Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-17, 04:24
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Smile Tuesday, 24 October 2017

Happy Tuesday, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

When someone tells you “it can’t be done,” it’s more a reflection of their limitations, not YOURS!
~ unknown
Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I can hardly believe that October is almost over! Where did the time go??? Holy HANNAH! Winter/Christmas Break is right around the corner...

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO, so cool on your wedding. Sounds like a very nice time.
I absolutely hate the 'special occasion it is ok to splurge this time' comment...ugh...they don't get it and never will! Only thing you can say in your mind is you don't have my food issues so you have no idea how horrible that sounds to me
But you got thru fab and glad you ate when ya needed! All that dancing made you hungry
Have you ever noticed that the ones saying "it's okay to splurge" are the ones that probably NEVER had a weight problem or a carb metabolic processing disorder???

Nothing anyone says would ever make me eat off-plan. To be perfectly honest with you, I don't give a flying fig what they think or say!

at "all that dancing made you hungry!" Probably but it had been 30 hrs since I last ate... so it was time!
Quote:
hubby in sleeping, last of his days off, work tomorrow but not sure, he is not walking well and says his back is bad still...hmmm omg we might have to start Drs again!! We did so many MRIs already and no help on it. I think the only thing is go to DUKE Uni. and get complete workup if he really wants to know what is going on at this point. I bet it is a few things, old fracture to his back, his hip?, sciatic nerve has trouble, his neck is twisted up and his shoulder has some burr thing in it....put that all together and you get a big mess on your hands LOL
I tell ya....
Sorry to hear that Tony isn't up to par! Hope you guys can figure out what's wrong and mayhaps find something to alleviate his back pain. Does he go to a chiropractor?

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
The card game we played is called hand & foot and is played with 4 or 5 decks of cards. Really a fun game!
Thanks, I'll have to google it and see if I can find the instructions!
Quote:
Our dinner last night was edible but not as good as I would have fixed it oh well, he tried! He left a huge mess in the kitchen, ack...I left it to see if he'd clean up after himself, but so far he hasn't. How long will I be able to leave the mess? I don't know....
Sorry to hear that you're dinner wasn't as good as you would have made it. Don't get me started on the "he cooks and makes a mess in the kitchen" thingy. I remember Ed would do the same thing & not clean up. So I'd basically tell him to just leave the cooking/cleaning to me! It was so much easier that way to be honest! Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm...
Quote:
Nothing much going on right now. Just hanging out. Need to go do some clothes shopping this week to get ready for my next trip. I expect it to be cold & rainy.
I hope it's not too cold and rainy every day on your trip to see your girls!
Quote:
Hope everyone is having a great Monday!
Mine was terrific! Really needed a mental health day off... but I did chores!

Berni: Where the heck are you, girlie? Hope everything is going well!
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-17, 06:17

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

De ya had me laughing. Luckily when hubby cooks he cleans everything, but what is funny is he cleans what he uses, like if there is a few glasses or a couple plates in there before he cooks, he doesn't touch those? WHY in the world would he do things like that? Does he not see them? I mean really!!!!!! Crazy but hey at least the bulk of it is cleaned LOL

Just edible? HA HA of course you could have done better LOL

JO, I love that blue afghan. I can picture a little kid in that sweater! Those are all nice. Some kids are gonna make out down the line when ya get them finished!

So true, the ones who say splurge got food under control, they will never understand. they can't! they are not us who go out of control!

Mental health day!! Smart ya take a day when you need it.

HI Bernie! Hope all is going well.

HI ALL
big big storms last night. they passed. hubby said a small tornado touched down in the county but not bad....over fast.
Have to mow but everything is sopping, that will have to wait.

skies clearing as is my sinus head

Kinda a do nothing day. Little of this and that and roll thru it easy.

Kiddo has 2 hr delay for school. bus doesn't come til 9:30. She is thrilled. Alot of schools lost power last night so they just delayed for just in case.

Got nice pack of pork chops for dinner
got a big old bacon/cheese omelet lined up for late brunch when hungry

all good here and hope everyone has a fab day
  #153   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-17, 10:48

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Morning..

Finally...a clean kitchen again DH finally cleaned up THIS MORNING after I left to take my DGD to daycare. OMG I decided I wasn't going to touch his mess, but next time to wants to cook a meal (which isn't too often) I'm going to tell him he can ONLY cook if he cleans up too, otherwise leave it to me. It's easier if I do it all myself! Lol..and tastes better too! Of course I don't mention that!

Today is a tuna day for me. That's all I feel like having. Maybe some greens later.

There's two types who tell you to splurge. The ones who don't have a problem and then there are the ones who do have a problem, but want you to join them being bad!

I just cooked up a big batch of ground turkey for the dogs. They are spoiled!

It's a nice day here, our high will be 82. The area I just left on the CA coast is having a heat wave and will get up to 100. So happy we missed that! My brother is complaining... they aren't used to such hot days and don't have air conditioning.

Have a great day Jo, Bernie and Karen...plus anyone else who reads this.
  #154   ^
Old Wed, Oct-25-17, 03:05
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Wednesday, 25 October 2017

Happy HUMP Day, WARRIORS!

Wishing all of you a totally wondrous Wednesday in every.single.way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

You’re always ONE decision away from a totally different LIFE!
~ unknown

2 months until Christmas Day, can you believe it???

Karen:
Quote:
Luckily when hubby cooks he cleans everything, but what is funny is he cleans what he uses, like if there is a few glasses or a couple plates in there before he cooks, he doesn't touch those? WHY in the world would he do things like that? Does he not see them? I mean really!!!!!! Crazy but hey at least the bulk of it is cleaned LOL
That's funny that he ONLY cleans what he messes up... but you're right, that's weird! Maybe he thinks, I didn't mess those up, not my problem???!!! Hey at least he cleans up his mess!
Quote:
JO, I love that blue afghan. I can picture a little kid in that sweater! Those are all nice. Some kids are gonna make out down the line when ya get them finished!
Thanks!
Quote:
So true, the ones who say splurge got food under control, they will never understand. they can't! they are not us who go out of control!
Exactly spot on!
Quote:
Mental health day!! Smart ya take a day when you need it.
I have over 30 days I need to take or LOSE before I retire... and Imma only allowed to take 6 days a year before it AFFECTS my evaluation! Stupid right???
Quote:
skies clearing as is my sinus head
Imma glad your sinuses are clearing up! Don't you also suffer from seasonal allergies???
Quote:
Kiddo has 2 hr delay for school. bus doesn't come til 9:30. She is thrilled. Alot of schools lost power last night so they just delayed for just in case.
That makes sense! She's probably not the only one thrilled about the delay!

De:
Quote:
Finally...a clean kitchen again DH finally cleaned up THIS MORNING after I left to take my DGD to daycare. OMG I decided I wasn't going to touch his mess, but next time to wants to cook a meal (which isn't too often) I'm going to tell him he can ONLY cook if he cleans up too, otherwise leave it to me. It's easier if I do it all myself! Lol..and tastes better too! Of course I don't mention that!
Imma glad he finally cleaned it up! But Imma right there with ya, sista, about "leave it to me" b/c like you, it's easier, faster (and in your case) tastier to cook and clean up ourselves!
Quote:
Today is a tuna day for me. That's all I feel like having. Maybe some greens later.
Mmmmmmmmm tuna! Haven't had that on my radar in a good long while...
Quote:
There's two types who tell you to splurge. The ones who don't have a problem and then there are the ones who do have a problem, but want you to join them being bad!
You're absolutely right as always! There really are those TWO TYPES!
Quote:
I just cooked up a big batch of ground turkey for the dogs. They are spoiled!
but they're your furbabies they deserve to be spoiled!
Quote:
It's a nice day here, our high will be 82. The area I just left on the CA coast is having a heat wave and will get up to 100. So happy we missed that! My brother is complaining... they aren't used to such hot days and don't have air conditioning.
WOW no AC? That really must be miserable for them! We're slowly dropping in temp around here.

Supposed to be 70 today, almost 80 tomorrow and if I believe the weather peeps we're dropping to 60 on Fri, Sat and Sun; then back up to hi 60s, low 70s...
Quote:
Have a great day Jo, Bernie and Karen...plus anyone else who reads this.
Thanks and you too!

