Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-10, 12:41

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%
Default HCG progress/challenge thread

I didn't see one started yet, so here is a thread for people to track and discuss progress on hcg.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-10, 13:25

Plan: Organic Dukan Attack
Stats: 132/129.4/116 Female 4' 11"
BF:
Progress: 16%

faduckeggs,

If I read your profile right, you've been doing intermittent fasting. Do you plan to continue IF with the Hcg protocol or spread the calories out during the day?
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-10, 13:29

On hcg I eat twice a day, because that is how the plan is written. When in maintenance mode, I usually eat one real meal a day, plus occasional coffee or a small lunch if I need to for work/business purposes.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-10, 14:20

I do the homeopathic drops sublingually. And those come already mixed, in alcohol, for stability. I've always read that the alcohol is necessary for pre-mixed drops to maintain the stability of the hormone. I'm not sure if it has any real effect on absorbtion.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-10, 14:22

FYI, as to loading:

So far on day 1, I have had three large mugs half coffee-half hwc. And for lunch two jumbo bowls of seafood chowder made with butter and hwc. (Probably a quart of cream in the soup.) Dinner tonight is a pot roast. I will also have more coffee/cream.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-10, 14:49

BF:

I am thinking of shadowing this challenge, but without the hcg. Not, mind you as a challenge or attempt to "prove" anything to those using hcg, but because my dr. has suggested hcg as a possibility for me, and I want to be sure that I really have made an honest effort to lose 10 lbs "my way" before trying hcg.

I plan to check in regularly and maybe note my progress or lack of progress on a very low calorie/low carb regime without hcg. I will be shooting for 600-700 cals per day in ketosis and will be honest about my hunger levels without hcg. Hope no one minds my chiming in like that.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-10, 16:21
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I'm going to see my ND on the 3rd.

I probably won't start until my period is over which is about a week or 10 days later.

His option isn't cheap. $85 a week. But I'd like to do it through him for my first round just to make sure I'm doing it correctly. Then later on, I might try it on my own, if I need to.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-10, 17:09

Plan: LCHF/Keto
Stats: 162/116.6/117 Female 61 inches
BF:30.6%/22.0%/22.1%
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
I am thinking of shadowing this challenge, but without the hcg. Not, mind you as a challenge or attempt to "prove" anything to those using hcg, but because my dr. has suggested hcg as a possibility for me, and I want to be sure that I really have made an honest effort to lose 10 lbs "my way" before trying hcg.

I plan to check in regularly and maybe note my progress or lack of progress on a very low calorie/low carb regime without hcg. I will be shooting for 600-700 cals per day in ketosis and will be honest about my hunger levels without hcg. Hope no one minds my chiming in like that.
Nelson~ I wouldn't recommend doing the very low calories without the hcg. You may end up going into starvation mode where the body starts digesting its own muscle (and the heart is a muscle), as well as causing your metabolism to come to a screeching halt.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-10, 17:09

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Load Day #1 is tomorrow for me.

I'll be taking the homeopathic drops. I have three different kinds, all open bottles, so I'm just going to use them up before opening a new bottle.

I'll start off with a bottle that's almost empty. It's called Weight Off Drops. The ingredients are Foeniculum vulgare (2x), Fucus vesiculosus (3x), Lecithin (3x), , Brown fat (3x, 6x, 12x, 30x), Ammonium carbonicum (6x), Calcarea arsenica (6x), Calcarea carbonica (6x), Caulophyllum thalictroides (6x), Galium aparine (6x), Lac defloratum (6x), Garcinia cambogia (6x), Manganum aceticum (6x), Phosphorus (6x), Phytolacca decandra (6x), Rubus idaeus (6x), Thyroid (6x), Ammonium bromatum (8x), Antimonium crudum (8x), purified water, 20% USP alcohol. The dosage is 10 drops three times a day 30 minutes before meals. I used this for one half-hearted attempt.

When that bottle is empty (the first load day, I'm sure), I'll switch over to a bottle labeled 12X, 30X, 60X hand succussed. The dosage is 10 drops 3 times a day under the tongue 30 minutes before meals. It's from Health Yourself in Ohio (Natural Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Inc.). I used this for my first round and for most of my second round. I have half of an opened bottle and a full unopened bottle.

When that open bottle is gone, I'll switch over to the Mediral Weight Loss Formula. The ingredients are Arginine 3x, 12x, 30x; L-Carnitine 3x, 12x, 30x; Ornithine 3x, 12x, 30x; HCG 6x, 12x, 30x, 60x. The dosage is 10 to 20 drops 3 times a day under the tongue between meals (no times specified). I have half of an opened bottle and a full unopened bottle.

When the open bottle of Mediral is gone, I'll decide which of my two remaining bottles to open, based on the success. If I seemed to have less hunger and lost more pounds with one over the other, I'll probably open the "better" bottle. That should do me for the remainder of this round.

Then I'll just have to see where I am. I'll post daily losses here, but will put most of my detail in my own journal so as not to bog down this thread.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-10, 17:33
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

all righty.. i'm following you all closely, as well.
i am making a trip back to florida in the next couple of weeks.
figured this would not be a good time to start something like this.
but when i return, i hope to jump on the wagon with y'all.
i've stayed at this weight for a couple of years now, give or take 10 pounds.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-10, 17:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
all righty.. i'm following you all closely, as well.
i am making a trip back to florida in the next couple of weeks.
figured this would not be a good time to start something like this.
but when i return, i hope to jump on the wagon with y'all.
i've stayed at this weight for a couple of years now, give or take 10 pounds.
Maybe that will be close to the time I start. I'd love to have a buddy!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-10, 17:39
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
"I will most likely be starting in January around the 22nd or 23rd"

yeah, right around the end of january should work for me.
i hope to get this monkey (home situation) off my back, before i start messing with my diet..
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-10, 17:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDansyr
Nelson~ I wouldn't recommend doing the very low calories without the hcg. You may end up going into starvation mode where the body starts digesting its own muscle (and the heart is a muscle), as well as causing your metabolism to come to a screeching halt.

With all due respect, I believe that the "starvation mode" meme is over-rated. For one thing, I am only about 4 foot 11 inches tall and I weight about 123 lbs. I am in menopause, have a long commute and a desk job. As for my metabolism coming to a halt--menopause has done a dandy job of that for me already, and increasing my cal, my fat and my carb intake in turns has done zip for weight loss.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-10, 17:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
yeah, right around the end of january should work for me.
i hope to get this monkey (home situation) off my back, before i start messing with my diet..
Yay!!! (I hear ya on the home thing ... )
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-10, 18:35

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 167/135/127 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 80%

I'd like to follow you too, if you don't mind. I may try this myself later on.
Closed Thread