Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-14-10, 06:04

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 231/212/185 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 41%
Thumbs up P90X and low carbing?

Sorry this might have been asked before but....

I am a on and off low carber i guess, recently my new sport doctor put me on again, since low carbing as got a lot of meat to cure my anemia, now that this issue is dealt with i decided to stay on low carb variation, meaning that i still eat my berry mix not everyday but at least 3 times per week, i cut out sugar and caffeine as well, and i feel great.

My main problem when low carbing as that when i reach ketosis its hell for me, i get all the ill effect fogginess lack of energy and dizziness that does not seem to go away.

Now i remember weight lifting while in ketosis and having huge trouble doing so, virtually no pump, lack of energy and huge lactic acid build up.

Question is how do you people manage to do a program like P90X who is intense with some insane cardio and circuit training on a low carb diet.

I am really interested in doing P90X and sticking to low carbing trying to get to 180 pounds right now i am at around 215.

Also what rep range do you use, i usually stick with the 12 reps but when doing push ups and chins?

Thanks everyone.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-20-10, 20:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/180/175 Male 6'1
BF:
Progress:

i'm in 10th week of p90x (last phase, 3rd month). i haven't missed a single day and on the day of rest, i either jog or do my wifes cardio dvd.
i'm on atkins for 3 years now.
with the p90x, i used to do it midday because of work schedule so that helped with my energy but now i do it at night after the kids are in bed and its tough! i just finished plyometrix 10 minutes ago and that is no joke.

you should eat 5 small meals a day while doing this routine. I have been using the atkins shake as a supplement after the exercises.

i only had one issue and it was last week. i did the legs and back routine and really pushed the calf raises. that night 4am i awoke to horrendous charlie horse cramp in the calf. it was killing me for 4 minutes. solid as a rock. i didn't drink enough water and maybe didn't stretch enough. so drink plenty of water and for now on, on leg days, i will also look for a low carb gatorade for electrolytes. do the same.

bring it!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-01-11, 17:23

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 184.0/141.5/152.0 Female 66.25 inches
BF:35%/???/???
Progress: 133%

I did P90x twice in 2010, first I did the lean version then the classic. I did hit a wall while serious lowcarbing. I added shakeology and wow what a difference. i'm not trying to sell the product just letting you know what helped me. I would enjoy a chocolate shakeology about an hour before working out and yes it was amazing the difference. I also say you NEED 5 small meals a day while doing this program. Best of luck.