Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-01, 11:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/140/112
BF:
Progress: 15%

Ooops, sorry to miss the obvious—and I know better!

The seal lynz mitted male out of Tiggie and Dakota: he loves me. He wants to come live with me. I can tell.

Great job on breeding gorgeous ragdolls! Good site, too. You certainly got it together!

Clyde is exquisite in the front photo!

MEOOWWWWR!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Oct-24-01, 12:02
Registered Member

Stats: 257/237/150
BF:
Progress: 19%

name- Shondel
age----24
occup--Wife, mom, & Office Manager
sex-----female
married-3.5 years
children-a daughter that I love Autumn
pets----2 cats named Sky & Skittles and a Bullmastiff named Nala
diet---dr. atkins
how long on diet--Sept 2001
weight loss--21 pounds
favorite foods--Steak and lots of it
favorite food i cannot do with-out is-- Diet Rite
exercise---Jazz Dance and taking walks to the park with my Daughter

if i could get paid for something i really like to do it would be makeing blankets for people in the hospital that have cancer or a termanal illness but I will do it for free since I enjoy it so much.

my favorite person i would like to meet i think it would be all of the fire fighters and police officer's that helped with the WTC attacks that risked there lifes.

I live in Sacramento California and have lived here for one year. Before that I lived in Southern California on the Desert. It is amazing where the military will take my Husband and I next on our quest for his military career.

Shondel
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Oct-24-01, 12:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/230/180
BF:
Progress:
Default newbie

name---M.J.L.
age-----27
sex-----male
...I am new, and just wanted some support on losing weight. I was successful once using the atkins diet, but relapsed all the way back. It was not the fault of the diet, just all out reckless eating habits by myself.
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Oct-24-01, 12:35
Registered Member

Plan: dr atkins
Stats: 194/189/154
BF:
Progress:

welcome shonna and mjl,
MJL YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE IF YOU CANT GET HELP HERE YOU WONT GET HELP ANYWHERE,THIS SITE IS GREAT IVE ONLY BEEN ON THE DIET FOR 10 DAYS BUT MET ALOT OF NICE PEOPLE WHO ARE MOSTLY IN THE SAME BOAT AND HAVE GOT GREAT ADVICE.
WELCOME WELCOME
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-01, 00:04
Registered Member

Stats: 278/221/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Cool Me Too!

* I'm Debbie, a female, 44 on my last B-day
* LC Start date: October 15, 01
* Married for 12 years (second husband)
* From Tustin, CA
* Occupation: PT Bookkeeper for chain of shoe stores and PT Free-lance bookkeeper
* Kids/Pets: Son 22, son 20 and a very smart and so-far non weight-challenged 12 year old daughter. Also an 18 month old Calico-tabby cat named Sadie.
* Current Low Carb status : Haven't weighed myself while on the induction, but already fitting into smaller clothes.

* Favourite low carb food: Steak with mushrooms
* Favourite non-low carb food: former life -- cookies & crackers
* Food/Drink you can't live without on Low carb: nothing yet.
* Favorite type of exercise: walking
* If you could be paid for the thing you most like to do what would it be? I would love to be a professional Party Planner.
* Person you'd most like to meet currently living: I'd have to go along with some of the others here and say I'd like to shake George Bush's hand, or a few of the NYFD or NYPD.
* What are you currently reading: The newest People Magazine
* What's your favourite movie: Dances with Wolves

This is such a wonderful board - I'm so glad I found it.
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-01, 15:25
Registered Member

Stats: 204.5/149/145
BF:
Progress: 93%

* Board name and real world name . . . Irish
* Age and SEX . . . 48/F * LC Start date; 7/21/01
* Married, single, other. . . married
* City, County /Hemisphere . . . Northern KY USA
* Occupation . . . #1 Admin Asst
* Kids, pets, pests . . . 2 dogs
* Current Low Carb status . . . losing

AND FOR FUN........

* Favourite low carb food . . . Mock Danish
* Favourite non-low carb food . . . hot fudge sundae
* Food you can't live without on Low carb . . . pork rinds (i wouldn't have made it this long w/o them * Favorite type of exercise . . . aerobics w/weights
* If you could be paid for the thing you most like to do what would it be? . . . working w/dogs at a animal shelter
* Person you'd most like to meet currently living . . . Michael Bolton
* What are you currently reading . . . re-reading Protein Power and DANDR
* What's your favourite movie . . . West Side Story
* Just anything else you'd like to share . . . I wish I didn't have to defend the way I have chosen to lost weight and my future WOL!
  #82   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-01, 16:17

Stats: 313/274/199
BF:
Progress: 34%

* Board name .........................................Echo real name - Kristen
* Age and SEX ........................................31 - Female
* LC Start date........................................sept. 2000
* Married, single, other;..........................single and looking!
* City, County /Hemisphere.....................Las vegas
* Occupation............................................Admin. Asst and Student
* Kids, pets, pests...............No kids, 2 cats - echo and sneakers
* Current Low Carb status.......................reinduction/atkins

AND FOR FUN........

