Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-07, 13:21
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%
Default Pilates for Dummies!

I tried this DVD for the first time today. I did the beginner workout. there is also an intermediate workout on the DVD. Maybe someday...

I have to say I LOVED IT! I am a true beginner when it comes to pilates, and all the other ones I had tried before, I could do NONE of the moves. They were too hard, and no modifications were shown.

In this one, in the most basic modifications I could do every move, with the exception of the "Roll-Up." As hard as I tried, I could only muster a crunch! Oh well, something to work toward! That will be a good measure of if I'm improving core strength, I think. When I was done with the workout, I felt very warm and a just a little shaky, so I know that it was a good workout for me.

Just wanted to recommend this as a good started for anyone interested in pilates and is a real beginner like me!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-07, 13:32
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/140/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:

Yes I have this DVD and I love it. I also started taking classes using the equipment twice a week since last November. It is amazing and the longer you do it the stronger you get. I much prefer it to lifting weights etc. as until Pilates I could never get that core strength thing going. It's amazing how shallow I was breathing before I took it up.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-07, 08:15
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

Hamblets, please do come back to my journal and tell me your experiences. I do NOT want to stop the pilates. I really like it.

However, I have noticed another issue that has popped up since I started the pilates...I have severe pelvic support issues from pregnancy and childbirth. I won't go into detail here, but I believe the pilates is making it worse. I wonder if "engaging the powerhouse" is actually increasing intra-abdominal pressure (something I'm supposed to avoid, of course). Perhaps I'm just doing it wrong, too.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-07, 03:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/170/130 Female 5 feet 4 inch
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi elle i read ur post i have started pilates and to tell u the truth this is the only form of work out that i like and the the time really flies away i am also doing the beginners mode plus i am slao doing 30 min of stationary bike so all in all 60 min workout but it is not everyday i don't get time
but i hope pilated will help me improve my posture and help me lose weight