Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 06:38

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Tuesday June 8

Welcome to the Protein Power Pals daily thread. All are welcome that are using, considering or curious about this WOE. We also welcome friends using other LC WOEs to drop by for some friendly conversation and a large glass of water.

I am at 174 lbs this AM - not bad considering my eating lately. I did manage to eat my usual LC breakfast and an LC dinner. In between I snacked on nuts and PB While this was fairly LC, it is high-cal and missing enough veggies to be healthy. I'm going to try to force myself to eat a normal LC lunch today. I'm also not drinking nearly enough water.

Elaine (ewinpa):
Just keep doing a little each day and your stamina will return. It does take a while, but it does happen.

I did change the avatar in honor of my departed great-grandduaghter. It will be up for a while before I return to the animated avatar.

Songberrie
WTG re: 3 mile walk. I got in a .7 mile walk - all I can do right now due to the injured toe. The nail is about to come off and it hurts (pinches) every time I take a step. I still can't wear regular shoes.

Hope you enjoy the new book.

Therese (shrubie):
Thanks for the prayers. Mac is a cutie and a little fighter.

Hope TOM is behaving better today.

Have fun at the Zoo. Sounds like you have an exercise program as well. I need to follow your good example.

Shelley (Lissette)
What are you doing exercise and eating wise these days. You were considering changes when I left.

BawdyWench:
Sure is good to see you. I have been doing some hit-or-miss reading here and in your journal. Glad you have someone posting in the journal whose life seems to paraellel yours so much.

Saw your post re: Sundays. Know the area you live in is somewhat rural, but I'm betting the area has some special interest clubs or groups. With the way you love to read, a book discussion club springs immediately to mind. Having a social life is an important part of having a life. Sometimes it takes a little work to get one going, but I can't imagine with your wonderful wit and sense of humor that you will have much trouble developing some social friendships once you get to meeting people who are interested in doing the same. Does your newspaper print a listing of club meetings? If not, try contacting Welcome Wagon or a Newcomers group. They often know what groups exist and who to contact.

Your description of buying pastries sounded all-too-familiar from when I began going through menopause. I'm with you re: mindset being the biggest determining factor on whether we give in to cravings or not.

simplydawn:
Thanks for the prayers. Did you get the office space you were praying about or do you know yet?

I have paged both Rob and Chamellie. Maybe we will hear from them soon.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 07:53

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Orang.Good to hear Mac is hanging in there Sorry your foot is still an issue.

Thanks for the encouragement.I was able to do some weight training this AM before breakfast. Only 3-8 lbs but it's a start. I think I read on the hystersisters.com board that some people still felt really tired after 5-6 months. I don't feel wiped out but miss the extra energy to get my butt moving when I come home at night.

Has anybody been watching the Low Carb show on the Food Network? The chef is George Stella. I see it on Sundays at noon. He has a forum and I went out on it to post a question about the grill pans he used on a recent show, I figured someone on the board would know what kind he used. Well lo and behold, the man himself jumped on the thread and gave me some info. That was fun!

Later guys, I need to work.
Elaine
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 07:57
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 268/257/150 Female 68
BF:39%
Progress: 9%
Post Whoo-hooh!

Yesterday's weigh-in was a 2-lb loss from last Monday. Keep it up! Going to Curves, then coming back home to do P90 and Pilates. Already did my several variations of sit-ups (200). Feeling a little energetic! Whoo-hooh!

Have a good day, everyone!

Cindy Q
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 08:35

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Congrats to Cindy (waterangel) on the 2 lb loss! Sounds like you have a serious exercise routine going - WTG.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 10:20

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Renee, thanks for the ideas. I have looked into community groups, but they always meet in the evenings -- the worst times for me. I often don't get home from work until 7:00 or after, and the last thing I want to do it go back out again.

I'll give it some thought, though.

Glad to see you're getting back into the swing of things, too. Take care of that toe!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 10:57
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi y'all, youse guys, mates, comrads, chicks, homeys, everyone!

<<~~ just covering all bases

Gosh, if I don't exercise for a few days, I can feel the difference, so Elaine, I can imagine how you must be feeling after surgery..and you too Renee having to slow down cause of that darn toe!

I remember after my hysterectemy, being very frustrated with how long it seemed for me to get back into the grind. This is a more complicated surgery than meets the surface glance, ya know.. there is so much connected with this area of our bodies as women..emotionally, hormonally..and then some..that it is VERY important to be nice to yourself.. caring and loving for months to come...

Water 'baby'...... (grinz) whats P90?

#7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 10:59
Flutterby

BF:

working on my THIRD steak, since bawdy informed me that the one I posted doesnt count...