* Favourite low carb food...........................wings with ranch

* Favourite non-low carb food.....................fettuccini

* Food you can't live without on Low carb...........eggs and cheese

* Favorite type of exercise...........................I hate it, but walking

* If you could be paid for the thing you most like to do what
would it be?...................................................Sing

* Person you'd most like to meet currently living.......Madonna

* What are you currently reading.........My psychology book for school

* What's your favourite movie..........I am a movie LOVER!! Its hard to pick just one!

* Just anything else you'd like to share.............
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-01, 10:47

Stats: 199/174/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

* Board name and real world name (if you care to share);
JenZ28, Jennifer Brown (doesn't get anymore plain jane than that..)
* Age and SEX (again "Yes Please" does not count here);
18 F
* LC Start date;
September 20th, 2001
* Married, single, other;
College student single
* City, County /Hemisphere
Boston, MA
* Occupation (# 1 MOM, # 1 secretary, # 1 boss, # 1 sofa surfer):
Student at Boston University, #1 procrastinator
* Kids, pets, pests;
None of the above... but my mom calls all the time, might qualify as a pest
* Current Low Carb status (ie losing, maintenance, would kill for a visit from the whoosh fairy);
losing, but would kill for a visit from the whoosh fairy, who wouldn't??

AND FOR FUN........

* Favourite low carb food; BACON
* Favourite non-low carb food; ice cream
* Food you can't live without on Low carb; Jello w/ whipped cream mmmmmmmmm, turned it into a nightly event with friends, so much for beer nights
* Favorite type of exercise; swimming, and the climber heheh
* If you could be paid for the thing you most like to do what would it be?; watch people
* Person you'd most like to meet currently living; Julia Roberts
* What are you currently reading; Buffalo Creek Disaster... for a class but it still counts
* What's your favourite movie; and .... hmmmmm thats tough, anything with Julia Roberts, The Princess Bride....
* Just anything else you'd like to share. This low carb thing is amazing. Everyone I mention it to says its the most horrible thing I could do to myself, I've decided my response is go read the book But it's great to know that I can now control my weight, I'll never have to buy bigger clothes again, and its fun to step on the scale (though it doesn't MOVE fast enough, but I have the rest of my life, I guess I shouldn't rush) But thats me
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-01, 02:53

Stats: 395/355/200
BF:
Progress: 21%

Well, introductions

Who am I? well that purely depends on the day, time and mood that I am in, been called many things some good and well some not so good (insert shocked look) The name that I post here is of course Crowbear, although I actually prefer "Bear" just cuz I have gotten used to that nickname. My real name is Matt. I am 34 and of course if I said "yes please" that would be construed as chavhanistic I would imagine so therefore I will add that I am male, although with the excersize and losing of weight that is happening it is throwing my hormones into high gear... but nuff said bout that (background noises of "chauvhanist" being said in whispers). I started LC in september of this year. I am divorced with a child who is in my custody and is turning 8 on Dec 25th. So I guess that kind of puts me in that "other" category (sees some knowing nods). I live in a town called Newberg it is about 25 miles south of Portland OR. Occupation... full time father, part time electronic technician, and all around daydreamer, and some dreams have come true, so no one can tell me that they don't. Already answered the question bout kids, I have a very loving and attention starved cat, and an annoying, but loving ferret. I am remaining on the induction part of the Atkins diet, it seems to be doing me the most amount of good, but would still love a visit from the whoosh fairy (hears something bout it taking years to get the weight on, must take a little while to take it off).

THE JUST FOR FUN PART

Steak done to a bloody rare (hears gagging sounds from the rear) hey, I have always said that you can just show the cow a flame and then bring it out....

Freshly baked sour dough bread (gives longing look toward San Francisco)

Pizza... got to have a pizza at least once a month... with the bread, I usually start off with the crust first.

I used to do 30 miles a day on my bike when I was going to school and it was an exhilarating experience, I want to be able to do that and be able to jog again.

I would love to be able to read books for a living, I love to read almost anything. have to add the anything just for the fact I have read some garbage that calls itself books, but knowledge even negative knowledge can be a good thing.

I would love to meet the Dalai Lamma.

I am currently reading whatever I can get my hands on, although I am writing my own novel.

Blade Runner is definately in my top 5 movies, along with Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence, The natural, Breakfast Club, and the Indianna Jones movies.

Anything else that I wish to share I will put in my journal
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-01, 10:24

