Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-07, 11:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

i am finding most of this very interesting. i have a double whammy of hrt and zoloft. i switched from natural hormone replacement and added zoloft last summer. i was a mess. things have sorted themselves out now, and i think i will be returning to the natural hormone replacement therapy. i, too, have had hives two different times, and can't pinpoint why...

i am losing weight now, but slowly and i never really made a connection (mrs. obvious) to the weight gain--which was about 25 lbs....i just blamed myself for being out of control, but maybe it was more of a drug thing than a control issue.

if you have switched to something other than zoloft, what was it and how did it work for you....i am not feeling many benefits from the zoloft at this point..
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Feb-01-07, 11:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/248/165 Female 5'
BF:
Progress:

Tmajic and CNYmom..Wellbutrin...."happy".."muderous impulses"'My the drugs do have different effects don't they. I have to say it's interesting to think of this point: Doctors stil prescribe Wellbutrin because it has the lowest incident of sexual dysfunction as a side effect. Mostly I've heard of men who have done well on the drug and women having bad or angry responses.
INteresting eh.
As far as the pounds coming off, I know that I can only stay in ketosis if I only eat 1 cup of veg a day and that's it. Not much at all. And I have to make sure my meals are fatty. Yes I get upset stomach from all that richness. I found a break in making broth with chicken and adding my days veg of course greens like collards or something with a lot of roughage and vitamins. Of course I sautee the greens in a slab of butter and then add the broth.It gives my intestines something to do other than swim in the protiens! ha ha I don't think weighing is good...measure instead once a week. I'm hucking my scale out the window today. My clothes are loser but my scale doesn't agree. Insurrection! Out it goes!
Let's band together!!!!!
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Feb-01-07, 19:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226.5/221/135 Female 5ft. 7in.
BF:
Progress: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbirth

I'm currently on Celexa and need to take it to live a normal life.

Newbirth, I was wondering if you could tell me how the celexa has been for you in regards to weight loss. My doctor is aatempting to get me Lexapro but we are having some difficulties with getting it authorized. They want to put me on Celexa in the meantime and I am deathly afraid I wont be able to lose the weight on it. I need something because the demons in my head are starting to affect all aspects of my life

I cannot tell you how glad I am to have found this thread. any personal experinces and advice is truly welcome. I'm scared

Thank you
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-07, 11:54
Registered Member

Plan: atkins-induction
Stats: 177/177/150 Female 5-5
BF:
Progress: 0%

MIA7681....I was on almost all of the anti-dep meds...paxil, celexa, wellbutrin ( ok let's not even go there!), lexapro..I think I covered them all...I believe, for me, paxil actually did the trick and I was able to finally ween off of them altogether after about 3 years...weight gain was a big problem and that is why I started to switch around..you can only keep trying them to see what works for YOU..as they all seemed to make me gain...others on this post have had much better results with the weight loss while on the meds...unfortunately it is just trial and error, but don't be surprised if it takes a few to find the one that works for you...your mental health is really the most important issue