Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 00:57

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: -/-/154 Female 66in.
BF:too much
Progress: 4%
Question Question... help, Please??

Hi there...

Seems I posted this in the wrong place the other day and someone suggested I might get a better response here

I was reading the thread the other day about exercising, and some folks mentioned BodyFlex and Oxycise. Can anyone tell me please, is Body Flex breathing the same or similar to Oxycise breathing??

I bought Oxycise back in 2002 and did it for a few weeks... not much in the way of results and I am pretty sure I was doing it correctly. I am not sure if it was the forced breath out, the weight gain or what, but I have somehow damaged my esophagus. As a result, I almost constantly feel like there is a lump at the base of my throat and have difficulty with wind (Burping). I cant burp properly, and feel very incomfortable in the upper chest. I also feel like my stomach is coming up through my mouth if I have to strain at all.

I had an endoscopy last year and the Dr said my esophagus was damamged (didn't say exacly how) just freely handed out pills (as they do) that did nothing to help. Side effects were not impressive, so I stopped them.

If the Blody Flex breathing is different than Oxycise, then I will definately trying that as a form of movment till I am able to get more active.

Also be interested in any other feedback about BodyFlex.
Thanks
Beverly
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 09:11
Rikki Tikki Tavi

Plan: Keto Clarity & Atkins
Stats: 262.5/257.6/180 Male 5'-11"
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Body Flex

Fair_Lady.

I did Body Flex for a number of years. I stopped when I had Candida problems as it aggrivated the re-curring sinustitis.

I just started again today as my Candida/yeast is back in balance.

I don't know if the tapes are still available. I strongly suggest getting the tapes to do it properly.

I'm so sorry about your injury. I like the routine because I can take it and do it anywhere and without special equipment.

Don't know squat about Oxysize.

Tom.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 10:32

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: -/-/154 Female 66in.
BF:too much
Progress: 4%

Thanks for your reply Tom.. I had actually forgotten I wrote this it was so long ago

I ended up buying BodyFlex after all, and found the breathing is very similar to oxycise. ie: forced breathing, so have been hesitant to do it in fear of damaging my esophagus further. I don't have medical insurance here so havent been to a Dr since Nov 1 2002 and dont need that added expense right now!

I was interested in what you said re the Candida! Perhaps again, just what I needed to hear. For many years I have suspected I have candida from head to bowel (sorry, conjours up a gross image lol). I read the 'yeast connection' many, many years ago but Dr's I saw were scepticle of it. I have had 'post nasal drip' since my pregnancy 23 years ago and I also get a nasty rash (not unlike diaper rash) in moist areas ie: groin area, under bust, to the point that my bellybutton bleeds sometimes. My mother-now deceased, sister and daughter all go thru the same thing! I have heard it referred to as 'Heat Rash'

Lately I have had itchy skin! on my left hip and lower back area... but there is nothing there! No rash, no bites that anyone can see... just an annoying itch that's been there for almost a week! I am wondering if it's a reaction to something I ate or drank. It's a puzzle to me.

Any info/advice on how you bought it under control would be greatly appreciated. Everything here in the US is so different form home. Even ingredients in Vitamins differ. eg: fillers etc... and I cant even buy plain Cream to whip up for my coffee! It has stuff in it to help it whip up!

Well, thanks for your response
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 10:54

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 188/173/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Saw your post by chance, go to the nutrition and supplements area and read about Oil of Oregano, it is supposed to help with yeast issues. I started taking it yesterday, so we shall see as I also have yeast issues.....Jan