Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#166   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 05:59

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HI ALL

busy busy and one more busy!

hubby and I doing some big barn work on my horse barn. I have 2 on this property. He wants to convert the 4 stall barn near the backyard into a 'man cave' so we are out dealing with moving fencing and doing planning and all. alot of hard work in 100 heat!! It is alot of room for storing his ATV and stuff and wants to have a work area for his tools and all. Big job but we will get it done 'eventually'

all going well tho. on plan and doing fine. yesterday I got back on my treadmill. It is too hot to hike and such....but I feel like I need to move more. alot of energy to handle. I like my treadmill, I wish I could get into a 'real routine' of using. guess I just have to make that happen myself

alot of bigger Tstorms coming in at night. big rain the other evening.

Leave friday for a short 4 day trip to a lake. only 2.5 hr drive so it is close. got a lakefront rv site. bringing my kayak and hubby wants to fish and we will just swim and relax. temps are 100 and 102 in forecast....whew....glad this rv site has tree coverage!

will bring my usual burgers and steaks for the grill of course!!

Hope everyone is doing fine. just busy and this heat is wiping me out but it feels good to keep the old bones moving!
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 06:07
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh6251
Yesterday DH and I took a day trip to Seaside Oregon. I love that place. We walked the beach and window shopped in some of the stores. We brought our own lunch. DH thought it was romantic I thought it was practical. It insured that I stay on track.
WTG, Judy with packing your own lunch.

And I agree with your DH, it really is romantic!
Quote:
I also took a 2 mile walk on Thursday. That is huge for me since I have developed joint issues. I have degenerative arthritis. It has hit my hips, back, and shoulders unfortunately, but I keep moving around. I won't let this beat me.
Sorry to hear about your arthritis! But good job with the 2 mile walk!
Quote:
I have read Why We Get Fat And What To Do About It, and a few other books on carbohydrate restriction. Protein Power, A couple by Dr Atkins. I reread them when I find myself discouraged.
Remember you can always come in here and we'll encourage you every single time b/c that's what we're here for!
Quote:
Hope everyone has a great OP weekend.
Oh we will b/c we are WARRIOR STRONG and we don't eat off plan ever, it's NOT worth it!

#168   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 06:09
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Morning Warriors,

I am very happy to hear that coffee is healthy, Jo. I am a coffee freak, so I am delighted that is one thing I really like that I don't have to give up. Cheers!
I don't know if Imma coffee freak...but I do LOVE my coffee in the AM for sure!
Quote:
Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone and coffee drinkers...ENJOY! ☕️
You betcha and you too, dear friend!

#169   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 06:14
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

HAPPY HAPPY Carb-versary, JUDY!!!

I didn't know this was your carb-versary! How long have you been LCing?
  #170   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 06:25
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch
Not that hungry today...had a little left over lamb and COFFEE for breakfast. Will do up some tuna bread for later, and tonight, out for dinner at one of the greatest French restaurants in the city. Know exactly what I am having too; "Grande Assiette (assorted cold meats and Frecnh cheeses) et la salade vert" yum!
at "Grande Assiette" (big plate)! WOW that does sound yummy and 100% OP!

One thing I really miss is real French "saucisson à l'ail". Haven't had a really good one in a very long time!
Quote:
It's so unfathomable, what happened in Nice, France. All my colleagues and school families are accounted for and safe. Even the ones who were there, on Rue des Americas... they are okay. An act of madmen, to be sure. There really are no words.
That's wonderful news that all your colleagues are safe and sound!

Yeah, it's really getting über scary everywhere! I still have family in France and they weren't anywhere near Nice which is a blessing...

IMHO, we have to continue doing what we're doing, enjoying all the activities that we normally do BUT remain vigilant or THEY win!
  #171   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 06:36
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
HI ALL

busy busy and one more busy!

hubby and I doing some big barn work on my horse barn. I have 2 on this property. He wants to convert the 4 stall barn near the backyard into a 'man cave' so we are out dealing with moving fencing and doing planning and all. alot of hard work in 100 heat!! It is alot of room for storing his ATV and stuff and wants to have a work area for his tools and all. Big job but we will get it done 'eventually'
Hiya Karen!

Wow you guys are always busy busy! That's cool that you're converting one of your barns into a man-cave for your DH!

Yeah, working in 100 degree temps is very hard indeed! You all have humidity too right???
Quote:
all going well tho. on plan and doing fine. yesterday I got back on my treadmill. It is too hot to hike and such....but I feel like I need to move more. alot of energy to handle. I like my treadmill, I wish I could get into a 'real routine' of using. guess I just have to make that happen myself
I do all my exercising (weight training, planks), except for my pedaling, when I roll out of bed in the am whilst waiting for my java to brew. If I don't, it's so EASY for me to talk myself out of doing them.

