Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 22:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/168/??? Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default ephedrine hcl help please

I've read on this board that while diet supplements (stacker 2, ripped fuel etc etc) containing ephedrine are now illegal, that you can still buy Ephedrine hcl in order to creat your own "stack."

Can ayone tell me where in the U.S. I can buy this and also, what the other ingredients are (I know caffeine is one) and the ratios?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 00:03

Plan: Intermittent fast/Lowcarb
Stats: 251/199/180 Male 5 ft 10 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

#3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 06:47
Registered Member

Plan: just low carb
Stats: 238/211/190 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

If you have any kind of heart condition such as even slight hypertension or you are going to do cardiovascular exercise in the heat please do not use. It can lead to MI, stroke, and heat stroke if taken. The stack was not banned on a whim. It is only one carboxyl group away from methamphetamine (speed).
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 15:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/168/??? Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default ..

Thanks to both of you, especially for the warnings.

Is it not a good idea to do cardio at all while on ephedrine? I plan on lifting 3 days a week, and cardio 3 times a week (25 each session).
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 21:23
Registered Member

Plan: just low carb
Stats: 238/211/190 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

In all honesty I would avoid it altogether. In my mind the risks outweigh the benefits, but that is just me. Make your own decisions but be sure it is informed.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-08-04, 10:02
Registered Member

Plan: CKD
Stats: 285/220/190 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress:

Ephedra (Ma Huang), not ephedrine is illegle. I think the reason basically is that ephedra was used to aid weight loss, while ephedrine is used for temporary asthma relief. People wanted to lose weight faster, and were taking too much, causing heart complications, etc. While no one is going to take 6 servings at a time of ephedrine hcl to clear up a cough. Actually though, ephedrine hcl is way more potent than ephedra. If you want a great fat-burning stack, take 25-50mg of ephedrine hcl/1 bag of caffienated green tea/ a big cup of coffee/ an asprin/ and 1-1/2 serving of yohimbe. Or go to just about any gas station and if you look at the front, there are tons of energizing products, including ephedrine hcl. Make your own cocktail. Week by week, alternate different ingredients while keeping the ephedrine hcl to keep the body alert. Also, be very careful. Start off with lower doses, then gradually work your way up, i cant emphasize that any more. Only take the ephedrine for 3-5 days per week, and 1-3 times per day. Then after a month, take a week or two off, just so you dont build a high tolerance. Once again, please, please be careful!!!! Good luck!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-08-04, 12:43
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I love doing cardio on ECA. I'm over 40, and I've used the stuff for about 3 years. No problems at all. But I don't take very much - try it in low doses for a bit to see how your body reacts to it.

The biggest reason ephedrine problems get a bad rap is that ephedrine is used to make crystal meth. Take away the supply, and it makes it harder for the meth labs to obtain the raw materials. More people have died from ASPIRIN than ephedrine, but it IS a drug, and every drug is part poison. For me, the benefits far outweigh the risks, but like I said, I've had no problems with it. Start small, wait a bit, and see how your body reacts. Just like any other drug.

And I don't believe for a MINUTE that it was removed from the shelves for health concerns. If this was the case, cigarettes would have been removed DECADES ago.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Aug-08-04, 19:07
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

<insert usual health disclaimers here and emphasize them> I love ephedra. I love the strength and endurance it adds, and how it helps open my lungs (asthmatic)

I get the vasopro from that bulk nutrition store listed below and take one with a 200mg caffeine capsule. If you decide (do your research) to take it, start with half a tablet, or if you're sensitive to stimulants you might even want to start with a quarter tablet and go for perhaps 100mg caffeine instead of 200.

I'd recommend taking it ONLY for exercising/your workouts. It's easy to build a dependency (cough) and use it the same way that most people do cups of coffee. Ifyou decide to take it all the time, don't exceed 2-3 doses per day. 3 is a lot.

If you make your own stack the eph. and caff. is all that is needed... other common ingredients include: green tea, b vitamins, other vitamins and minerals. I'd say IF anything add the green tea and take an excellent multivitamin.