Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-16, 04:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 484/484/200 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default 2 weeks in

I am 2 weeks in and have dropped 16 pounds, I am starting to feel better so I hope to start getting in some light exercise soon . I haven't had any real problems with wanting to break off plan, I did discovery some bread & butter pickles at Walmart that are made with Splenda, low carb and oh so good those have helped alot . I actually look forward to Mondays now since that is my weight in day, some times I do get discouraged by thinking how far I have to go compared to how close I was back about 10 years ago when I did low carb but fell off. Not this time I am in it for the long haul. Happy Monday everyone.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-16, 13:38

Plan: atkins/LC
Stats: 275/198/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 59%

soonernort - one thing a friend said to me after she had gone back to a poor way of eating - I hadn't seen her in over a year. She said that she had gotten discouraged because she was losing at a very slow rate, and felt it wasn't worth the effort. Then she said that if she had kept it up, even with the slow weight loss, she would have been at her goal. It kind of drove home that you won't ever get where you're headed if you just don't keep going. BEST OF LUCK, and congrats on a fantastic 2 weeks!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-16, 14:32
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Nice loss on your first two weeks! The long haul worked for me. It is the only way to go. Getting through the first few months is the hardest. After a year of eating clean it is much easier. After two years you will be a pro and well trained for how you need to eat. Eating LC will feel natural and that other diet you used to eat will have lost its luster. Go low carb to get your life back. Stay low carb to keep it.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-17, 12:35

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hey Soonernort, just a ping to see how you are. We miss you on the Weekly Weigh-in Thread. Take care!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-23-17, 12:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonernort
I am 2 weeks in and have dropped 16 pounds, I am starting to feel better so I hope to start getting in some light exercise soon . I haven't had any real problems with wanting to break off plan, I did discovery some bread & butter pickles at Walmart that are made with Splenda, low carb and oh so good those have helped alot . I actually look forward to Mondays now since that is my weight in day, some times I do get discouraged by thinking how far I have to go compared to how close I was back about 10 years ago when I did low carb but fell off. Not this time I am in it for the long haul. Happy Monday everyone.

Good Job!! I am also new here (re)starting, this time for good...seems overwhelming but I think if we aim for mini-goals, keep the bigger picture in mind, we will be successful!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-23-17, 12:53
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 133/124/112 Female 58ins
BF:
Progress:

A friend of mine goes to WeightWatchers but is losing weight hand over fist; much faster than anyone else.... but she hasn't told them she's not sticking to any of their advice but is on a LCHF way to live....

Everyone there keeps asking how she does it...
She's about 3 lbs off target weight, and says she will leave after that.

Keep going.
If she can do it, trust me: so can you.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-05-17, 11:52

Plan: atkins/LC
Stats: 275/198/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 59%

I always meant to try and combine WW with LCHF. I think that will be after I actually get off my butt (literally) and start an exercise routine. WW works really well, but if LCHF works for your particular body chemistry, nothing can beat it!