Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 17:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/224/195
BF:
Progress: 61%
Default New to site!

He all, I am knew to the site and received the suggestion I should introduce myself.

I have been doing atkins for 1 year 3months. I lost a total of 50 pounds. I started at 270...am at 220 want to be at 190-200. I have not lost any weight in about 8 months. Over the summer, I increased carbs and maintained my weight. But over the last 5 months I have been very strict with the diet and lost 0. I began running in September and got back to weight lifting. I began running about 8 miles a week and have increased steadily each week to where I am at now, 17. I want to run a marathon in the fall. My strength through weight training has increased also. I feel good about that but am still frustratd about the weight loss. I still have love handles and a stomach to contend with and really want to eliminate.

I have offered advice to many of my friends on this approach and they have been succesful. I love tis diet and will do forever. However right now I am frustrated.

Don
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 18:00

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Welcome...

Congratulations on your success so far....There are threads here about stalls that may be of help to you. Tweaking your plan may be just what your body needs as you have already added exercise too...Otherwise without knowing if you are on any meds and what your menus look like it is a little difficult to say...Have you seen the fitday site? Check it out and see if a couple days menus are 10-12x in calories = to your current wt.
http://fitday.com

The new Atkins also deducts for fiber count too! Which plan do you use?
I cut back on cheese, nuts and increased my water to 6 ltrs/day to get a 6 lb loss in Dec after nothing for 4 wks so each person is different...Hope the stall section helps.

There is also a "killer ab workout" in the Gym section it is AB Bootcamp and it is incredible...I'm not quite ready for that yet but hope to be soon! Might be just what your looking for! Seems like the last part of the journey is traditionally the longest due to slow downs but 5 months is a long time.

Keep us posted though it helps others too!

Bsayne

Last edited by bsayne : Wed, Jan-23-02 at 18:05.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 20:51

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Welcome Don

Hi Don, and welcome to the active lowcarber forum.

One thought strikes me. Have you measured yourself? It is well known that when you start a training and exercise program, you exchange fat for muscle for a while. Muscle weighs heavier than fat, but takes up less room, so you may find that you have lost inches but not weight.

Anyway, glad you are a committed lowcarber. Start up a journal, and we will will study your food menus to find other reasons for not yet losing the weight. I'm not sure exactly where you would need to situate your journal. Usually, it goes from the first letter of the first name (so mine is under "A") but i'm not sure about your symbol for number (in the UK we call this a "hatch"). Perhaps you ought to put it under the "D" section, for Don.

Andy
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-05, 14:41

Plan: Don't know. 15-20 carbs
Stats: 270/250/140 Female 5'4"
BF:40+%
Progress: 15%
Post New, also.

I don't even know how to post anything other than to reply.

d_biggest
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-05, 15:02

Plan: south beach
Stats: 310/310/238 Male 76"
BF:
Progress: 0%

you're with me! 1st time poster newbie - best of luck to you!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-05, 15:16
Registered Member

Plan: HARDCORE low carb!
Stats: 225/184/130 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hi Don!
You know, I have heard about several people kicking a stall with the fat fast..
I have never tried it, but next time my weight loss slows down, I am going to give it a try. Everyone who has tried it that i have spoke with said it fixed the problem!
Check it out in the DANDR book

-J-
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-05, 17:14

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

I'm pretty sure that Don "#1_Atkins" is no longer active with this forum (he posted this in 2002) but to d_biggest you can hit the New Thread button to create a new thread!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 08:22

Plan: Don't know. 15-20 carbs
Stats: 270/250/140 Female 5'4"
BF:40+%
Progress: 15%
Question How do I put my photo on here.

I really am new, and wet behind the ears. I don't understand how to do alot. I have had sites/journals at other places, but I don' think I saw where to put a photo to my posts here. Can anyone help me out? jcr1993~wmconnect.com