Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-04, 00:45

Plan: Protein Power - Eades
Stats: 213.5/213.5/155.0 Female 5' 6 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I like the idea about planned cheat. If you plan something you are really missing perhaps you can get right back on. The down side, as others have said, is getting back into LC mode again. I'll have to give this some thought. Perhaps once a week would put me back to square one too often. Hang in there everyone
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-04, 01:26
Atkins on the Beach!

Plan: high fiber/low glycemic
Stats: 245/224/150 Female 5'3"
BF:have/no/idea
Progress: 22%

Hey, all! I am right there with you on the back and forth and up and down of trying to eat better. I'm agreeing with much of what I've read here. I've only been doing LC for almost 2 months, but I think I'm starting to see some patterns w/ folks who are in stalls and those who are losing in spite of not doing this perfectly. Don't throw rocks . . . but I really do think it comes down to calories. Not being obsessed with them, but just keeping an eye and giving it some thought.
I started using FitDay (being honest and entering everything I've been eating for the last week or so - even the bad stuff) and even with some junk - my calories still often come in lower than some who are doing total LC - 20 carbs or less and are stalled. And I have lost 7 lbs since the 14th! (I didn't get a scale until the 14th - so don't know for sure what I started at) I've been basically trying to do 40 carbs or less per day during the week and then allowing myself a few higher carb foods on the weekend. I sure don't think I've solved this whole puzzle, and I have a long way to go yet, but at least for now it seems to be working for me.
Also on the times I blow it - I try not to beat myself up and make it a whole day of blowing it - just an isolated event - a bump in the road - and get back up, dust off and hop back on the wagon.
Preparation is my other killer. Heading out to work without any LC food almost ensures my failure - or that I go to McD's (right across from my office) and have to face resisting the fries, shakes and the bun that comes with the double cheeseburger that I CAN eat and still be LC - or opt for a salad.
Ok, I've rambled enough here - hang in there - we can do this together!!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 13:43
Registered Member

Plan: No plan right now
Stats: 148/146/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Trishw1213, where are you????? Did you start induction today???

I didn't....... I know, I have NO willpower. Maybe tomorrow. Until I make up my mind to do this, I'll just be fat and gassy.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 14:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/155/140 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

sobxlady:

No, I didn't do it today either. I did make up my mind though to keep calorie counts in mind and stop being so reckless. Just because I'm not on the plan doesn't mean I can just go hog wild and eat anything and everything. Other posters have really put that in perspective for me. That's the pattern that made me overweight in the first place, so no matter what plan one is following (if any), moderation and self-control is key. I want to get back on LC very soon, but until then I'm going to be more aware of what and how much I'm putting into my mouth. Yes, maybe tomorrow! Good luck!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 14:22
Registered Member

Plan: No plan right now
Stats: 148/146/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%
Red face Maybe tomorrow???

Who am I kidding??? I know I won't start back tomorrow. There's no need to start anything until one's mind is made up to do it properly. That doesn't describe me at all these past few weeks.

I'm going to sign up at Curves on Wednesday and see what happens with that. I hope that if I can get my energy level up some, I'll be more motivated.

Good luck to you, as well!!
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-04, 10:59

Stats: 169/152/125 Female 5'00"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Well ladies, it's the thought that counts right? I think you are right you just really need to be ready, and when you are I'm sure you'll do it, especialy for health reasons. I am on Atkins, and as I just start jumping back into things, I feel really great! Went for 2 mile walk today, and still feel good! Do you take any vitamins? Maybe that would help? Me , I'm a vitamin freak, I take all those recommended in the Atkins book, and found they really did give me more energy as I was LC. Good luck to you!
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 12:35

Stats: 171/154/110 Female 4'9"
BF:
Progress: 28%

The best advice I can give you is to look at old pictures of yourself when you weren't as thin and think about how UNHAPPY you were. And the next time you're eating something you shouldn't, ask yourself if that small moment of having something nice in your mouth is worth YEARS of unhappiness. Going through life wishing you were someone else. Knowing that you spent all that time working so hard and now you're just throwing it away. Think how hard you'll have to work to get back to where you are now if you keep on giving in.

All that time could be spent enjoying life instead. Stop treating yourself with food. Food is just fuel for your body and that's how you MUST see it. Start treating yourself with some of the better things in life.....

I hope this is motivation enough.