Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-03, 12:50

Plan: CAD with a few modificati
Stats: 193/141/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

I think I can go for a challenge, but one of the reasons I weigh myself everyday is to make sure that I am doing things the right way. My fear is that I will be screwing up during the whole process and by not weighing myself daily and then finally weighing in only to find that I have not lost anything or have gained weight back. It's pretty scary that doggone scale!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 16:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/199/170 Female 68 in
BF:
Progress: -7%

I am in need of a good spanking. I stepped on the scale (facing forward) on Sunday. I know I shouldn't have! I was out of control. BUT no more - not until May 11.

This is hard!
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 17:04

Stats: 244/165/150 Female 5'5"
BF:It is scary!
Progress: 84%

I feel ya Tracy, I too am have a hard time especially since I think I have lost but I just keep thinking of what a wonderful mothers day gift it will be to see all the weight I have lost!!!Good Luck!!
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 17:41

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

<--begin tangent--->

I'm sorry to get away from the challenge, but had to share about my last doctor's visit. About six weeks ago, I finally had a tubal ligation done and had a followup appointment for a month later.

Well, the day comes and I get a phone call because my appointment was the day after the ice storm hit upstate NY and everyone was without power. They cancelled. Darn! I was looking forward to them noticing that I had lost about 15 lbs during that month...lol. Okay...no problem...they have rescheduled.

For probably the first time in my life I'm looking forward to going to the ob/gyn and getting weighed <chuckle>. I go to the appointment and the nurse.......walks right past the scale and into the room. Turns out this was also the first time in my life they did not need to know how much I weighed...lol. Arrrggghhhh! Anyway...I didn't get to show off my weight loss, but the doctor did mention that he needed to see me back in December. Immediately I started plotting in my mind how much weight I could lose by then...heehee.

The thing is...I asked this doctor back in December what he would recommend for weight reduction, etc. He told me low fat with lots of exercise. I'm dying to point out how much better low carb works than low fat

Now...back to your regularly schedule program.

<---end tangent--->

L
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 18:09
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

____________________________________________________For probably the first time in my life I'm looking forward to going to the ob/gyn and getting weighed

I am worse that you, I avoid going to the doctors all together, unless I am on my death bed, because I don't want them weighing me in! I have to agree with my husband that once I get to 160's I would go for a complete checkup.

And now I must confess, I fell of the wagon, and landed right on the scale one day I couldn't help it, it was calling my name, promissing me all sorts of good things!

But after the short bump I through myself back on the wagon again! And just in time, TOM is coming around the corner. If there was ever a time to keep my a$$ off the scale it is now!
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 18:22
Registered Member

Stats: 311/291/160
BF:
Progress: 13%
Smile Can I still get in on this??

I am a habitual weigher. Sometimes I weigh twice a day. I am in hopes that I can still get in on the challenge. I know it wouldn't be as long of a journey for me as for some of you who started in the beginning...but it would still be a journey....so if you don't mind I would love to join in. I will have my partner put the scale away until Mother's day!!!!

How exciting!!!!
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 18:23

Stats: 168/154/135
BF:
Progress: 42%

Glad to hear I am not the only one finding this difficult! You see, I have this mronign routine... I bumble into the bathroom, go pee, get on the scale, then hop in the shower. It is so hard to skip that one step! Every morning I am like... should I? So far I have been able to tell myself no, but we are still 12 days away! I hope I can hang in.

And, LOL whyspers - doesn't that just figure? I think I would have said - Hey! Wait a minute, don't you want to weigh me???
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 18:42
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Jump on the wagon WatchMe, everyone is welcomed. Even if you only manage to break the scale habbit for a week, that is A major step!
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 18:47
Registered Member

Stats: 245/209/130
BF:
Progress: 31%

This is tuff. I haven't wieghed, but boy it is scary. I'm affraid I'll step on the scale May 11 and have gained. If I do, that will only reinforce the weigh daily habit.

I will try my hardest to stick to the challenge.
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 18:54

Plan: Atkins Maintence with modifications
Stats: 182/150/150 Female 5ft 8 in
BF:36%/23%/22%
Progress: 100%

I think this is a great idea. I am addicted to the scale and need to stop weighing myself for awhile. I am in!
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 20:11
Registered Member

Stats: 148/?/130
BF:
Progress: 11%

I have been pretty obsessed with scale last few days too. I had to keep reminding myself that my clothes fit better even tho there isn't much loss. (9th day of Induction.
I begin a 2 week vacation Friday 4/2 and will cling to my Atkins Book for dear life.
Probably will not even see a scale until my return late Mother's Day night. so I guess I am in the challenge too. EEEEEEK!

(think they'll get rid of the scale at Curves for me?)

#42   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 11:00
Registered Member

Stats: 205/185/145
BF:
Progress: 33%

I failed :-( I stepped on a scale - I don't even own a scale but was at my mother's and saw theirs and decided to see how much it was.

Well - I'm officially on day 10 - though 2 days before I really started I cut out my pop / caffeine only. I've lost 13 lbs - is this healthy? Now I'm nervous - people at work are warning me about losing to fast but I feel great - more energy and am even wearing makeup and clothes I haven't worn in ages. I find it difficult to even eat the 20g carbs a day now - though I do eat enough to feel comfortable.
  #43   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 11:48
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Kittana,

Congradulations on the loss!!! And there is nothing wronge with you losing 13pounds in the 10 days. You will lose fast on induction! Keep in mind water came off with some of that fat!

You will slow down soon enough Would love to keep losing at the same speed of induction! You feel great, that is what matters. Listen to your own body and not other people. Sadly a lot of people out there are against (strongly against) Atkin's diet. It goes against everything we were ever taught!

Nothing for us to do but show them we are right, leading by example! I know personally that those who were so against it are now taking a closer look as I get smaller

And on the scale note, it is KILLING ME not to step on it tomorrow! I always mark my offical weight on Friday! Then I am also afaird, what if I get on it and it bearly does anything

Oh the pain, the pain Will Robertson!
  #44   ^
Old Sat, May-03-03, 05:15
Registered Member

Stats: 245/209/130
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hi everybody,

Hang in there everyone, we only have 8 days left. We can do it. It will really be great to see what the eleventh's numbers will be.

I have really been temped to step on the scale. I feel lighter and a skirt that didn't fit three weeks ago I can zip it up.

That's what makes it hard not to weigh, when you think you have lost and can't check to see how much. gurhhhh!
  #45   ^
Old Sat, May-03-03, 07:22
Registered Member

Stats: 279/183.5/155 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 77%
Smile just a quick thought

i just have a quick comment on why the Dr needs to have current weights for you. i am a nurse and do triage for an internal medicine office...the one thing i always end up complaining about at meetings, is that i do not have current weights available to me for assisting in assessing patients. (unfortunately, my office isn't nearly obsessed with taking weights) the weights make a big difference when a patient calls and says that they have had a stomach problem and have not eaten for say, 2 weeks. having a weight to compare to helps a lot. it also helps when someone suddenly starts retaining fluid, as in congestive heart failure. the patient doesn't have to try and guess how much they have gained or lost...we have an accurate number to go by.
i agree that two times in a week is a little excessive, but i just thought i would let you know what some of the reasoning behind it may be.
~kelley~