Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-17-10, 23:18

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%
Default Kayaking Lake Mead Las Vegas NV

Well, I'm at it again. After gaining back 50 lbs and dropping it again,well actually I've dropped 44 lbs of it so far, I'm feeling back to my old self again.

This time 'round I'm going to finish the job. I've been walking 1/2 to 1 mile 5 days a week, doing yoga/pilates which I actually love (man that stretch feels good and it isn't hard on my joints, especially my knees) and some strength training.

Anyway, now I've included Kayaking. I live in Las Vegas so I figured I should be taking advantage of Lake Mead during these 100 degree temps and make the best of it.

It's a great upper body workout plus I get to meet some great people in the process so it doesn't seem to much like work. Although, I can still feel the tightness in my back and shoulders.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to doing some more Kayak runs in Black Canyon and even taking some Kayaking Rescue Classes, but before I can do that I will need to build up some more upper body strength by doing some more resistance training because the rescue classes entail getting yourself and others back in their kayaks once they flip over or encounter danger. Ha...ha...may be a minute or two before I reach that level, but heck I'm determined. One of these days I will be doing a Class IV in Grand Canyon...that is the goal...well aside from losing all this darn weight that is.
Sponsored Links