Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 18:00
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%
Question Tae Bo

Hi Everyone!!! I need some help. I want to start working out and I need them. I am looking for the complete set of Tae Bo video tapes so I can workout at home. I live in Toronto and I tried Wal Mart, The Bay, and Sears and none of them carry them. Does anyone know where I can get the complete Tae bo video tapes in Toronto.

Also, Has anyone used them? Are they very good?

Please help.

red
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 19:51

Stats: 151/135/130 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%

I'm afraid I can't help you on where to find them (have you looked about ordering online?) but I can give you a quick review. I've used them off and on since they came out.

The introductory video is just a step-by-step explanation of the moves. You'll likely only watch it once so if at all possible, borrow it from a library or from someone else. It's helpful but really not all that necessary. You could probably do the workouts without having seen it. The Basic workout is the one I've done the most. It's only about 25 minutes and I feel like it's a fairly good workout for me (I'm not in all that great of a shape!). Once you can do that one without much difficulty, you can either add on the 8-Minute workout tape to the end of it to increase your time or move on to the Advanced workout tape. I've only done that one a couple of times and can barely make it through it. It's very intense and my goal is to get to where it's not so tough anymore.

I really like the tapes...but like all tapes, they can get a bit boring after a while. Doing the same exact workout over and over and listening to him say the exact same thing over and over gets old over time so it would be good to have some other tapes to alternate with just to keep it interesting.

Tricia
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 21:55
"Natural Mystic"

Thanks Tricia. Hopefully someone from Toronto will respond too so I know where to purchase them.

red
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 03:21

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I got mine at Zellers (do they have Zellers in Toronto??)

I have the exact same thing to say as Tricia but will add one little suggestion.

I "mute" Billy Blanks (sorry, Billy!!) and play my own high-energy music instead. Right now, I play Eminem (I know, controversy...whatever). Gets me so full of energy I can go the distance!!

Good luck on your search!

N.

ps--careful with those jabs, had elbow pain for a few days when I overextended my punches!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 19:06
"Natural Mystic"

I tried Zellers, the Bay, Sears, Wal mart. They did not have any. Wal Mart promised to try to get it for me. I hope they can.

red
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 03:07

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Try video stores! I saw them here at Rogers video (one of biggest video chains out this way). Maybe blockbuster, etc. Worth a shot...

Nicole
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 07:12
Registered Member

Stats: 184/167.5/145
BF:
Progress: 42%

I love Tae Bo!! I think Billy Blanks is wonderful. I've got it on DVD from the Walmart I work at.

Jzruns
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 07:32

Stats: 245/224/189
BF:
Progress: 38%
Smile

Hi there! A couple of years ago I was fanatical about TaeBo...I recieved a new tape every month. You can go to his website and order them (I think you can anyway) Try Taebo.com

I currently work out to The Firm...but started throwing in a TaeBo every once in awhile to shake things up!

#9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 01:23

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

Did you try their website? They might have a link to locate a store that sells it...

Or why not just buy em on the internet? Could even get them off Ebay...
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 01:53

Stats: 163.2/156.6/143.3
BF:
Progress: 33%

OK

this is the second time I read this post and this time, I am joining in...

First, I do love TaeBo but would never really have the same kick I get in a class at home. I guess I lack discipline when it comes to things like that. I have tried many classes by now and whenever I feel it is not what I expect, I just either quicken the pace or increase the strength in my moves (ya! yiii! bam!! you do not want to be in front of me when I kick!... well, I may slip and crush you with my body. yaaa!!)

Second, this is the second time I hear of "The Firm". Now apart from that movie with Tom Cruise or the HipHop album from Nas and his crew, I am unaware of such fitness (is it fitness?) prog.
what is it really?

<b>Red1Cutie</b>, As regards to buying tapes, I also suggest Amazon.com I just checked and they have several tapes/DVD
However, eva123 would probably go to the video store and check if they had it on DVD. then go home and copy the thing!! Can you imagine buying tapes all the time? <b>ZukieDuke</b>, how much did you put into this? I am sure each tape is virtually similar with a couple of different moves, or different combinations..

No matter what, this exercise is great. I love everything that combines different styles (booxercise, circuits training...)

Ciao.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 12:38

Plan: BFL
Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%
Progress: 5%

Red,
try www.half.com (it's run by ebay) You can get almost everything for about half retail price.
I did a search for Tae Bo and here's what I got..
http://half.ebay.com/search/search....rmat=&x=12&y=12

(hope the link works!) There's a 4 video set for $31.95
can't beat that...

Sheri

ps-I have the 4 tape set and it's really good. It's a great, tough workout. I did get tired of the same old thing though, so now I do The Firm religiously instead! Here we go again...
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 12:41

Plan: BFL
Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%
Progress: 5%

Slim shady- hands down the best name on here! (I love Eminem) and the cutest picture of any I've seen... In case you change it anytime soon I'm talking about the dog with the thing on his head!
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 17:53

Plan: Schwarzbein and Zone (love Dr. Weil too!)
Stats: 155/146/145
BF:???
Progress: 90%

QVC.com has tons of Tae-bo tapes. Some of them you can only get there. They have great deals. That's where I got my Tae-bo tapes.
Carole
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 09:35

Stats: 240/184/140 Female 5ft 4 inches
BF:lost track
Progress: 56%

Ok, I just bought Tae-bo tapes today. I wanted
to get something interesting to do cardio. I have
been using the old Bowflex....I am getting
definition. Woo hoo. (Batwings be gone!!!)

I was in a tussle between the Firm and Tae-bo.
I think I will get both since I like variety or
I will get bored.

I also have a friend who is doing the Winsor
Pilates and she says she enjoys them. She
said it is very "relaxing". Her personality is
way different than mine. I want something
that is going to pump me up so I went
with Tae bo.

I would really like to know how it goes with you
when you get the tae bo tapes. If anything
we can encourage each other!!!

Have a blessed day!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 12:11

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

I had purchased all of the tapes last year and my oldest daughter was using them and I haven't seen them since. She has no clue what she did with them, but because I did purchase them, I felt no compunction about downloading them and burning them to a cd to use on our DVD player.

The quality isn't that great, but they are definately useable.

L