Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#106   ^
Old Thu, Sep-21-17, 05:16

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz, sorry the little one got sick like that! Hope he improves fast!

well I don't work except from home so my life was all about farming and we got up all the time around 3-4 am to work before it got hot or hit the markets to sell, so I am just an early person point blank now. Just how it now rolls

HI ALL
this is a quickie
massive sinus headache, last night up around 3 for pills, throbber and eye pressure, and this morning up at 5:30 for more pills! Sleep wasn't good at all , bleck
Swimmy head, eyes hurt, nose clogged and more.
storms around, cloudy etc. and I am feeling the storm pressure for sure!
ugh
gonna be a long day!

but great day to everyone who isn't in sinus trouble mess LOL
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Thu, Sep-21-17, 06:50

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- Bless your heart and big hugs to you. Rest up and I know you aren't a napper but maybe you could pull one off today.

Jaz- Aw, poor little GS! I used to get croup and strep a lot as a child. I have memories of my Mom having me in the bathroom with the shower running for the hot steam. It's scary when little ones are having trouble breathing.

That is GREAT news about Ava's weight. Really great news!! Is she still on O2? Have they said what weight they would like her to reach before she can go home? I felt strongly all along that she would make it into this world and I am thrilled that she has and is thriving.

How is the Tutu/Dalai Lama book going?

Sounds like the guy you talked to was super nice. Canadians generally are, IMO. Good folks. Funny though because if someone just started striking up a convo with me, I'd be more inclined to look at them like, 'I don't know you, go away and stop talking to me.' I've definitely become more of a Northerner in that way!

Kmom- that is so strange about the teen and the massage! That would have tensed me up in a split second too!

When do the cauli crusts come? I am eager to hear your review!

Blue- I do nothing but drugstore makeup too when I do wear it. I use a mascara by Maybelline I think, eyeliner by Cover Girl and a lip stain by one or the other of them. I also use a powder to reduce redness when I wear makeup. That is pretty much all I own, I think.

Glad you are getting some down time! You need it!

The WOE is going generally pretty well. Very very good on weekdays, somewhat less so on weekends, depending. I have really been enjoying shrimp this week in a multitude of ways, one of my favorites being with a quickly whipped up homemade alfredo sauce. Absolutely decadent and so fast and easy. Last night was tacos- I had about 1/2 cup meat with a bit of sour cream stirred in.

••••••••••••••

Yesterday was a rough day.

Got Sophie in to the vet on time and made it to DS15's school on time. Did pictures from 8:30-1:30 and on my feet the WHOLE time. That's a whole lot of standing! Came home and fixed some lunch, left 30 minutes later to buy a small shirt for Sophie to cover her staples/wound. Picked up DS15 and then went to the vet to pick up Sophie. She was OUT OF IT when they carried her out. The vet found a second growth under the fatty/benign one they were taken out and this second one did not aspirate clear. She removed it and it was deep into muscle tissue and down to the rib bone.

Sophie was a DISASTER. I have never seen a dog so messed up. Now I can tell you that it was more a reaction to the anesthesia than pain but holy crap, I have never been so scared about an animal before. She was either completely knocked out or delirious and screaming. And yes, this dog was screaming. It was horrible. And forget moving/sitting/standing. DS15 carried a mattress up for me and I slept on the floor with her Thank God by 2 AM she started to turn a corner and I got some water into her, then a little food, and a pain pill. From there she did finally stand and I gently got her outside, where she peed for the first time since the previous morning. She has not been screaming or crying anymore, thankfully, and did have water and breakfast this morning. She wouldn't pee but I'm okay with that- she can hold it a good while. At least she can walk and move now.

Needless to say, yesterday was physically and emotionally draining. I might sleep down here again tonight, the mattress is on the floor and ready, so we'll see how things go for her. I may take a nap too, later on, but usually I can't. These snoring pups may lull me into dreamland later on.

I did give the vet clinic a piece of my mind (fairly gently, but clearly) that it was too soon to send her home, and I was not well prepared for what to expect, nor did they provide the emergency phone numbers for me that I needed last night.
  #108   ^
Old Thu, Sep-21-17, 07:54

BF:

WOW Nicco that is so sad on your doggie! I am in a quandray now...I think Bolt has the anal hernia the vet said he might have and he is 'ok' but sits and acts 'just a bit off' regarding his bum and I know I have to take him for a true diagnosis now but I dread that surgery if he has to have it fixed! Just like you are going thru....and it was created I think due to his stomach surgery a while ago and vet said it could happen, so now it is like, oh crap, again and the dog is getting older (almost 7 or 8, hell have to ask the vet now lol) and I am kinda in that zone of do ya or don't ya kinda thing....reading that report was rough and I hope the pain pills work good for her! They don't know, ya know, and you just feel for them cause ya can't tell them what is really happening
tough stuff!
  #109   ^
Old Thu, Sep-21-17, 19:08

BF:

Thanks Trig. Luckily today has been SO MUCH BETTER. I really think that she must have been reacting to the anesthesia because she very clearly turned a corner at 2-3 AM and has been doing well since. She is walking around a decent amount, eating well, drinking well, and will go pee if I walk her around the yard on a leash. She even jumped up on her chair once, which really surprised me.