Berni: Come out and play with us... hope everything is okay b/c it's so not like you to be off the grid like this... I worry when any of you don't post...
  #155   ^
Old Wed, Oct-25-17, 08:01

BF:

DE, no ac and near 100...yikes. I can't survive like that and I would be complaining right along with your bro

I can't wait to hear what kind of retirement plans are starting to fall into place!!

JO, yea, seasonal allergies along with the sinus from storms. I can tell ALL the time when the pressure is dropping from an approaching storm. My head goes wonky and I know it is coming LOL Worse for me is the fragrances (essential oils) I use in making my natural goat milk soaps I sell. I do this from home, biz is big and NOW I AM CLOSING it down after 15 yrs. I got stores I supply and customers freaking out but I don't care. I am done, but when I work with those oils the smells like Eucalyptus etc. just kill my sinus to no end. I think when I stop the biz at the end of Dec. I will be less and less of a cloggy head person for sure HAHA

A few good years ago I started working with Earth Fare and Whole Foods to supply soaps for their stores and it is a long process to get in those doors, but hubby looked at me and said, YOU ARE ALWAYS working toward early retirement, DO YOU want to really do this and I thought about it and said NOPE
So I am holding the biz to see if kiddo wants to go down that road later in life...we shall see, she might be a natural goat milk soap mogel HAHA But I am closing cause I am tired and done with it.

Not taking days effects your evaluation? Yes crazy and I never understand corporate. I worked in corporate and the waste and crazy was very active....lol...the more they tried to 'be efficient and steamline and 'do things correctly' the more screwed up they became. I was so happy to leave that world behind me LOL

HI ALL
kiddo off school
straight A kid here and she said the teacher did not mark her IXL (or whatever they are) journals into the book and she did not make her '9 wk celebration' for a trip to bowling today. She wanted to stay home so I said cool. I said you gotta tell teacher and she said, no, grades are submitted and locked and not worth it so I said, whatever I grilled her a bit about did she do what was required and she screwed up or was it really teach who screwed up, I gotta say I believe her about how it went down. She ain't got it in her to lie to me HAHA In fact she is still sleeping now lucky kiddo

sheets, pillowcases and all that jazz day for me here.
boo.
sunny and nice. might just be a cruise thru easy day. not in the mood to do too much.

hubby to work. went to chiro out of sheer desperation. new guy cause old guy never helped him much and this guy focused on his hips and aligned him better.....so far he likes him we shall see. ALL those yrs of chiro did nothing truly for him but now he is desperate to find another guy who might fix him, so far so good and see where it goes.

everyone have a fine day
  #156   ^
Old Wed, Oct-25-17, 15:18

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors,

I posted yesterday thought I saved but must not have.

Monday and Tuesday have been crazy. My car doors would open so back to dealer. Monday took colt to a doggie neurologist since he still having seizures at least once a month and on a high dose of meds!
Lordy the poor doggy will never be better the best we can hope for is seizure once a month lasting on a minute!
De.... Tuna sounds delish I have been adding cucumbers and jalapeño.
Jo... I here and I swear I posted yesterday but forgot to save.
Karen.... what a fabulous business you have. I can see the stress and don’t want that freedom when retiring.
Lately I am so tired I keep thinking it is time.
Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself!
We have a freeze advisory tonight holy Hannah winter is here!
  #157   ^
Old Wed, Oct-25-17, 15:21

BF:

Okay I checked my post here
  #158   ^
Old Wed, Oct-25-17, 15:22

BF:

Sure do miss the forum when I don’t post
  #159   ^
Old Thu, Oct-26-17, 05:07
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Thursday, 26 October 2017

Happy Friday Eve, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

We met for one of two reasons: You’re either a BLESSING or a LESSON!
~ unknown

♫ ♪ Tonight is our first concert of the school year. It's always great fun to share what the students have learned with their parents. The music director likes to keep the concerts down to 1 hour which is fine by me b/c it makes it a super long day anyways (a 13 hour day at work)!

We are going to perform Ode to Joy, Peace Train by Cats Stevens and Radioactive by Imagine Dragons... I know the parents will be impressed by how much their kiddos have learned in such a short length of time!

