Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 08:49

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

At least one site (didn't check others) offers a 60 day, "no questions asked" money back guarantee... I always like that...hmmm.... (Jinx still wanting the easy way out, scientific mind being overcome...)
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 09:34
Arizona 215 lb Loser

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 327/315/190 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcollier
Thanks Jinxy! It doesn't make sense, huh? If ya don't need to follow a candida diet, then there should be lots of critter food, no? I wish I could find some unbiased information on this stuff.

Hi Wanda, the yeast in the ThreeLac is to keep the bacteria alive BEFORE it gets swallowed by you! Who knows how long it might sit around before you use it...

Also, thanks for the link to the forum. I'll have to go check that out.

And according to the ThreeLac information I've read, you have to take more doses than normal for the first month or two, and thus you need more of it to begin with.

My wife just started to take the ThreeLac so I don't know yet if it's working...

Dean
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 09:38
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Jinxy:

I've been dealing with the same issues myself and e-mailed candidasupport.org about these very studies. This is their reply.

Quote:
We don't really have access to them. They first were done in Japan and those have not been released over here. This Summer there are a few different doctors who are doing lab studies but we don't know when or if those results will be available.
For us it has been very subjective and then through all the emails we receive we can clearly see what we thought at first, we have a product that is a quantum leap over anything else that has been available before.

I know this probably won't satisfy you, some people just need that technical aspect and we understand that. I wish we had it.

But then, half the other candida stuff hasn't been scientifically studied, so I don't know why I'm fussing. I guess, like you, b/c they make claims about the success of these studies so I want to see them.

--edit--
Dean, we posted at the same time.

Quote:
Hi Wanda, the yeast in the ThreeLac is to keep the bacteria alive BEFORE it gets swallowed by you! Who knows how long it might sit around before you use it...

OK, that makes sense.

Yes, I found later that the one packet is a maintenance dosage. Thanks for clarifying this. Please keep us posted on your wife's progress.

Wanda

Last edited by wcollier : Thu, Jul-31-03 at 09:41.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 06:48
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Gang:

I'll be the guinea pig. I impulsively ordered this stuff yesterday after taking 2 hours to decide what I could eat for breakfast.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 12:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/185/150 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 74%

I know this is an older thread, but how did anyone's experience with ThreeLac go?
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-04, 01:00

Plan: don't know
Stats: 215/215/175 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Cocoanut Oil

I saw the ads for Threelac and thought it as kinda high priced, for something you order online. I am sceptical about stuff like that. Other sites say cocoanut oil, is very effective at killing Candida, along with other natural foods.
I bought a quart jar of Cocoanut oil at the healthfood store at the local mall. It was under $6.50 US. The 1st time I ate a spoonful of it, within minutes I was sweating and I could feel it sliding it's way thru my system. Then I became VERY windy... I stuck with it, increasing the dose from 1 TBL a day to 3 TBLs a day. Seems to make me feel a bit better.

I don't even know If I have Candida. I had a history of heavy drinking and had been on mega doses of antibiotics MANY many times.
It was suggested to me that I may have it 20 years ago. At the time I was too busy partying and drinking like a fish, living on pizza, burritos, beer, diet pepsi and lots and lots of greasy, starchy foods and PASTA!

Today I don't drink anymore but I cannot believe my cravings for bread, cheese, milk, more bread, pizza etc.
I have joint pain, depression, light headedness, a chrinic inner ear itch, a bloated somach, no energy, thinning hair, have lost my teeth (yes I am VERY attractive), a case of athletes foot that will not quit, plantars warts, ridged finger and toenails, and when I sweat "down there" a foul smell. (So I shower 2-3 times a day.) I am a 46 year old male.

Can I drink Acidophilis in place of regular milk?
Can I eat wheat or corn tortillas in place of bread?
Is processed cheese considered dairy? Velveeta, etc.
What exactly IS die-off?

I am lost here.
Thanks, Chris
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 09:49

Plan: n/a
Stats: ?/?/? Female 5ft5in
BF:
Progress:
Default Success so far!

