Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 14:13
Run Spot, run!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/151/150 Female 67 inches
BF:32%/27ish%/21-25%
Progress: 94%
Default For me

Saturday - as I am generally away from Madeline on Saturdays I don't have to alter her schedule...plus, my last 10 credits commence on Monday. A day of rest might be nice.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 23:59

Stats: 185/166/135
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I'm in. I'm free either day on that weekend. Class is kicking my you know what... this ends up falling at the end my last week too. It will be nice to eat, drink & be merry! I eat & drink more regularly now, but the being merry part has been difficult lately. I'm looking forward to this! Yay!
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 11:16
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Oh... geez. You guys do what you have to do ok. Saturday is an afternoon thing with my cousins graduation so that would be out for me but hopefully even if I miss this one - we can do it again.

XOXO either way.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 15:25

Plan: LowCarb since 2/1/08
Stats: 312/312/175 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default New to this thread

I haven't been on my computer lately and look what I have missed! I am free on Sunday too and a lunch thing sounds fun. Are the antique places open on Sundays? I haven't been in old town and would also like to see that. I might be able to bring my DH too. Sound like fun and would love to meet you guys. I am kind of shy, but I love to talk about doing low carb living.

Lori
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 20:08

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 185/180/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Inquiring Minds Want To Know

Oh Renee??????
Do we have a decision as to day and time yet? Can we all just show up on YOUR doorstep Friday night and stay as long as we want?????? LOL
Just kidding of course. Toss the days in a hat and just pick one out. Grab a Farmer's Almanac and select the most promising weather day. We can always do this again and catch up with those of us who maybe cannot make the first gathering. We seem to all be close enough together that possibly another gathering at the end of summer or early Fall would work too. Maybe Lisa and I could host that one here in Williamsburg!

Waiting patiently........
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 14:02

Plan: OFP
Stats: 150/128/125 Female 5'3 3/4"
BF:30%?/19.6%/20%
Progress: 88%
Default Decisions, decisions !! SAT. 6/28/2003

SATURDAY, SATURDAY, SATURDAY. JUNE 28, 2003

It has been really hard to come up with a decision, because choosing a day means somebody won't make it.

Very awkward and difficult situation to be in. But I am the one who put myself in this situation...so I just have to be a grown-up and do what has to be done.

LisaK, if you truly can't come on Saturday (and I have been out of touch these last few days) I am really disappointed, as I am sure others are too!! But, I had to pick a day and SATURDAY (just call me obnoxious) is it.

I need some help passing the word to others here who might not be checking in...Krista?

We will meet at 11:00ish at Buffalo Moes on Sophia Street in downtown Fredericksburg....then possibley move to Brocks (near the train station) if the weather is threatening or if the food at Buffalo Moes is too unappetizing

Again, Buffalo Moes is a very casual, outdoor (partially covered) gathering place with a collegy/biker/youngish theme. This is a drinking establishment as best I can tell, with wings etc. on the menu. Dress accordingly.

Brocks is an indoor rest. with a deck in the *bar* area. Outdoors is casual-ish. Indoors is more dressy.

Both establishments overlook the Rappahannock River

Will post some links in my next post...as I am afraid this one will be eaten if I make it any longer

Last edited by Kayakker : Tue, Jun-17-03 at 14:58.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 14:09

Default Links for SATURDAY 6/28/2003

BROCKS RIVERSIDE GRILL

Other Downtown Treasures (Dining, coffee, etc.)

Yes, we can walk around, yes there are lots of kewl places to stroll to...

Free Parking : on each side of Buffalo Moes there are public lots. I suggest using them. Buffalo Moes itself has a small lot, but one can get blocked in there....I recommend the public lots.

Facing the restaurant, one lot is on the left, adjacent to the volley ball sand pit, one is to the right on the other side of the Brick bldg. that is a Lodge (Eagle, Elk, or some such fraternal organization).

DIRECTIONS/MAP

503 Sophia St. Fredericksburg VA is the address for Brocks (which was readily available on the internet, Buffalo Moe's was not, but they are literally less than a block from one another....)

Last edited by Kayakker : Tue, Jun-17-03 at 15:16.
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 14:14
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Sorry all but you better have another one for me to come to!!

XOXO I will be jealous but happy for you guys.
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 14:52
Golden Greek Girl

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 207/200/185 Female 5'8
BF:?????
Progress: 32%

Kayakker, if you mean Saturday as in this Saturday then I am sorry, no, I can't make it. The house in Cape May's grass is almost as tall as I am. I thought this was in July! I have already taken off Friday so we can leave Thursday night to go. Oh pooh, I never even knew the day was in June. BUT, I hope you guys have a good time and take lots of pics to share with us. Or we can all meet at my house in Cape May and do gardening and grass cutting. Then it prolly won't take me all weekend to do it! I will miss you guys, have fun. Sorry again!
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 19:28

BF:

Disappointed that Amber and Lisa K can't make it this time. I vote to let them pick date and place for the next "gathering".

We promise to take pics to post. Bringing digital camera.
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 13:28

Quote:
I vote to let them pick date and place for the next "gathering".

Good idea. It was a fantasy to think we could get *all* of us in one place at the same time

Oh, well. All you can do is try....

Are the links going to be helpful? Need more info? LisaP suggested a roll call...I did post in everyone's journals who had expressed interest.

Just waiting to hear back...
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 13:30
Run Spot, run!

Stats: 168/151/150 Female 67 inches
BF:32%/27ish%/21-25%
Progress: 94%
Talking

All those that will be at 503 Sophia St. Fredericksburg VA on June 28th, sound off!

Me!
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 13:55

BF:

MOI !!
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 15:16

BF:

Got a minute free from management... I'm still at work...

But Yesh - I will be there! I've got it logged on my calander for the 28th, so not this Sat coming, but the following. Printed out directions & everything.

Yeah, will definately have to do another one for those who can't make it.
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 22:39

BF:
Question

I think this was asked b4, but just curious if anybody is bringing friend's or significant others along?? My BF is showing some interest in tagging along to down some wings, if that is the case. Won't do it otherwise, he'll prolly feel funny... he's not LC'ing, he's one of those guys that can eat anything and not gain an ounce, "Aaaah, darn him!!"