'm your buddy!!
Here's to 28 more cheat free days. You with me? I wanna get under that 200 mark...
Thanks!
FabMarta
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 22:31

Marta...I'm so frustrated I can't see... It is extremely difficult for me.... I'm drowning over here and don't know how to get back on track... Today I binged like crazy... I hadn't lost a pound since switching from Protein Powder 8 weeks ago.... Was really burnt out on meat and vegetables... Added some fiber and stayed the same until this cheat but I haven't gotten on the scale... I would say 5 pounds... Tried lower calories for 4 weeks and nothing... Then tried higher calories, around 1200 for 4 weeks and nothing...

I'm thinking about doing a strick South Beach kind of induction for 2 weeks... I've heard a lot of good things about their induction.... Perhaps that will get me going again... What do you think... Also, increasing my water levels again...

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Tue, Sep-02-03 at 22:34.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 11:37

Talking Hang in there girl.

You sound really frustrated. I cheated this last weekend, too. I had just had it. Back on plan 100% yesterday and today though.
Our buddy system will get us over this plateau.
I am just starting on Sugarbusters, and it seems to be going well...I think I will loose weight if I stick with it. Have you read this book? It is more like a diabetic diet- I think low carb and this combined is going to work really well...
I was reading your last post- is it true you are only eating 1200 calories a day? I thought we were supposed to stay around 10X your current weight. For you that would be about 1900-2000 calories. Is that correct? If so, your body might be in starvation mode. I bet it's really furstrating, because you have been so good!!! Eating so little and not loosing weight...
South beach has worked for some people, but it is a lot like Atkins, and if you're sick of meat, it might not be the best choice....
I'm here to support you. We're going to get through this. I'm going to get under 200, and you're going to get under 190. We can do this together!!!!!!!
I'm ready to set some goals and stick with them. I need to bring myself up to your level! (you go girl)
Let me know what I can do to help out- we'll get there!
fabmarta
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 12:02

Skee- I can't send you any personal messages, your box is full. Let me know if you can delete some of the pm's in there so I can send one out to you.
Thanks!
fm