Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  To dream....the impossible dream...

View Article Article tools
  #31   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-14, 15:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/187/160 Female 5feet 7inches
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up good for you!

I too am a lifetime dieter. I've tried it all, sliding up & down the scale my entire life. I've spent lots of money looking for the answer. throughout the years the ONLY time I could lose weight without hunger was the low carb way. I still bounced back and forth to weight watchers, jenny craig, medifast, you name it, I've tried it. I picked up Atkins latest book at the library last year & read it cover to cover. I have been on induction 9 months and down 38 pounds with 27 to go. It's the only way of eating that works for me. I feel better, look better & plan on eating this way the rest of my life. Thanks for your story!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, May-17-17, 20:30

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148.6/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 64%

That's so funny, Donna....a few years before my horse died, I also got her a mini as a pal. What a feisty little thing she was, too! The two of them mostly got on together, but I think my horse found her annoying sometimes, too. After my horse died, I found a new home for my mini....a woman took her who had another one that looked exactly like her, so she was thrilled to have a "twin" for her own mini.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-17, 18:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184.4/184.4/145 Female 5 4 in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing your life with us. I can relate to your story starting with the overweight mom, starting a diet on Monday. I really believe when I was about 20 my mom went on Atkins. So this was the diet I went on no sugar. So I feel it was Atkins that came into my life early thanks to my mom. She was never successful. Every time she started to loose weight my dad would get jealous and make her life miserable so she would eat. The weekly yo yo diet was my downfall. Always binging on the weekend and dieting all week. I am planning to walk in your shoes LCing and stay with it.
Take care
Loretta
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Aug-20-17, 21:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/247/160 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: -38%

Thank you Susanne!

Article tools