I pretty much stayed with her for the day, although once DS15 was home I went out and mowed the lawn, and went to the store. I'm sleeping down here in the family room one more night since my alarm will be set to 1:30 AM to give her the pain medicine. I think I'll be fine to get my CASA visit in tomorrow since she has been doing so well, unless something unexpected happens over night.

Catch up with you all tomorrow!
  #110   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-17, 07:00

BF:

Huh, Where is everyone?

Sophie had a good night last night. I slept down with her and she did really well. It was really more about me just being able to get up and get her medicine easily without waking myself up too much. Today the mattress gets moved off the family room floor.

She is doing well enough that I can fit my CASA visit in today, so that's good. I'm going to go to the daycare.

Tomorrow is a UMD football game- we are going! It will be hot though this week- I think at least 85 tomorrow. Sunday is an early Ravens game bc they are playing in London and then just downtime Sunday afternoon.
  #111   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-17, 07:30

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

TGIF- !!!!!!!

If there is one thing that will grab my heart it's dog troubles. My ol gal is either 8-9 I too have lost count! She has a lump under her breast bone. Vet said it was a lump of fat- but to watch it. Of course they offer to take it out. I won't put her through that.

Although she is too FAT- she has been slowing down over the last year and sleeps more. I will be unconsolable when she is not here with me. I can't even type that thought without getting tears!

Leeann- SO happy your fur baby is doing better. I went back to ready WHY she had surgery. I must have missed that one. I bet you were so happy when she turned the corner. Anesthesia is no joke in people or dogs.
So how long do you keep your CASA babies?

Yea I know what you mean about total strangers starting conversations. It took me a minute to get used to that in the south. People do that. Now I AM the person who starts random conversations.

Blue- I get a work from home day too! I do love those! We both win on that one today!
Glad you are on point today! Hope you are able to unwind this weekend.

KMOM- water 5/6 yesterday- ............ you have any plans this weekend?
Did those cali crust come yet???????? We all want to know!!!!

Lori- you back yet????
-----------------------------------------------
Noah is doing better but VERY HYPER due to the steroid, add Abuterol to that mix and give it to a 2 year old. HAHAH
My daughter is so tired. I offered t come Sat. And hang with the kiddo if she needs sleep. TBD-

I know- Ava is doing fabulous! Yes she is still on cpap 50% to keep her from getting tired. She has an eye exam on Tue- to see if there has been any damage.
So far so good!

So yesterday's party went VERY well. Both preg gals ended up with about 150.00 and gifts and lunch.
The other lady got a bunch of flowers and expensive FIT BIT. She was happy too-
Lunch was super- Salad and chicken- everyone had a great time.

AND- about 3 people brought ME gifts for AVA!!!!!! I was so touched! I face timed my DD to show her the cuteness gifts she was shocked- as was I!

On point with my WOE today!

Sorta irratated with myself. I lost my debit card! So when I called first thing this morning - to cancel it, the person who answered could not speak English. So after struggling for 5 minutes to even get her to pull up my account I hung up on her- and tried again. Lets just say 3 times was a charm- but by that time I was not a happy camper.

If you are going to serve as a call center- GET PEOPLE THAT SPEAK ENGLISH........ I will not get on that soap box. It could get ugly.
SIGH...... few days without my plastic. Means I physically NEED to go get cash. Cash is so dirty- I never carry cash.

Plus I am taking today to cancel all my tiny credit cards- and just keeps 2 big ones. I am still salty over my info being hacked.

Beautiful day here- will get out to walk my fur baby if she is up to it.
Also need to so some light grocery shopping.
Waters, hamburger, cabbage- not much.

I also think I will catch a movie later tonight or tomorrow. I got a gift card at Christmas and have never used it.

Ok - have a wonderful FRIDAY
  #112   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-17, 17:00

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Nic---So sorry to hear your dogger went thru so much discomfort. But you're my kind of loving dog owner. I'm sure sleeping next to her lessened her fears of what was happening to her. When they have their humans close by they are happiest under normal circumstances, and when sick it particularly reassures them. Like Trigsaid, the worst is not being able to explain to them what's happening.

