Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-10, 00:02

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 163/160/130 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Day 8 of phase 1 and I started feeling ill

I feel so sick!
Early today, I felt like I did when I gave blood once- I felt like I was suddenly really hot, then really cold and my stomach hurt like I needed food. When that happened, the nurses unhooked me from the needle and fed me cookies and OJ and elevated me. And I was better.
So I felt like that today!
And it did not go away after eating some eggs and sausage. And I feel like I have NO ENERGY! I keep wanting to take a walk, but I feel so weak!
Is this normal??
I figured it wasn't so I ate a few phase 1 no-no foods and felt better: a couple bites of pasta and a cereal bar.
So...what is this? I am no OK with this. What should I do??????????
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-10, 04:56

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Without knowing what you have been eating the last 8 days not totally sure.

But I do know what I went thru during phase 1......I had really bad carb withdraw. I added back in carby things also. But then I stayed on phase 1 longer until I could do it clean for 2 weeks. My carby extra's mostly were fruit.

I also figured out if I ate more veggies it did help. Thats adding in good carbs.
I also wasn't eating enough over all.
I didn't do the snacks each day and I have to admit they are key to the plan working.

The food lists and meal plans are a wonderful to working SB. They are right here. I have mine printed off and hanging the side of the frig for quick reference. When I first started I used them to make my grocery list too.

I use my journal for posting my meals this is great too as its a history for me.

Hope this helps you some.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-10, 06:30
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraucf
I feel so sick!
Early today, I felt like I did when I gave blood once- I felt like I was suddenly really hot, then really cold and my stomach hurt like I needed food. When that happened, the nurses unhooked me from the needle and fed me cookies and OJ and elevated me. And I was better.
So I felt like that today!
And it did not go away after eating some eggs and sausage. And I feel like I have NO ENERGY! I keep wanting to take a walk, but I feel so weak!
Is this normal??
I figured it wasn't so I ate a few phase 1 no-no foods and felt better: a couple bites of pasta and a cereal bar.
So...what is this? I am no OK with this. What should I do??????????

Sorry that you felt so sick.
It could easily be low blood sugar.
A few bites of hummus or other beans, would have helped you also and that would've been phase I legal. You did the best you could.

Are you eating enough food in general? If you post your menus, with quantities, I'll be able to help you better.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-10, 12:57

Stats: 163/160/130 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

I guess keeping a journal would help, huh? I think my problem was that I was not eating enough. There sort of is a reason for that.
I work midnights! So pretty much all of my eating takes place between 9pm and 7am. So I barely eat when the sun is up because I'm either sleeping or not hungry. And during my weekends, I don't stay up all night. But my stomach acts different then too.

Anyhoo, yes, I cheated. But not horribly. I had some raisin bran type cereal. And I help better.
I guess I'm gonna stick to the diet for the most part, but eat a whole grain item here and there too.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-10, 04:07

Stats: 330/305/114.5 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

It's important to do a totally clean Phase I instead of following your own plan. I wasn't able to stick to my own plan and SBD is a really good plan. Implement the suggestions given by the other posters and you'll be in good stead!