Hey! I found this website whilst searching for patient testimonals about three lac and it's effectiveness. (Maybe a little late as I've already started taking it, but better late than never!) I was diagnosed with candida about three years ago, I suffered from M.E all through my teens and we never figured out if all that was candida as well or if my low immune system caused the yeast overgrowth. Anyway, that's irrelevant really! I stuck to a really rigid anti-candida diet, which worked amazingly well, however once I started university it became increasingly hard to follow, and little by little as I began slipping all the symptoms began to return! I hadn't really done any research on the internet since I was first diagnosed with candida. Because it was a locum doctor who suggested I may have a yeast intolerance, and subsequent doctors refused to help (Can you believe I was at the doctors probably no less than six months a year for thrush, for about six years, not to mention the countless times I treated it myself, and only recently have I been offered a course of antifungal drugs?!) Anyway I've digressed again! Fed up with my returning symptoms, I returned to the internet to do more research and came across the ThreeLac product. Like all of you, I was extremely dubious of it's claims that you could eat normally and it would still work. However, after about a month's deliberation, I decided what the hell. I bought it from the website that offers a money back guarantee if it didn't work. Being a poor student,I was lucky enough to convince my mother to buy me two tins for Christmas!
Anyway, on to the main point! (Finally I hear you cry!) Basically I've been taking it for about two or three weeks, and I can feel it working already. I started taking it just after taking a course of anti-fungals,which pretty much killed the thrush, and as yet it hasn't returned. I had planned to still stick to my diet rigorously for at least the first month and then try and reintroduce things, but I got a bit carried away, and have eaten appallingly since I've started taking it. I have eaten ice cream, creamy cheesey sauces, even the odd bit of bread. I can't say that I've had no reactions at all, one of my main problems is stomach cramps, wind and constipation, but apart from the first week of taking ThreeLAc (when I was actally quite good eating wise!) my stomach has been pretty much fine. I overdid it a bit on bread at first and gave myself stomach ache, but yesterday I ate naan bread for the first time in three years, and as yet have no stomach ache or wind. I have been indulging alot over christmas in white wine (always a killer for giving me thrush) and chocolate (ditto!) and so far, fingers crossed, have been fine!
Anyway, I've rambled on a bit and congratulations to anyone who has read this far, I just wanted to let everyone know the success I have had so far, I would recommend anyone to at least give it ago. I've obviously got a way to go, but if it continues at this rate I will be extremely pleased! Good luck to you all!
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 14:09

Plan: Protein Power, Atkins
Stats: 286/200/140 Female 5 ft, 7 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default ThreeLac for Candida

I've taken ThreeLac for about 1 year. I have found it has made a difference when combined with OxygenElements Plus. I have found that I even have better cardiovascular workouts. I would recommend this product. I really like this line of products. They are high quality and seem very effective.
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-05, 20:25

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 235/235/155 Female 5' 7.5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default My ND treated me for candida

I went to a Naturopath and she said I had a systemic Yeast infection - cronic athletes foot, bloating, gas, indigistion. She felt it was from my high bloodsugar levels. According to her, to get rid of yeast you have to starve it (no sugar), kill it (she gave me Candicin - which contains oregano oil, clove oil, wormwood extract, ginger extract, and evening primrose oil) and replace the bad bacteria with good (high quality acidophilus) You can get these at a health food store, or see an ND. It can take a while but I have felt better.

Good luck.

Stellamay
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 00:00

Plan: none
Stats: 310/262/220 Male 76 inches
BF:
Progress:

I've always had good luck with ThreeLac in the past, but the cost has kept me from taking it at times. I do notice that shortly after starting up with it again, I have a lot more energy at work and I'm not tired all of the time.

My mom has been doing a lot of research on Candida and has found that Primal Defense is good too, and my sister gave her kids plain yogurt (live acidophilus) to get rid of their thrush.

There are many ways you can combat Candida, but from my own personal experience, ThreeLac is the best. I'm always open to suggestions, though.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Feb-04-05, 07:56

Plan: VERY low!
Stats: 127/127/127 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:

So, where is the group consciousness regarding ThreeLac? Is it worth all that moolah? Even with paying to get the "honor" of buying wholesale that's a LOT of money!!!
Thx!
Artful
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Feb-04-05, 14:53

Plan: MY OWN
Stats: 143/137/125 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:
Default threelac

i just posted something on the 'introduce yourself' page about threelac, i myself have taken threelac for months now and i have been out of it for 2 weeks, and now i am sick! i DO have to say i KNOW it works, i developed thrush at 25 in my throat that was so severe i was hospitalized twice! They didn't know what it was, but after reading up on all of these things i had, i found something on threelac, and i HAD to try it, i was at the end of my ropes (prescriptions for diflucan and other products like that get expensive!) and i never knew that yeast infections, thrush, abdominal pain, rash, all things i had been 'treated but not cured' for were ALL because a lot of people have more bad bacteria in their bodies which ends up revealing itself with all of these 'symtoms' that don't seem to go together! for people who have these problems, i highly suggest trying it, i have gotten the 60 packets for about $50-$60 and to be honest, it is really worth it!! you can look up info about it too if you google 'thrush' and threelac together-if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask!
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 16:21

Plan: Schwarzbein Principal
Stats: 180/150/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Another idea.

While my husband was recovering from candidis tea we used monarda fistola tea (purple bergamont) we got from a health-food store. It wasn't expensive at all, and seems to work! Luna ( a newbie to the group here!)
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Apr-29-05, 11:13

Plan: My OWN general LC!
Stats: 146/141.5/115 Female 5ft4in
BF:not sure!
Progress: 15%

anyone still using threelac?!?
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Apr-30-05, 08:35

Plan: MY OWN
Stats: 143/137/125 Female 5'4
BF: