Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Cholesterol, Heart Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-12, 08:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/222/140 Female 5'10"
BF:no clue. too much
Progress: 16%
Default Ear Lobe crease?

I just made a disturbing find this morning when I was brushing my teeth - I have creases in both ear lobes. Ironically, I was just reading an article on this in a health magazine how this occurrence has been linked as an indicator for heart disease. That has me worried a bit and I'm more determined than ever to take better care of myself and stick to my low carb ways. I plan on making a doctor's visit to do blood work and get a full check up to see just where I stand with this. I'm only 35 and I didn't considered myself to be at risk for anything except for diabetes because my mother and my grandmother both have/had it. Heart disease never really entered my mind at all. I think this was my wake-up call.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-12, 09:55
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

You can also get them from how you sleep, or even just wrinkles. I saw someone with a genetic crease once, it was different from that sort. You'd have had it from a very young age too.

Quote:
In some early studies, earlobe creases were alleged to be associated with an increased risk of heart attack and coronary heart disease; however, more recent studies have concluded that since earlobes become more creased with age, and older people are more likely to experience heart disease than younger people, age may account for the findings linking heart attack to earlobe creases.[5]
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-12, 14:46

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 326/308/220 Male 5.11"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hey Charlene!. I think your best bet is to go down to your GP and get it checked out earlier than later. Especially if you had some history in the family.
My heart disease was not recognised, and I have done the worst sport that I could to make it worse. at the age of 17 I was county champion back in Hungary in weightlifting.

Would I have known about my dodgy heart I would have never done any sport like that.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-12, 15:31
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

they have pamphlets in plastic surgeon's offices that show that a little Restilin in the ear lobes, fattens them back up.
women of age complain the most about creases in the earlobes.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-12, 16:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%

Other so called "signs of fate" are ridges in finger nails which suggest a predisposition to lung cancer, low cholesterol could also signify cancer and of course high cholesterol heart disease. The question is, do these things cause it???? do they simply show its possible so we can take steps, or should we illiminate the problem (as we do with high cholesterol) and assume that will make everything alright!
Personally I have ridges on my fingernails, creases in my ear lobs and low cholesterol - so hey, when my time comes I'll go quietly, whether its my heart or cancer!

Jo xxx