Karen:
Quote:
JO, yea, seasonal allergies along with the sinus from storms. I can tell ALL the time when the pressure is dropping from an approaching storm. My head goes wonky and I know it is coming LOL
You're like a human weather forecaster! Sorry that the change of pressure etc affects you though. I always feel really bad for you when allergy season kicks in b/c I know you're suffering!
Quote:
Worse for me is the fragrances (essential oils) I use in making my natural goat milk soaps I sell. I do this from home, biz is big and NOW I AM CLOSING it down after 15 yrs. I got stores I supply and customers freaking out but I don't care. I am done, but when I work with those oils the smells like Eucalyptus etc. just kill my sinus to no end. I think when I stop the biz at the end of Dec. I will be less and less of a cloggy head person for sure HAHA

A few good years ago I started working with Earth Fare and Whole Foods to supply soaps for their stores and it is a long process to get in those doors, but hubby looked at me and said, YOU ARE ALWAYS working toward early retirement, DO YOU want to really do this and I thought about it and said NOPE
So I am holding the biz to see if kiddo wants to go down that road later in life...we shall see, she might be a natural goat milk soap mogel HAHA But I am closing cause I am tired and done with it.
Wow sorry to hear that you're gonna stop your soap biz at the end of the year. Imma sure your customers are bummed!

Everyone fancy soaps! I know I do esp as gifts for other people!

Well, if your DD ever decides to be the Queen of goat milk soaps, she knows who she can tap for info etc!
Quote:
Not taking days effects your evaluation? Yes crazy and I never understand corporate. I worked in corporate and the waste and crazy was very active....lol...the more they tried to 'be efficient and steamline and 'do things correctly' the more screwed up they became. I was so happy to leave that world behind me LOL
Yeah, if we take more than 6 days off a year we get serious points off our evaluations... but get this, they give us 10 days a year.... 6 sick days and 4 personal days... it's a racket for sure! Of course, if one has a serious medical issue etc, that doesn't affect their evaluation, which is quite "human" of them to do that...
Quote:
kiddo off school
straight A kid here and she said the teacher did not mark her IXL (or whatever they are) journals into the book and she did not make her '9 wk celebration' for a trip to bowling today. She wanted to stay home so I said cool. I said you gotta tell teacher and she said, no, grades are submitted and locked and not worth it so I said, whatever I grilled her a bit about did she do what was required and she screwed up or was it really teach who screwed up, I gotta say I believe her about how it went down. She ain't got it in her to lie to me HAHA In fact she is still sleeping now lucky kiddo
Personally, I'd contact the teacher and ask WTF? okay maybe not that exactly! But I'd wanna know why the teacher neglected to check off her journal... b/c it could happen again...
Quote:
hubby to work. went to chiro out of sheer desperation. new guy cause old guy never helped him much and this guy focused on his hips and aligned him better.....so far he likes him we shall see. ALL those yrs of chiro did nothing truly for him but now he is desperate to find another guy who might fix him, so far so good and see where it goes.
Wow I hope the new guy helped Tony! B/c nothing worse than debilitating back pain!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
I posted yesterday thought I saved but must not have.
No worries b/c you posted and that's all that matters!
Quote:
Monday and Tuesday have been crazy. My car doors would open so back to dealer. Monday took colt to a doggie neurologist since he still having seizures at least once a month and on a high dose of meds!
Lordy the poor doggy will never be better the best we can hope for is seizure once a month lasting on a minute!
Gees, you're having the worse kinda luck with your vehicle! Hope everything is fine now!

Sorry to hear about Colt! When I was a teenager, our family dog got hit by a car and had seizure too. He took anti-seizure meds the rest of his life...
Quote:
Lately I am so tired I keep thinking it is time.
I think you're tired b/c you have two full time jobs...
Quote:
We have a freeze advisory tonight holy Hannah winter is here!
OMG it's not WINTER yet.... hope it doesn't come too early for you there!
Quote:
Okay I checked my post here
Yep you posted!
Quote:
Sure do miss the forum when I don’t post
We sure do miss you when you don't post, my dear friend!

De:
Hope you're doing well! I know you've got another trip happening! When are you leaving to go see your "girls?"
  #160   ^
Old Thu, Oct-26-17, 09:43

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good Morning..

It's good to hear from you Bernie, sorry to hear you have car troubles and that your dog is still having seizures.