YAY that she's recovering nicely.

Trigger---You poor darlin'. You get those sinus infections too often. I've only had one in my life and it was SO miserable. I hope you are feeling better now.

Jaz---I had one of those massages once. They called it a pressure point massage and it was supposed to relieve areas prone to aches and pains. It was painful when it was being done, really sore when it was over, and didn't improve a dang thing, except I was glad when it stopped hurting. NEVER again. I go for the nice relaxing massages, firm but not painful. BTW, a hot rock massage is the best one I've ever experienced.

More cheers for Ava, but holy moly, I bet your daughter is exhausted. Still healing herself I'm sure, not to mention what she's been thru w/Ava, and now a 2 year old on steroids. Yikes.

K-mom---So I found some lavash bread in the freezer today. I had totally forgotten about it. fried some up, covered w/grated cheese, sour cream and some Taco sauce, folded each one in half and DELISH. I got stuck on the TJ's LC bread for a long while there, that wasn't as LC as we thought. Did half the slice of lavash - 4 NCS. Back in business.

Thurs. water 3/3, Friday water, 4/4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday ended up being super busy, and had plans to have dinner at a pal's house. Lucky me, she's LC and a fantastic cook. Made a fab Shrimp Louis and crab salad w/hard boiled eggs, avocados and crisp green beans. Yummy dressing. This is another GREAT thing to do with shrimp and crab.

Today I allowed myself a FULL FLOP day. Didn't step out of the house, stayed in my jammies all day---totally comfy cotton draw string bottoms and tank top. Read my latest book, and then switched to TV to watch "The Time inbetween" on Netflix, a charming story of a dressmaker during the Spanish Civil war. Beautifully shot, and takes you from Madrid to Tangiers. LOVING the part in Tangiers which is a gorgeous exotic city we have visited. Fun to see it depicted as it was in the 1930's.

Then a nice little nap, and here I am to report in. Whole day was like a great massage for my stressnoids.

Been on plan all week since the popcorn extravaganza last Saturday. I am relieved that I'm snapping back on plan like I used to much better than it looked like I was headed for awhile there. Back in the saddle.

Ribs for dinner, side salad if I want it. Not particularly hungry this minute, so might just chew the heck off those rib bones w/my fave Guy's LC BBQ dressing---love that stuff.
  #113   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-17, 18:45

BF:

After such a LONG stressful week- I ended my work day at 430- made some chicken stir fry and took a nap from 6-8- just too tired to stay awake. Now its 845- will walk the dogger and shut things down. I am listening to my body that is screaming sleep.

Just hope to not get up at 430 like I have been doing all week-
Personals in am-
totally good in WOE-
Sucking in water today 2/6
Till I post in morning- jammies on
  #114   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-17, 19:00

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quick post.

Just very tired today. Busy all day and then worked with the young Tibetan girl for over an hour tonight. I try to keep it update to keep her engaged. So I was shot after that.

Will do personals in morning.

No Cauliflower crusts yet. Hopefully soon!

I have the RAO sauce and pepperoni ready! Need to pick up some mozzarella cheese at TJ's. Plus want to try chips and guacamole.

One net carb per slice. Unbelievable!

Now to see if it tastes as good as most of the reviews said!

K-Mom 10x4
  #115   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-17, 19:01

BF:
Progress:

Upbeat, not update!

Will catch up on Water Hounds tomorrow also.
  #116   ^
Old Sat, Sep-23-17, 06:23

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue- I am having your day yesterday today! I need it for my stressnoids too! I'm also in pull string jimmies. Plus I am sitting here in my "nest" on the floor. Pulled my comforter and pillows off my bed and put them on my rug in the living room. I am surrounded 3 sides by my couch's. I brought in oversize pillows and my dogger and coffee. He is where I plan to stay most of my day.
Reading, Netflix, maybe a nap- so comfy.
I may check out that movie- Love those 1930's movies. reminds me of the grandparents!
I hope you are revamped from your awesome day! Do you just love the nowhere to be, nothing that HAS to be done!

What does the rest of your weekend look like?

Leeann- Enjoy your game today! Are going to take tailgate food? Game are all about the food right?!?! HAHAHAH- Enjoy yourself. Love the fact you get a beautiful day to boot!

KMOM- you are soooooooooo a cliff hanger! Seriously ...... you have all your ingredients and I am thinking as I am reading you are going to tell us how it was......But NOOOOOOO....... Keep ya posted...
I get tired... oh boy do I. When you are a giver like you are, you must remember to give back rest to you!