Stats: 147/126/119
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hi! I’m Daisy (or Clair if you prefer!), I’m 30 & female I think that “Yes please" should count too!
* Started LC (Atkins) 15/10/01.
* Married, single, other: Other, I guess! I’ve been with my gorgeous boyfriend for nearly 3 years, but we don’t live together or anything!
* City, County /Hemisphere: I live in Sunderland, which is a city in the north east of England
* Occupation (# 1 MOM, # 1 secretary, # 1 boss, # 1 sofa surfer): all of these things, and a few more!
* Kids, pets, pests: Twin boys, age 11, who are mainly responsible for the above!
* Current Low Carb status (ie losing, maintenance, would kill for a visit from the whoosh fairy): Losing, after a brief stall. What’s the whoosh fairy? I think I saw her a few times, but I don’t know what she’s for!
* Favourite low carb food; currently chicken curry, but whatever the latest recipe is that I’ve tried.
* Favourite non-low carb food- Roast potatoes! And apples. And my apple and butterscotch pudding…mmm… apple and butterscotch pudding…!
* Food you can't live without on Low carb- sugar free jelly & cream.
* Favorite type of exercise- running & swimming.
* If you could be paid for the thing you most like to do what would it be?- reading, making lists, scooting around on my office chair, stapling, correcting spelling!
* Person you'd most like to meet currently living- Dermot O’Leary. He’s mine & he needs to be convinced of it hahhahahah! Seriously, ummmm, Madonna, I guess. BTW, nrussell- I met Sean Bean a couple of years ago! He does nothing for me though, and he was really dull, though to be fair, my football team HAD just beaten his 4-0!
* What are you currently reading- The Exorcist! Oh the shame! Usually I prefer Toni Morrison, Anne Tyler, Margaret Atwood, something like that. Honest! My favourite novels are Beloved by Toni Morrison, Lolita by Nabokov and Paul Auster’s New York Trilogy
* What's your favourite movie- So many! The Shop Around the Corner, It’s a Wonderful Life... I love old movies! I also saw Amelie recently, which I loved, but mainly I watch far too many horror movies than can be healthy for me!
* Just anything else you'd like to share. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger!
  #86   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 19:11

Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Tell us about yourself

As I've said before this is one of my favourite threads. I've bumped it back up so as Alto suggested those who are new, please feel free to introduce yourself.
  #87   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-01, 21:49

Stats: 125/121.5/110
BF:
Progress: 23%

blue666 (I am a Duke grad. GO DEVILS!!!), Becca
F/23
started Induction 3 days ago!!
Single
living in Seattle, WA; just moved here from NYC
grad student MBA/MHA program
current LC status: have lost 4 pounds in 3 days and am feeling good!
fav LC food: salads
fav non LC food: chocolate and fruit
food i can't live w/o on LC: hard boiled eggs
fav exercise: running; i finished the SEattle marathon last Sunday
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 21:22

Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Introductions

Here's a fun thread some new folks might like to read and join in with their information. I like to keep bumping this up!!!
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 23:44
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Adkin's
Stats: 252/236/160 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

* Board name and real world name-- LauraVonk, Laura
* Age and SEX (again "Yes Please" does not count here)-- 37/F
* LC Start date-- Jan. 3, 2002
* Married, single, other-- Happily married for almost 5 years
* City, County /Hemisphere--Owensville, Missouri
* Occupation (# 1 MOM, # 1 secretary, # 1 boss, # 1 sofa surfer)- Mother, homeschool teacher, author
* Kids, pets, pests--3 step kids, 2 horses, 4 cats, numerous
chickens.
* Current Low Carb status (ie losing, maintenance, would kill for a visit from the whoosh fairy)--Just starting.

AND FOR FUN........

* Favourite low carb food--Cheese
* Favourite non-low carb food--Pizza
* Food you can't live without on Low carb--Pizza
* Favorite type of exercise--Horseback Riding.
* If you could be paid for the thing you most like to do what would it be?--Horseback Riding.
* Person you'd most like to meet currently living-Charleton
Heston
* What are you currently reading--Adkins Diet
* What's your favourite movie--It's a Wonderful Life
* Just anything else you'd like to share--I love life and since I can't live forever, I'd like to live at least until I'm 150.
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 23:50
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%
Cool

Great thread!

*Board name/real name..................Rosebud/Roz

*Age/Sex.......................................51(yuck, why am I admitting this?) Female

*Low Carb start date......................1/1/2002 (Just as well it's 1/1 we Aussies go backwards from you Yanks and things can get very confusing)

*Relationship status........................Other, I guess, happily cohabiting with the man I love for lo, these many years.

*City/Country.................................Brisbane, Oz, Southern hemisphere

*Occupation....................................Registered Nurse

*Kids/pets....................................No kids, unless you count Samedi, Shadow, Sally, Max, Murray and Daisy.
They're the 6 most spoiled cats in Brissy.

*Current Low carb status.............Day 3 of Induction

*Favourite Low carb food............... cream

*Favourite non-low carb food.........CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!

*Food you can't live without on LC..........Meat, I s'pose, it's all pretty great.

*Favourite exercize.........................Horizontal jogging

*If I could be paid for doing what I love.........Lolling around, eating chocolate. (Chocolate, I miss you:cry

*Person I would most love to meet.............Rudy Guiliani - like many folks, I'd like to shake his hand.

*What am I currently reading?....................The Surgeon of Crowthorne by Simon Winchester. It's a fascinating account of the origin of the Oxford English Dictionary. Makes me sound pretty intellectual, huh?

*Favourite Movie/s...........................Hard to pick off the top of my head, maybe Titanic for the spectacle and let's face it, anything that makes me bawl my eyes out can't be all bad.

*Anything else I would like to share?.......... I love cricket. It's on as I write and Australia is mopping the floor with South Africa.
We got 554 in our first innings and they're already 1/37.
Yeah, I know, means nothing to 99.9% of you but trust me, it's great!