It's really weird b/c after I do 'em, I the after "burn" so I know that's what keeps me doing 'em!
Quote:
Leave friday for a short 4 day trip to a lake. only 2.5 hr drive so it is close. got a lakefront rv site. bringing my kayak and hubby wants to fish and we will just swim and relax. temps are 100 and 102 in forecast....whew....glad this rv site has tree coverage!

will bring my usual burgers and steaks for the grill of course!!
Oh another vaca to test out the new RV, how fun! Sounds like you'll be having an über good time at the lake and staying 100% OP! WTG, Karen, you've GOT THIS!
Quote:
Hope everyone is doing fine.
Imma doing super duper terrific!
Quote:
just busy and this heat is wiping me out but it feels good to keep the old bones moving!
I hear you about the heat. Here's its been between 105-110. I don't step out of the house after noon... it's just unbearable! So I do all my yard work and/or running errands in the am! Gotta beat the HEAT!
  #172   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-16, 12:56

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hi All!

Jo, hope you stay cool today! It looks like it will be sunny here...we'll see how hot it gets.

Karen, have a GREAT trip to the lake! 4 days is a nice amount of time to go.

Jmh, Seaside Oregon! How cool! I love Portland, and I love the ocean too.

Bernie, sounds like you're having lots of fun w the grands. Still can;t believe you're a gramma! You look so young!

De, I'm SO happy to hear about coffee!!! keep it comin'!

Have a great Sunday!
j
  #173   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-16, 10:22
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Jo, hope you stay cool today! It looks like it will be sunny here...we'll see how hot it gets.
Yesterday was around 105 & today, it supposed to be 95! So it's gonna be some what better! We have a storm blowin' in and I hope we get some much needed RAIN! Predicted low to mid 90s all week long!
  #174   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-16, 10:31
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Monday, 18 July 2016

Happy Monday, Warrior Sisters and Brother Larry!

Hope you and yours are doing well & wishing each of you a totally Kick Azz BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Today marks 2 years + 3 months + 3 weeks in Maintenance for me! And I've been on my life and soul changing journey for 1,109 days! Time flies when you're having FUN!

Like I was telling Berni in my journal this morning, our incredible HC A '72 LC WOE has become so completely ingrained in me to the point that thinking about eating anything off plan seems so totally foreign and wrong to me.

Actually, thinking about eating or even seeing off plan foods (i.e., those horribly toxic carbs) make me wanna gag at times...so to say I'm in a totally fab-tastic place in my journey is truly an understatement!

Wishing everyone continued success on your journeys to better HEALTH and skinny-dom!

And remember: Keep Fighting the GOOD Hard Fight b/c we are soooo WORTH IT!

#175   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-16, 11:54

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

I am about 30 minutes from home. We just stop to feed the grandkiddies! I am sitting outside. Tired of being in or around restaurants. Although the carbage doesn't even phase me if I look at anything it is the meat !

Jams, thanks for that nice compliment but Yepper I have three grandkiddies that can run me ragged 😌😚.
Karen, you go girl so glad you are going to be camping at the beach with all your zero carb protein for your dining pleasure 👍. I also enjoy the threadmill when I can do something on it. Attend a meeting or watch the news. Otherwise I would rather be out walking! Luv my air any time of year. I agree can't do long walks in the humidity so I get out there at break time before the sun up.

Judy, congrats on staying on plan whilst enjoying the mini vacation.
Jo, congrats on another landmark accomplishment in your maintaince journey!
Luv your post it is truly where I am at no desire or every thought of ever going off plan. I truly enjoy my food it is the most nutrient dense for optimal health!

Have a wonderful day warriors and take care 😀👍

Last edited by Bernie2014 : Mon, Jul-18-16 at 14:58.
  #176   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-16, 12:41

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hi All!
Happy Monday!
Got some errands to run today, but mostly hanging out at home. I'm excited about that as we've been here, there and everywhere lately!
It's almost noon here and I haven't eaten anything yet...just wasn't hungry. I really, really want to focus on PORTIONS for the remainder of the summer.

I NEED to get the scale back down to my lowest on this journey (141) and push BEYOND that number! I am short, and 150 is just too heavy. My body seems to really, really like the number 150. It doesn't make me mad, I just want it to CHANGE. Patience, I know. Like I said, I do have a tendency to overeat "reallly delicious" on-plan food, particularly in the afternoon/evening, so, that's a goal: keep afternoon/evening eating SMALL. If any of you have a similar tendency, and you have figured out a way to control... please let me know. Jo, I know you like to say, "I'm only hungry when I eat" and I swear, that is me, more and more! Your solution has been a once a day eating window... Can you tell me more about that? Anyone else?

Bottom line, I know (even on plan) I eat too much. Too many calories, too close to bed time...and eating makes me want to eat more.

I KNOW the scale will cooperate, eventually.

Hope everyone is doing great! Another new week = another chance to make something good happen!!

Cheers,
jams
  #177   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-16, 16:09

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Good afternoon Warriors; It's been a couple of days since I have checked in.

Not an awful lot going on today. Tonight is our Bible Study. I will bring my own snack then won't be interested in the carb crap that others bring.

I drank a BPC and my energy level has gone thru the roof. It's amazing how much energy you get from eating a little fat. It's better energy then you get from carbs.