We're having a good week here weather wise...I plan on getting some yard work done today.

I met up with a friend yesterday and had a good conversation. We worked together for many years and she recently retired.

Have a great day everyone & Warrior on...
  #161   ^
Old Thu, Oct-26-17, 14:23

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Another crazy day DSS has horrible tooth ache. He must be premediicated prior to seeing dentist. Otherwise could get heart infection. Me and Makayla just got back from taking him to dentist looks like a bad root canal. Dentist did some grinding to relieve pressure. We were there at 12:30 just got out now. Lordy going to get him home and then Makayla!
Jo.... Have a terrific time at the concert with kiddos! I luv those I always leave them so happy!
Karen.... sorry about sinus problems. Luv those speciality soaps especially for gifts won’t but them but sure enjoy getting them. Your DD has a future business venture she could do when older that is awesome!
De...so glad you got to meet up with coworker and have a great time. I just recently met my old boss for lunch who just retired after her husband passed this April. Still in morning but she looks 5 years younger. Definitely retirement agrees with her!
Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #162   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-17, 03:29

BF:

Bernie, ohh so sorry about DSS and Colt with the seizures. when it rains it pours sometimes. too much 'bad' around and it can drag ya down. Hang in there
Your retirement time is coming. Time flies as you know it seems the older we do get LOL
Your car doors open? omg. Seems ones disaster after another but that will turn for you I hope!

DE, seems so many of us are talking or nearing retirement now Next great adventure of our lives I guess

JO, the concert sounds great! I love that Radioactive song
Yea, that little 'human' concept in business! Very little of it lately it seems 10 days off and after 6 you are 'charged' for it against an evaluation...go figure! In fact someone should challenge that actually cause in the end it is just stupid HAHA

HI ALL
the kiddo's school has something going around.
they are starting to drop like flies.
SO FAR we are good but kiddo is super duper tired and hubby said he doesn't feel great....but nothing dramatic so far and I am good so? Fingers crossed it doesn't come into this house HA

Nothing big doing
just this and that as usual
TOO COLD for my old bones already. Fall, nope, to me it is winter now also HAHA

everyone be good and have a fine day
  #163   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-17, 05:30
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Friday, 27 October 2017

Happy Friday, WARRIORS!

WOW! This is the last Friday of October! Holy Hannah!

Wishing each of you a totally FAB-tastic day in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

The trouble with not having a GOAL is that you can spend your life running up & down the field & never SCORE!
~ Bill Copeland

Concert Update and more...

♫ ♪ OMG the concert literally ROCKED! All the parents seemed to be impressed with how their students performed. Not only my guitar kiddos but Band (Adv & Beg), Orchestra (Adv & Beg) and the choir!

Yep, the band director had it down to 57 mins! PERFECT!

How cool is this Our middle school and our elementary school on base are getting recognized for being top notch academically statewide! I can't remember our middle school's standing, but it's like 2nd or 3rd academically.

Our governor, sec of Ed and other dignitaries are coming next Friday to recognize us. And guess what? The district wants my guitar kiddos to play the Star Spangled Banner and one of the songs from our concert! We'll rock 'em with Radioactive!

I think it's too freakin' funny since the district gave my principal grief over the summer about me not being "highly qualified" to teach music since I don't have a "music" endorsement (I never took a music class in my life)...

I think I mentioned that this would be the last year I am allowed to teach guitar... it's not like my class is posted as a music class, it's posted as Independent Study: Guitar... whatever! Pfffffffffffffft!

My principal is still trying to get them to explain WHY Guitar class couldn't be labeled Independent Study since there's no clear cut definition of what that encompasses! That's b.s. bureaucracy for ya, right? But I totally understand since technically, I don't have the "book learning" to back me up. Almost 50 yrs experience doesn't cut it!

Hey it's been a great run... this is my 9th year teaching it and I've had over 300 guitar kiddos over those years... Imma grateful I had the opportunity to share my love of the guitar and music with each and every one of them!

Topic Change: WOW all the Warriors POSTED! That's totally terrific!

De:
Quote:
We're having a good week here weather wise...I plan on getting some yard work done today.
Hope you got your yard work done early so you could just chil-lax and take care of YOU!

