Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-08, 15:49

Plan: Atkins induction phase
Stats: 380/361/215 Male 6' 2"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Enough Food?

On a previous post I was asked if I was getting enough food because my loss was slow. I've read several posts that mention not taking in enough veggies will slow/stall weight loss. I was under the impression that less carbs = better. I was below 20g per day for my first two weeks. Is this incorrect? And does the 20g from veggies aid the loss?

Thanks,

Tom
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-08, 16:01
Kerry

Plan: WW/Atkins
Stats: 368/266.5/199 Female 5'1
BF:M.O./O/chunky
Progress: 60%

Atkins wants the base of your carbs coming from Veggies they are full of vitamins, fiber, nutrition, they are a healthy source of carbohydrates

We all vary on so many different plans, but in my experience if I don't follow the veggie rule, I lose slowly as I am consuming carbs(staying under or at 20) but not as healthy of carbs.

Your body needs a certain amount of nutrition and when you start starving it, you go into a starvation mode which makes your body hold onto every possible thing it can instead of letting things go...you don't want this...feed your body so that it can release those unwanted pounds!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-08, 16:14
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969thomas
On a previous post I was asked if I was getting enough food because my loss was slow. I've read several posts that mention not taking in enough veggies will slow/stall weight loss. I was under the impression that less carbs = better. I was below 20g per day for my first two weeks. Is this incorrect? And does the 20g from veggies aid the loss?
I find that veggies aid my weight loss. I think "no carbs" or "very low carbs" is fine for some people, as long as they're eating plenty of food in general. I just get very bored with my plan when I eat nothing except meat and eggs.

Another point to keep in mind is that, when you eat no carbs or very low carbs for a long period of time, you may find that you have to eat that way for the rest of your life. Otherwise, you risk regaining weight when you try to expand your menu to include a wider variety of foods.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-08, 19:14
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

It is possible that issues with veggies are more related to their nutrition than their carbohydrates. 20 carbs a day on lowcarb is just fine particularly during induction. Just be sure you follow the guidelines of the medical experts of lowcarb -- use supplements so your nutritional intake is as good as possible.

PJ