The fat around my waist is shrinking. It seems like lately it has been giving up the struggle to stay on the body. I have almost given up that I would lose more. Goes to prove that persistence counts.

Jamackarch........... Keep it up and never give up hope. Persistence counts.

Bernie.............. Playing with GC is so much fun. I don't see mine often enough, except for the guy who lives with me. And God love him he gets on my nerves.

Jo.......... I would tell you to try and stay cool, but I know you will do the best you can. At least you don't have to carry around all that weight and be hot.

Peace and Blessings;
  #178   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-16, 17:26
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?
Hiya Berni!

Imma doing super duper terrific, thanks for asking!
Quote:
I am about 30 minutes from home. We just stop to feed the grandkiddies! I am sitting outside. Tired of being in or around restaurants. Although the carbage doesn't even phase me if I look at anything it is the meat !
at "the meat"! Right ON!!!
Quote:
Jo, congrats on another landmark accomplishment in your maintaince journey!
As you well know, every day is a mini-milestone since I've never done maintenance before!
Quote:
Luv your post it is truly where I am at no desire or every thought of ever going off plan. I truly enjoy my food it is the most nutrient dense for optimal health!
That's why we are gonna beat the odds of "dieting & regaining" and remain Warrior members of TEAM 5%! Woot! Woot!

Quote:
Have a wonderful day warriors and take care 😀👍
I sure will and you too, girlie!

#179   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-16, 17:50
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Hi All!
Happy Monday!
Got some errands to run today, but mostly hanging out at home. I'm excited about that as we've been here, there and everywhere lately!
It's almost noon here and I haven't eaten anything yet...just wasn't hungry. I really, really want to focus on PORTIONS for the remainder of the summer.
Hiya, Jams And happy Monday to you too!

I think it's awesome that you are going to experiment with portion control during the rest of your summer! You'll let us know how that works out for you, yes? B/c you know we wanna know and it could help some one else!
Quote:
I NEED to get the scale back down to my lowest on this journey (141) and push BEYOND that number! I am short, and 150 is just too heavy. My body seems to really, really like the number 150. It doesn't make me mad, I just want it to CHANGE. Patience, I know. Like I said, I do have a tendency to overeat "reallly delicious" on-plan food, particularly in the afternoon/evening, so, that's a goal: keep afternoon/evening eating SMALL.
So are you hungry when you overeat OP foods? Do you think it's a habit you can break if you're not really hungry?

B/c I know people who always eat a snack after dinner... I'm not saying that's you...but a lot of times our eating is more habitual than anything else...
Quote:
If any of you have a similar tendency, and you have figured out a way to control... please let me know. Jo, I know you like to say, "I'm only hungry when I eat" and I swear, that is me, more and more! Your solution has been a once a day eating window... Can you tell me more about that? Anyone else?
What I figured out about me was that it really is true, I am only hungry when I eat. I have never been a breakfast eater... probably quit eating breakfast around jr. high school. But it wasn't like the American grainy cereal breakfasts. We ate the typical French petit déjeuner. With café au lait and a small slice of pain grillé ou baquette avec du beurre. That was it!

So when I restarted this FINAL time, I had finally figured out that one of my many food related issues was/is I can eat all day long grazing on perfectly OP foods... so I started off 5 July 2013 eating only once a day. I've probably eaten one meal a day 99.9% of those over 1,100 days...

I also know that I am not completely sated unless I'm full ~ not the so full I wanna puke full either.

By eating all my carbs and kcals in one meal, I am able to manage another one of my food related issues. I try to eat no later than 2 hours before bed. If I eat any earlier, I have a tendency to be hungry before bed...but I don't eat.

According to Fung in "The Obesity Code" what I'm doing is perfect to help "cure" my insulin resistance! Who knew?

We all have to find what works for us as individuals and I know I've found what works for me!

Onward and DOWNWARD, Jams! Woot! Woot!

#180   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-16, 18:03
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh6251
Good afternoon Warriors; It's been a couple of days since I have checked in.
Good Afternoon, Judy!
Quote:
Not an awful lot going on today. Tonight is our Bible Study. I will bring my own snack then won't be interested in the carb crap that others bring.
Woot! Woot! Way to stay Warrior Strong! WTG!
Quote:
I drank a BPC and my energy level has gone thru the roof. It's amazing how much energy you get from eating a little fat. It's better energy then you get from carbs.
Yeppers, actually the initial "boost" from carb-age lasts about 1 hour and then we're back in the dumps and don't forget the "carb" fog!
Quote:
The fat around my waist is shrinking. It seems like lately it has been giving up the struggle to stay on the body. I have almost given up that I would lose more. Goes to prove that persistence counts.
Huge Congrats on the loss!

So how much have you lost???
Quote:
Jo.......... I would tell you to try and stay cool, but I know you will do the best you can. At least you don't have to carry around all that weight and be hot.
Yeppers, Imma not as bothered by the heat as I was when I weighed 151 lbs MORE!

Actually I keep a light sweater in my truck even in the heat of summer, some of these stores crank up the AC and I get cold so I have it if I need it!
Closed Thread