Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 05:29

Plan: Atkins 1972 Induction
Stats: 228/137/138 Female 5' 4"
BF:What body fat??
Progress: 101%
Default Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group # 3

Looks like our thread got closed due to our high number of posts!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 06:07
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Thanks Rosebud for making a new thread for us!

Holy Hannah, we are a bunch of posters!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 06:08
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Okay that was weird, a double post from me, but I "fixed" it!

Hey Bonny you gonna post the A '72 Rules of Induction so we can direct people to the beginning of the thread for those or shall I???
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 06:13

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

BONNY-JEAN - As for my episode yesterday, there was no reason for it. My tests all showed I was perfectly normal and healthy. No problems with the electrolytes either. This particular condition is caused when the regulator nerves in the heart kind of short circuit. The top part of the heart started beating wildly and out of control. Normally this can re-set itself on its own, or by using a variety of methods, such as bearing down as if pooping, or holding your nose and trying hard to blow out of it until your ears want to pop. But they did not work for me and I needed an injection of this drug that tends to stop the heart for a second or 2, then the rhythm normalizes. It is NOT life-threatening for a normal person, but has a tendency to re-appear without warning. Sometimes daily. I have always had minor palpitations and flutters with my heart - it is a common thing. But this episode was different, and was scary. The ER Dr. assured me I was OK, but I need to follow up with my regular Dr. and I may need to wear a monitor for a while. I will set up my appt. tomorrow.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 06:14

BF:

JUST JO - YES! post the rules!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 06:14

Plan: Atkins 1972 Induction
Stats: 228/137/138 Female 5' 4"
BF:What body fat??
Progress: 101%

Original Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution Bantam edition / September 1972

Not sixty grams of carbohydrate on this diet but zero grams and not net. During the Induction Phase on this diet, you cut your intake of carbohydrates down to what is biologically zero.
1. Don’t count calories
2. Eat as much of the allowed foods as you need to avoid hunger.
3. Don’t eat when you are not hungry.
4. Don’t feel you must finish everything on your plate just because it is there.
5. Drink as much water or calorie free beverages as thirst requires. Don’t restrict fluids… but it is not necessary to force them either.
6. Frequent small meals are preferable.
7. If weakness results from rapid weight loss, you may need salt.
8. Every day, take a high-strength multivitamin pill.
9. Read the labels on “low-calorie” drinks, syrups, desserts. Only those with no carbohydrate content are allowed.

(Sometimes a single stick of chewing gum, or putting milk in your coffee could put you right back to level one by upsetting the new chemical balance in your body. Yes, even that much carbohydrate can turn off your fat mobilizing hormone.)
Meat: Steaks, Corned beef, Lamb chops, tongue, Hamburgers, Bacon, Any kind of meat in any quantity—except meat with fillers such as sausage, hot dogs, meatballs, most packaged “cold cuts”
Fowl: Duckling, Turkey, Chicken, Anything with wings, No stuffing
Desserts: Gelatin with artificial sweeteners
Condiments: Salt, pepper, mustard, horseradish, vinegar, vanilla, and other extracts; artificial sweeteners; any dry powdered spice that contains no sugar
Drinks: Water, Mineral water, Vichy, Club soda; Beef or Chicken broth, bouillon; Sugar free diet soda; coffee*, tea, decaffeinated coffee Heavy Whipped Cream or Unsweetened Almond or Coconut milk only.
Fish: All fish, including canned salmon, tuna; any kind of seafood, including oil-packed and smoked, except oysters, clams, mussels, scallops, and pickled fish
Eggs: Boiled, fried, scrambled, poached, omelet – any style and without limitations
Salads: Two small green salads a day (each less than one cupful, loosely packed) made only of leafy greens, celery, or cucumbers and radishes. Dressings with vinegar, oil, salt, dry spices, herbs, grated cheese, or anchovies. Or else a sour pickle in place of a salad. Plus… green olives. (Check carbs on spices to make sure it is zero).
Butter & Mayonnaise Fats: Butter, lard & mayonnaise (fats have no carbohydrates).
Cheese: Four ounces a day of any hard aged cheese. No cream cheese or cheese spreads.
Heavy Cream: Four teaspoons a day. (Cream has less carbohydrate than milk – so don’t use milk)
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 06:22
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaney
Such a true statement Jo. No need to go else where & talk bad about hard core or get hurt! Some of us just need that hard core way of eating, that's just the way it is. There's all kinds of support on this board everywhere you go.
Support is one thing enabling others is another which is not at all supportive or very helpful... a topic for another day, my friend!

Onward, ↓ DOWNWARD & MAINTENANCE 4ever!

Jo
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 06:23

BF:

Hello Everybody! I hope we can all find the new thread without a problem!!!

Today I have another decent .6 lb drop. And with this loss, I have FINALLY gotten below what I was at the beginning of the month! By .4 lbs!!!!! If I am lucky, and no more stalls or fluctuations occur, I may be able to lose a couple more lbs before the end of the month. Only 6 days to do it, but I will be the optimist today and say "I can do it!"

