Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-14, 12:36

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%
Default Capetown LCHF Conference in Feb

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-15, 08:49

First link doesn't work. Here is the entire schedule of talks and experts for the First International LCHF conference in Capetiwn.

https://www.lowcarbhighfatexperts.com/cpd-program.html
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-15, 17:43

A schedule of the medical program:
https://www.lowcarbhighfatexperts.c...al-program.html
Public Day: https://www.lowcarbhighfatexperts.c...ay-program.html
Anyone can attend all four days.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-15, 10:37

Plan: Atkins, Newcastle
Stats: 260/221.8/165 Female 5'3"
BF:Highest weight 260
Progress: 40%
Default LCHF Conference in Cape Town

I've seen a number of references to this conference lately (it just ended) and it seems to have had a very good lineup - Taubes, Noakes, Eades, Moore, Phinney, Fung, Westman, et al. I'd love to see videos of the presentations but so far I haven't read anything about when, or if, such videos will be available. Anybody else seen any news on that?
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-15, 05:56

I've wondered the same. Parts of it was for medical professionals, so they may charge for the videos as course credit, but I hope not. Would love to see all the talks eventually be available on line.
Have you seen this FB page? https://www.facebook.com/lowcarbhig...encesouthafrica
And Dr Eenfeldt will have some interviews from it.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-15, 21:50

Email received from Dr Fung:

Quote:

I just returned from Cape Town, South Africa speaking at the world’s first Low Carb, High Fat (LCHF) Summit organized by Prof Tim Noakes and Karen Thompson. It was truly the best conference I have attended by far. There are several reasons for this.

First, the lineup of speakers was terrific. Everybody approached the issue from a slightly different angle and we all learned from it. For instance, I approached the issue of obesity and diabetes mostly from an insulin resistance standpoint. Dr. Gary Fettke approached it from a metabolic standpoint, with emphasis on cancer. Jimmy Moore approached it from a patient’s perspective. Dr. Aseem Malhotra approached it from a public policy standpoint. Dr. Andreas Eenfeld from an insulin standpoint. Dr. Jeffry Gerber and Zoe Harcombe from a cholesterol standpoint. Dr. Ann Childers from a mental health standpoint. Drs. Steve Phinney and Tim Noakes looking at the high performance athlete. Dr. Eric Westerman from a clinical standpoint. Dr. Jay Wortman from a native population standpoint. Christine Cronau from a practical management view. Dr. Robert Marwan from a bariatric physician standpoint. Dr. Michael Eades from a protein standpoint.

These were absolutely riveting talks and it was terrifically interesting to me to learn how all these different viewpoints all merged into the concept of proper human nutrition. All the speakers were clearly knowledgable, but more than that, deeply passionate about helping to change the world. The inspirational Prof Tim Noakes has been leading this charge in his home country of South Africa and wants to lead it across the world. For that, I congratulate and deeply admire him. Most speakers heard the bugle call and came at their own expense on their own time to lend a hand.

The main reason that I found it such a compelling conference was that throughout these talks there was one over-riding message. It wasn’t truly about LCHF nutrition. It truly wasn’t about type 2 diabetes. It wasn’t truly about surgery. It wasn’t truly about cholesterol. More than anything else, this was a message of HOPE. This was a series of talks that were about how to help patients take their health into their own hands. Type 2 diabetes is not a lifelong sentence. Cancer is not unbeatable. We talk about medicines, drugs and surgery as if they are about of health care. This is false. They are how we treat illness. Not how we stay healthy.

This was a conference about empowering people to understand, to learn, and to truly be healthy. We start with diet because ‘We are what we eat’. Hippocrates once said “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”. That is where we start. These are the seeds of the real meal revolution.

This was a conference about changing the world. Prof Tim Noakes started the conference with that pledge. We have only begun.

When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes.

The lectures will be available as an online summit. I don’t know the price, but it almost certainly be worth it. Look for more details to be available on the website at https://www.lowcarbhighfatexperts.com
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-15, 03:52

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

I hope they do not charge too much to listen to it.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-15, 05:31

BF:

Diet Doctor has some info on the conference:

http://www.dietdoctor.com/

Just a tease really.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-15, 07:35

Direct link to the YouTube video: http://youtu.be/swUKOd8j83E
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-15-15, 14:38

BF:

THe conference is now online. Access is $69 but if you access it through Diet Doctor it is $49.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/

I just watched the Gary Taubes video which is the best I have heard on why we get fat. I think, for me at least, this is going to be money well spent.

Jean