Speaking of steak, off to make some lunch.. hmmm..what to have..what to have!

Last edited by simplydawn : Tue, Jun-08-04 at 10:59. Reason: orange font hard to read
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 11:00

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone Sorry I have been MIA for so long. Work is beyond crazy The only reason I have time to post this is b/c I got stuck up covering the main office I can't get any work done up here so I can catch up a little on posting.

All is well on the food front and have been keeping up on exercising. Don't feel like I am losing anything but I can see that I am really toning up. I would still like to drop a little more but it is stubbornly holding on.

Glad to see everyone is doing well
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 11:10

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Orang - ooh, a sore toe is the pits! I've done in several toes, they just seem to have a mind of they're own sometimes, walking into furniture, etc.! I hope it heals ok.

Cindy - congratulations on the weight loss!

My dh and I went to the chiropractor yesterday afternoon. We had to take the kids because our oldest was on his trek. They were great though. My dh took us to a Chineese buffet that had a Mongolian Barbecue. Oooh, it was so good! I also had a nice salad too, and came out stuffed. The kids, 8 and 6 didn't think they'd like it, but now they want to go back again!

My dr's appointment yesterday morning was for nothing. The dr said he only needs to check my thyroid once a year, he said the weight loss wouldn't effect it. Weird, the nurse told me he wanted me to come in. He also told me not to LC for very long, he said bread is the staff of life! I told him I'm a starch-o-holic, and that I'm doing very well without it, thank you very much! Geez, it's got to be better to get the weight off for health reasons than to continue eating starch! Oh, well, I don't care what he says, it's not like he has any background in nutrition, LC is my WOL now!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 11:20
Flutterby

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Walker Songberrie
.... He also told me not to LC for very long, he said bread is the staff of life! ....

Singing that above to the old sitcom, Facts of life theme song......

He was probably talking out of his own a..#$$...ddiction as well..lol..

::Now now..be nice dawn ::::::::::::

Last edited by simplydawn : Tue, Jun-08-04 at 11:21. Reason: yes, font screwy again..lol
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 12:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Tuesday

Hi everyone!
Just making a quick run-through to see how everyone is doing.
Renee, hope things continue to look up for your grandaughter, her fiance, and new precious baby. So sorry about the lost twin. And sorry you're having to go through such a rough time right now. Take care of yourself!
I am currently staying at my Mom and Dad's house to care for my Mom who is in the final stages of cancer. Dad is 82 and not much help with things so I am head nurse as well as chief cook, housekeeper and general morale booster. I've lost 10 lbs. since coming here 4 weeks ago.
Hope everybody is doing well. I'll try to check in whenever I can.
Kat
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 18:34
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 200/165/140 Female 65
BF:more than needed
Progress: 58%

Hi everyone back from the Zoo. Ohhh what a day!!! It was 89 degrees out and humidity of almost the same. I brought along lots of water bottles to drink. We walked for hours in the sun. Thank goodness for the occasional shade and breeze (even it is was warm, the air was moving). The kids had a great time and acted like the heat wasn't a problem. We saw almost everything. We had great fun watching the sea lions swimming up to us under the water. The kids just squealed. Oh, to have the energy of the kids. I know I got my exercise and water in today. The best thing is 2 of the kids are totally out for the night, now I just have to convince their brother he is tired too.

DH had a late meeting added tonite. It took almost all my energy to make dinner for the kids and myself. After being in all the heat I really don't have much of an appetite.

Song, as my friends tell me, the are 31 flavors when it comes to doctor. Their are starting to be alot of doctors who are admitting they might be wrong about LC. Anyways, keep going LC is a healthy way and your doing great!!!

Elaine, haven't seen the LC on the Food Network but I know that Dana Carpender is involved in running it. I love her LC cookbooks. I have her newest one on BBQ and she will have another coming out called 500 more LC recipes. Lots of great recipes in them can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

Cindy, congrats on the lose!! You are a member of a great bunch of losers!!!

Got the first handful of fresh strawberries out of my garden. Ohhhh were they good. I can't wait for more to come in. I want to go and pick some at the strawberry farm. I hope to freeze some up for winter.

On my way for a nice hot shower and then crash. Have a good night.

Therese
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 18:37
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 200/165/140 Female 65
BF:more than needed
Progress: 58%

Kat, I keep your family in my thoughts. You are doing a labor of love for your Mom. Therese
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 20:06
Flutterby

BF:

Zoo: sounds FUN! I enjoy going to the zoo.. and we used to take each foster child on at least one trip to the zoo, or the game farm/water park.. .Do you know I havent been to the ATLANTA zoo YET? hmmm, maybe next Monday if hubby gets the day off.. good idea!

Love and Laughter,
Dawn