Trig- I don't know what is going around- but everyone I talk to seems to have some sort of sinus thing going. I think it is the change of season. Some type of pollen or something. Even though it's still warm- the trees know it's time to change.
Hope you are feeling better.
What are you doing today? How is the kiddo?

Lori- Are you Back????????? Details!
------------------------------------------------------
There is something about nesting that just calms me right down. I love it when I get the chance to spend my day that way. Everything in arms reach. But surrounded by softness and pillows, covers, and the day is mine.

Plus I bought a beautiful beef pot roast- that I will put either low and slow in the oven or IPOT. I am thinking oven. I love the smell. I will toss in a couple carrots for flavor for the doggie- and some onions for flavor. I need to good the best way. I want the melt in your mouth pot roast. Not over done. Not my Momma's hocky puck roast!

A little laundry- if I feel like it- otherwise it will be there tomorrow.
I will most likely browse Amazon for a few supplies.
time for another cup of coffee......
Totally on point today.......
  #117   ^
Old Sat, Sep-23-17, 07:42

BF:

HI ALL
my wallet is alot thinner, hubby got his truck. Not 'too bad' and I say that with a sarcastic sick feeling with what prices are today!! 65K truck down to 55K so we got it and he is in hog heaven for sure of course. 3500 Dodge Mega Cab with 6.7 diesel. Maximum Steel color, nice. VERY long day at dealership about 2 hrs away....and road construction and 5 pm friday work time home...what a friggin' mess but since he had the new truck he didn't even bat an eye at the traffic.....me, drove me insane

AND my car took a hit. I washed my computer key in the wash in my capri pants. geez...$240 for new re-set keys with it. The horn started immediately and it would be loud and then chirp....and then locks would lock and unlock themselves..won't stop and hubby had to finally disconnect the battery. what a pain! In shop now, can't get it cause he is working and I am using our backup farm truck right now. Hubby is SO pushing me for new vehicle. I saw a few, not bad in the 20s...so thinking I might but I just got burned in the wallet, can I do it again? omg ya know lol....I figured he would spend tons of bucks in a day if I croaked, it was never me thinking I would be writing those giant nasty checks if I was alive...haha---I tell ya...well I won't cause it is a rant and I ain't going there...I have to just accept it cause it is hard for major frugal me to do just that LOL

head still weird. better but still in a weirdo pressure zone. can't think kinda and it annoys me alot. just waiting for it to LEAVE and believe me I know when it breaks and I am on the mend, not yet tho.
great day all
  #118   ^
Old Sat, Sep-23-17, 07:47

BF:

Sounds like a lot of people got a rest day either yesterday or are having one today. That's good. We need to center ourselves that way when we are burning the candle at both ends.

So nice that you got gifts for Baby Ava, Jaz. Love that!

Sophie dog is doing better. She was blocked up and clearly needed to poop but wasn't so after talking to the vet, I put some pumpkin in her food last night and SUCCESS this morning! She is still reluctant to potty in general- pees 1-2 times total in 24 hours- but I'm assuming that is the pain meds. I am going to skip her middle-of-the-night dose tonight as she is several days out now and I want to wean her down. Or maybe I'll just start halving them.

Football game today at UMD. Won't see much of my boy though bc he'll be in the student section and DH and I (and DS15, if he stays with us) have set seats. I will be wearing my big Australian style hiking hat- looking like a dork but hours in the sun? Nah!

Kmom- get some rest today. You've been busy!
Trig- Hope you are feeling better.
Blue- Glad you got your rest day and a nice dinner with an LC pal.
Jaz- Enjoy your nest!
Lori- Are you back?
  #119   ^
Old Sat, Sep-23-17, 07:57

BF:
Progress:

Good morning, everyone!

Jaz: Sounds like a great day! Love how you explained the "look" of you sitting in the living room! Hope you get replenished and rejuvenated!

Trig: Yikes! That is a ton of money! But happy husbands are great. I can just see him sitting in traffic with maybe a little grin on his face! Hope your full head clears up soon.

Nic: Hope you have a great time this weekend! Hope it is not too hot!

Lori: We are all anxious for details!

Blue:
  #120   ^
Old Sat, Sep-23-17, 11:06

BF:
Progress:

Obviously that post ended without me wanting it too!

Blue: Glad you spotted the LB in your freezer! It is still a staple for me. I do a ton of things with it. Many times I just take a fourth of it and add some Havarti cheese and put in in the microwave to soften the cheese. YUM! I wrote down the way you did it. That sounds yummy too...frying it, grated cheese, sour cream, and taco sauce!

The Cauliflower Crusts just arrived! Wow, cool packaging, at least.

Hard to fit the boxes in my freezer. Got four in and took the fifth out of the box.

Will let you know how they taste!

K-Mom 10x4
Closed Thread