I was so horrified at the thought of having to report a gaining month this time. Now that, too, has passed. PLEASE NO MORE FLUCTUATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

I sure hope everyone else can report a loss today. Well, except for our weekly weighers, that is!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 06:23
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

BTW I'm responding to posts from our part deux thread... Just letting you all know!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 06:29
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Thanks for posting the A'72 Rules of Induction, girlie!!!

Post # 2015 from part deux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean
Whirrlly: I don't think we have to 100% eliminate "real" foods for the rest of our lives, especially in maintenance. If a person has zero control then that last line is mute I suppose but I believe anyone can have a little potato or any other veggie or fruit and be okay. I, personally will probably never have a banana or corn again cause they are the worst of both groups but I'm confident that anything eaten within reason and portion and not everyday will be okay for most folks.

Anything other than fats, meats and eggs I consider a "treat" so I don't overdo the amounts I try. I can eat one Lindt truffle and walk away for a day or two, even though there's a bagful in the fridge. I guess I'm just one of the very lucky people that can do that, well from what I hear from others anyway. I think for all of us who stayed and can stay in Induction for months on end, that in itself shows the tenacity we have and how strong we really are!!!
Wow I’d say you are one of the lucky ones, I know you directed this post to Whirrlly but I couldn’t help commenting!

I know I am not the ONLY one here that has portion control issues...just my cross to bear eh?

Last edited by Just Jo : Sun, Feb-22-15 at 06:59. Reason: Cause I can! LOL
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 06:47

Plan: 72
Stats: 220/168/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Morning! UGH..back to 170.0 this AM. I had a steak yesterday so I figured this would come I have no idea how many ounces but it was a healthy one. I split it in half and ate it for two meals than had a four chicken wings in the evening. Also I know I have been drinking waay too much artificial sweetener at the hospital. I am fighting off the urge to snack out of stress and boredom so I'm having extra diet soda. I know it doesn't effect some people but I believe it does me.

Paulette - so great you will show a loss! You and I are inching our way towards this goal Bikini season here we come!

Now I've gotta go to the other thread to see what everyone else is up to.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 06:49
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Post # 2016 from part deux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
I absolutely agree. people need to add back what will work and not hurt them. for me personally I am one french fry away from total collapse. they are my monster. now funny thing is I would eat 1/2 a banana in maintenance. it is absolutely not a draw for me. I could eat a piece and be fine with it, enjoy it and not give it a second thought.
Any of those addictive, insidiously toxic, poisonous killer carb-age foods would unleash “Fat Jo” cause I know me so well. I have no self-control when it comes to eating carb-age ~ I truly am a recovering morbidly obese carb addict to the MAX.
Quote:
I got that weird personality that if you give me certain things, and an example is that one chocolate truffle, I would be in that entire bag in a heartbeat. I am serious that I would eat every single one to be sure that bag was empty and gone out of the house. WHY I have that strange rotten outlook on how I treat food, I have no idea? I wonder if I can change that?
I’m right with you there, Whirrlly! If you ever figure out if we can change “it” let me know, cause I’m all ears ~ but I think you hit the nail on the head...it’s the carbs especially those addictive carbs!!!

Jo

Last edited by Just Jo : Sun, Feb-22-15 at 06:57.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 06:56
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Post # 2020 from part deux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
...Sigh. So yes I drank it and drank another 3 which annoys me even more because I paid for those myself!!! See what I mean about either being on plan 100% or off 100%?
I feel your pain Rev and I KNOW exactly where you’re coming from. My past eating behavior would have been, yeah I screwed up so I might as well go all the way and screw up royally!

Funny how that little lying piece of FAT trash (Fat Jo) whispers those enticing things in my head... like you, I was either all in 100% or off plan 100%.

I know the secret for me is to NEVER eat/drink anything off plan cause it spells disaster for me and I can’t control my “fat carb creature!” **heavy sigh**

Wishing you much success on your Monday weigh-in... May the Scales be with YOU!

Jo
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 07:01
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
Today I have another decent .6 lb drop. And with this loss, I have FINALLY gotten below what I was at the beginning of the month! By .4 lbs!!!!! If I am lucky, and no more stalls or fluctuations occur, I may be able to lose a couple more lbs before the end of the month. Only 6 days to do it, but I will be the optimist today and say "I can do it!"
Huge Congrats on the loss, Paulette...you are rockin' this! Weeeeeeeeehoooooooooo!!

May the Scales be with YOU!!!

Jo
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 07:06
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neener86
Morning! UGH..back to 170.0 this AM. I had a steak yesterday so I figured this would come I have no idea how many ounces but it was a healthy one. I split it in half and ate it for two meals than had a four chicken wings in the evening. Also I know I have been drinking waay too much artificial sweetener at the hospital. I am fighting off the urge to snack out of stress and boredom so I'm having extra diet soda. I know it doesn't effect some people but I believe it does me.
Don't worry about the scale, it can be so evil especially since we know we're eating 100% on plan... just give it a swift kick and move on! Cause you seriously have this and you'll see results as you well know!!
Quote:
Now I've gotta go to the other thread to see what everyone else is up to.
other thread? Hey is MG there have you heard from her at all???

I miss all of our MIA Warriors...wish they'd pop in and say Howdy so we know they are well!

Jo
Closed Thread