Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-08, 09:49
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

Thanks. I was wondering if I was the only person in the "don't worry about it and catch up later" group.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-08, 10:22

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I could never, ever, get the full protein amount at breakfast. Well, I did for the first week or so that I was doing PP but I felt horrible and very quickly got bored with my meals. So I'd eat less protein at breakfast, and "enough" protein at lunch and dinner, and make up the difference with my snacks. I find that to be much more livable for me. But I still eat eggs almost every day so I can't think of any egg-free breakast ideas.

Lisa- you may very well need a higher amount of carbs right now between nursing (are you breastfeeding?) and general recovery from childbirth. If you're "failing" daily, then you may need to re-define success. If 40g of carbs per day isn't realistic right now, you may do well at 70g or 100g per day- just make sure those carbs come from healthy sources (moderate carb veggies and fruits or small amounts of high carb fruits, maybe small amounts of grains) and not junk (potato chips, refined sugar, etc.)
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-08, 11:48

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 194/178/140 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 30%

In order to get my 34 g. of protein in, I'm eating 2 eggs and then supplementing the rest with a protein shake. Whey protein powder (chocolate) mixed with 1/2 heavy cream 1/2 water. I make in blender and it's delicious I can't remember the carbs, but the whole thing is under the 10 I'm allowed.
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-08, 15:14
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Ruth, I've officially transitioned to just formula for my little guy, but he's very happy about it and so is the rest of the family...so emotional choice that it was, I think it was good. I agree that I just need to redefine what I'm doing and I have already begun that...great advice! I am still healing, to be sure. And more than anything I need to be gentle with myself on many levels.

BTW I have ranted quite a bit in my journal about lack of sleep. It's not just the usual "new mommy" sleep-deprivation because we actually have a great routine already established. But I am extra challenged by caring for my Mom (80 yo, in great physical shape but advanced dementia) and our business, which the hubby is sort of covering for me while he works f/t too. (We're relying on people being very understanding right now.) I know that lack of sleep can affect the body's weight loss too, so again, I'm trying to be really easy on myself and just make good choices every time I'm able. Today's lunch...a lunch out, which I haven't had in awhile...was steak over salad. Yum! And as you said, when I do eat carbs choosing well is key. Right now I'm eating whole grains and some fruits. Protein sources are rarely an issue and I've been careful with purchasing nirtrate free (and organic and/or cage-free when possible) meats and hormone-free dairy...all-natural peanut butter, etc. Today when I needed something fast I reached for handful of walnuts. Again, the good choices are coming back.

Like I always say to everyone else...each meal is an opportunity to make a better choice. So that's how I'm approaching things at the moment...
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-08, 13:50

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 182/172/136 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hi girls!

Another good week for me. One more pound. I have lost quicker before, but this is suiting me just fine.

I usually have a protein shake for breakfast. I had to start making double because my littlest daughter was drinking mine! It's yummy.

Does anyone here have weekly/monthly/special occasion goals that they are working toward?
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-08, 15:11
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

Hi Everyone! I wanted to share that I have finally, finally, finally cracked the 202 mark. I hit 202 for about 30 seconds on December 6 and immediately jumped back up to 205. For the last week I've been sitting in the 202.4 - 202.6 range when TOM showed up yesterday. I thought okay, just relax for a week. Sure enough my weight was up to 204 but today it's 201.4! Considering I've beaten against the 205 barrier several times, and the few times I was under it I just bounced up again, this is a big deal for me!

I am hoping to hit Onederland within a month. I think it was 31 years ago when I weighed under 200. When I get there you ladies are all invited to a party at my place!
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-08, 20:22
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessLiz
I am hoping to hit Onederland within a month. I think it was 31 years ago when I weighed under 200. When I get there you ladies are all invited to a party at my place!
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <dancing around like an idiot>

Believe me, I do know what a big deal this is. I'd like to hit onederland again soon too. Wouldn't it be lovely to do so together?

Can't wait to see your stats shift below those 2s!!
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-08, 10:49

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessLiz
Hi Everyone! I wanted to share that I have finally, finally, finally cracked the 202 mark. I hit 202 for about 30 seconds on December 6 and immediately jumped back up to 205. For the last week I've been sitting in the 202.4 - 202.6 range when TOM showed up yesterday. I thought okay, just relax for a week. Sure enough my weight was up to 204 but today it's 201.4! Considering I've beaten against the 205 barrier several times, and the few times I was under it I just bounced up again, this is a big deal for me!

Congrats!!!

It took me a while to figure out what "Onederland" was.