Our weather has been nice all week long too, but today it's taking a nose dive into the hi 50s/low 60s! But Imma soooo ready for truly Fall-like weather!
Quote:
I met up with a friend yesterday and had a good conversation. We worked together for many years and she recently retired.
Nice! Imma sure she's very impressed with your weight loss and even more so, on you maintaining that loss!
I know WE Warriors are! Woot! Woot!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Another crazy day DSS has horrible tooth ache. He must be premediicated prior to seeing dentist. Otherwise could get heart infection. Me and Makayla just got back from taking him to dentist looks like a bad root canal. Dentist did some grinding to relieve pressure. We were there at 12:30 just got out now. Lordy going to get him home and then Makayla!
Gosh, your poor DSS just can't cut a break can he???

He is soooooooooooo lucky to have you there to help him get to his appointments etc!
Quote:
Jo.... Have a terrific time at the concert with kiddos! I luv those I always leave them so happy!
Thanks! Great time was had by all as far as I could tell!

Karen:
Quote:
JO, the concert sounds great! I love that Radioactive song
It's a cool song esp the way I've arranged it!
Quote:
Yea, that little 'human' concept in business! Very little of it lately it seems 10 days off and after 6 you are 'charged' for it against an evaluation...go figure! In fact someone should challenge that actually cause in the end it is just stupid HAHA
Thought about challenging it BUT and this is a BIG BUT (not as BIG a BUTT as "Fat Jo's" ) as it stands now, our evaluations do NOT affect our salaries... KWIM? So it's hard to protest it when it doesn't affect anything but numbers on a sheet of paper. Does that make sense??
Quote:
the kiddo's school has something going around.
they are starting to drop like flies.
SO FAR we are good but kiddo is super duper tired and hubby said he doesn't feel great....but nothing dramatic so far and I am good so? Fingers crossed it doesn't come into this house HA
Oh man, it is that time of year for sure! We've got strep throat going around... nasty...nasty...
Quote:
TOO COLD for my old bones already. Fall, nope, to me it is winter now also
OMG if it's too cold already, you're in big big trouble! Maybe time to move south???? Or out west where it doesn't get so stinking cold!
  #164   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-17, 06:07

BF:

JO I hear ya if it doesn't effect the MONEY But they can use that to 'do a search' of those who offended and those might be the first to leave if they need to ditch people, so in a way that crap can go against ya, but like you say, why rock the boat when ya know you are on the 'who gives a shit' time in your life since retirement is on your doorstep....let the younger ones challenge to help themselves now LOL Life is busy, the younger ones have more energy to get a handle on this stuff and roll with it, for me personally being older I handle what is on my own plate now HAHA

Move more south....darn right I want to LOL
I told hubby put it up for sale and go but kiddo freaked out. wants to finish school here now, which I get and will concede now. bleck!

Can you video that radioactive song when they play and we can see it somehow? I would love love love to watch that performance. No pressure, if ya can't I get it.....cause there is a BIG thing about posting any pics of school kids etc on the net or more and we had to sign all kinds of crap about the 'techno and electronic' age crap here and posting on social media and pics etc.

In fact I got a school call about a guy in a white van around 30-40 being 'at some kid's bus stops' in my area. Freaked me out big time. So far nothing but police are investigating they said and I told kiddo, ANY one approaches you, you run and scream like crazy HAHA.....but she gets on the bus right in front of our home so no problems on that one.

I tell ya life is freaky now....I don't like it one bit. I know it was freaky before but ya didn't hear about it as much or it wasn't in your face but now it seems on your darn doorstep at every turn.....ugh

Strep...oh crap they will be dropping like flies at your place also!!
  #165   ^
Old Sat, Oct-28-17, 03:29

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Just got home from babysitting the grandkiddies DD and DSIL has a Halloween 🎃 costume party with friends! Brrr it is cold here in the Midwest! Going to walk Magnum and head to bed.

Jo.... So happy to hear the concert went well. What an honor and achievement for your school with its high scoring academic excellence!

Karen.... Truly is a scary world out there. DSIL was just telling me that a disgruntled employee was in his building with a gun. It was resolved without incident but these are crazy times. My DD use to check the sex offender registries but started to get freaked out at how many were truly in her area and surrounding communities. I told her you just have to be always vigilant and always careful all the time!
Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!