Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-01, 13:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default Hi Jessica

I started a new post [LOL dont ask me why] I believe its under the induction forum and the subject is " Dear Mocagirl" Just want to make sure U get it.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-01, 16:00
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 132/122/100 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Smile Hello i'm new too

wow 3 weeks and 15 lbs that is awesome ! I just started today so i hope i see that kinda weight lose...so what kinda work outs do you do?
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-01, 19:42

Plan: Atkin's Diet
Stats: 243/216/105
BF:
Progress: 20%
Talking Grrlpwer***********

Well, congrats on the first day of the rest of your life!!!!!!!!!!

I do mainly Water Aerobics because it's easier on the joints but boy do you get your heart rate up!!!!!!!!!! That's the key grrlpwr is to just get your heart rate up. Do whatever exercise makes u compfortable. See, I'm not up to working out in Crowded Gyms, I prefer the comfort of my own home and Community Pool.

Also, I do yoga and Stretching*************

Whatever you choose, just make sure it is something you like to do and rotate exercises each week so u don't get board!!!!!!

Happy Eating, Good Luck

Jessica
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-01, 20:39

BF:
Default welcome grrllpwr

Just wanted to say welcome to the group, this is a great way tostay on track with your new WOL
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 18:36

BF:
Talking YES!!!!!!!

welcome grrl!!!!!!!!!! You'll love it here..................

Jessica
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Nov-01-01, 09:18

BF:

Hey Jessica just wanted to find out how U been doing the last couples of days. Im doing well altho its getting colder up here in alberta...lool brrrrrrrrr
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Nov-01-01, 17:00

BF:
Wink Just Dandy**********

Hi Gwil, I'm doing good except today I went to the Doctor and I got weighed and the numbers just blew me out of the water. i WEIGH MORE THAN i THOUGHT (OR I WAS IN DENIAL.)

Anywhoo, I'm not gonna fret, I've put on 40 pounds since June 2001 because I was going through personal problems and I'm doing something about it now so I'm not gonna worry..............

How are u sweetie?????????? Good I hope. Keep up the Good work!!!! and Thankx 4 the Support.

Talk 2 u soon

Jessica
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Nov-02-01, 07:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/204/140
BF:
Thumbs up

Jessica--Sorry about your old school mate's comment. She must have been feeling bad about herself so she needed to push some of that off on to you. I wish you the best of luck and know you will succeed. You have lost soooo much already in a short amount of time. When I get depressed I try to tell myself how long it took me to put the weight on--hopefully alot longer than it will take to get it off!!!! Best of luck. Lisawin
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Nov-02-01, 09:35

BF:
Default hi Jessica

Sorry hun U are down but keep smiling...and be patient, U have the rest of your life to get your weight down. Just keep moving and drinking your water..lol. Im doing great here. I will say tho halloween was a test for me. I have never been eal tempted to cheat but looking at all those candies...oh my!! BUT I didnt eat any!!! Instead I realized i was just hungry and went and scarfed down some sausages. Just like everyone else I have to take this a day at a time......huggggg G
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Nov-02-01, 17:31

BF:
Wink I HEAR YA!!!!!!!!!

Lisa, your right about it taking a long time 4 the weight to come on!!!!! lol

Thankx darling

Good 4 u Gwil!!!!!!!! Keep eating the Sausages, (That's what I had 4 dinner last night!!! lol)

I was a bit tempted looking at the candy but I didn't eat any either. YEAH 2 ALL OF US!!!!!!!!!!!

kEEP UP THE GREAT WORK YA'LL

JESSICA
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-01, 16:00
Registered Member

Plan: sensible low carbing, no
Stats: 330/330+/190 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

well, I'm a carb addict too! I did wonderful on high protein for 2 months and then had to go out of town and stay in a motel to solve some family problems with my mom and adult kids (mega-stress) and the diet went out the window. It was so hard to figure what to eat when there was no facilities to prepare food. It's taken me a month to recoup and I'm back at it. I feel so much better when I eat high protein, but I still need to integrate exercise--I'm such a slouch. One thing I find helps my craving for fruits (I was a fruit and o.j. junkie) is a sugar free popsicle. It's 5 carbs but it does help--both the cool and the fruitiness. Also shredding the zucchini to make "mock hash browns" is terrific. The recipe calls for doing it in the skillet but I use the oven broiler and put extra grated cheese on top (also mix the required cheese and egg in to the zucchini before hand) It's kinda a life saver for me--staves off boredom. Welcome MochaGirl--i was once one of those two. LOL~~Bella
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-01, 20:39

BF:
Talking Yeah

Bella, I feel much better too on high Protien although it was very tempting to pick up some Peperidge Farm Cookies tonight in the store!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I didn't!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah

I completley understand about going out of town and blowing the Diet. It happened to me last year when I went away for the Hollidays.

But now I'm back on track.

Good Luck 2 u!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-01, 21:10
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 132/122/100 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Smile Thank You for welcoming with open arms

Everyone here is so sweet and so nice

sometimes during the day i just come here and read for hours.

and Moca your doing a great job honey! keep up the hard work!

my exercise of choice right now is walking...Me and my husband just had a new house built and i dont know alot of the people in my subdivision so me out walking serval times a day i get to meet people and i get to see all the pretty house's

I've never tried water aerobics but i sure love swimming next spring i'll have to give water aerobics a try.

I've only been on LC for 5 days and i can tell a difference already in my skin and my hair..my hair seems so shinning does anyone elses??

Moca honey,...always remember that set backs make us stronger and wiser people..and your doing great
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Nov-04-01, 08:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/204/140
BF:

Grrl--I haven't noticed a difference in my hair but I really notice it in my fingernails. They seem to grow faster and are healthier looking. I too, have trouble getting into the exercise. Once I do it I know how much better I feel, but finding the time is one roadblock. I am really going to try and get that starte this week! The zucchini hash browns sound very good. Do you know if that recipe posted here at Low Carb somewhere?

Have a great day
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Nov-04-01, 15:17
Registered Member

Plan: sensible low carbing, no
Stats: 330/330+/190 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Exercise--aaargh!!! Because I have fibromyalgia the walking is out of the question--but the excercise bike is set up in the garage so there really is no excuse. lol

I also avoided this list when I fell off the high protein diet but now I'm back and reading like a fiend. For the member who mentioned water aerobics--although I haven't done that, I do have a cousin who did and she swares by it as being a great way to exercise.~~bella