Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-11, 09:17
Registered Member

Plan: low carb - 20 net carbs
Stats: 294/286.8/150 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

I'm hanging in here. I'm sick and so are my two children. It's a cold that has been hanging on to us for three weeks or so. I took my boys to the doctor yesterday and my 6 year old has pneumonia. It's pretty stressful around here for me right now. I hate when my babies are sick.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-11, 09:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/239/240 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 101%

Sorry to hear that. It's not fun when the whole household is sick. It'll pass pretty quickly, i'm sure!

Quick update, lost another 2lbs making a total of 31lbs lost on my 4th week!
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-11, 10:07

Stats: 204/150/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi There!

Try not to get discouraged (I know easier said than done); just rememeber its up to you to take charge but as you can see by the support here, you will NEVER be alone!!

I would like to share this............it was sent to me years ago and I have read and re-read it a gazillion times! I hope it gives you & anyone else reading this a new sense of realization that WE CAN DO THIS!!!! Cheers! ~ Chris ~

This journey is more about "want power" than "will power"! When we want the results badly enough, then it becomes relatively easy to settle into the process and let it happen in its own time and way. It's a consistency and longevity based program, not one based on perfection. The most important thing is to just keep going!

Keep moving forward! The only way you "fail" is when you give up. It's a long term process and all of the training is "on the job", so be compassionate with yourself and allow yourself to learn and retrain your lifestyle to a new healthier one along the way.

No one is perfect at this. We are all just "works in progress"; beautiful ones at that!

As the famous animated fish Nemo was fond of saying, "Keep swimming!"

Let your determination be your willpower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-11, 07:39

Stats: 270/270/160 Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug72
I'm hanging in here. I'm sick and so are my two children. It's a cold that has been hanging on to us for three weeks or so. I took my boys to the doctor yesterday and my 6 year old has pneumonia. It's pretty stressful around here for me right now. I hate when my babies are sick.

I am so sorry to hear your family is sick, feel better soon. We where sick about a month ago not good, hubby brought it home,what a nice man eh ? anyhow things will seem better soon I hope.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-11, 07:59

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_D
Hi There!

Try not to get discouraged (I know easier said than done); just rememeber its up to you to take charge but as you can see by the support here, you will NEVER be alone!!

I would like to share this............it was sent to me years ago and I have read and re-read it a gazillion times! I hope it gives you & anyone else reading this a new sense of realization that WE CAN DO THIS!!!! Cheers! ~ Chris ~

This journey is more about "want power" than "will power"! When we want the results badly enough, then it becomes relatively easy to settle into the process and let it happen in its own time and way. It's a consistency and longevity based program, not one based on perfection. The most important thing is to just keep going!

Keep moving forward! The only way you "fail" is when you give up. It's a long term process and all of the training is "on the job", so be compassionate with yourself and allow yourself to learn and retrain your lifestyle to a new healthier one along the way.

No one is perfect at this. We are all just "works in progress"; beautiful ones at that!

As the famous animated fish Nemo was fond of saying, "Keep swimming!"

Let your determination be your willpower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thank you so much for sharing the insipirational quote. I found some nice butterflies and dragonflies and printed it out and will put it where I can always see it when I feel, I need a reminder of my journey. I decided that I would follow the book meal plan for this my second week of induction, and wow what a difference, there is alot of food prep, I wont say there isn't, but I have now learned to make tons of home made salad dressing Aioli and herbed butters. I actually taste food rather than smother myself with sugar and sauces that do nothing but pack on my pounds. Hubby has been following with me semi dedicated but he in his first week lost 8 lbs, best thing is this man used to eat cookies after supper every night, now for the last three four nights he has not, he has gotten up got busy re doing our bedroom furniture as he promised for years to do. I myself find I am such a different person I have more energy, I do not play the part of a couch potatoe anymore and this is only my second week, I want to be active I want to be up I want to get back into my crafting. My Funk has been transformed into Spunk. I am beyond blessed to have found all of you and Atkins program. I am down 8 lbs in the first week, and I did weight myself this am, but have decided to decrease it to once a week, I think I did it so much because I had doubt, but no more doubt here just dedication. This am I was down 10 pounds. I am beyond suprised at myself and very happy with who and what I am transforming into. thank you all so much for keeping me on the right track.
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-11, 05:43

BF:
Default Very Excuted

I ordered from Amazon a 500 recipe low carb cook book, used it last night and very good, the only thing I dont like is no calories listed. I also purcahsed 2 carb counting guides to ensure future sucess. As of today I am down 13 pounds and have a smile from ear to ear. I have an appointment out of the house around lunch so that is a little scarey to think about missing a meal, but I may eat around 11 am to try and curb that and have a snack when I get home. How are you all doing ?
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-11, 06:44

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 330/316/185 Female 5' 10'
BF:
Progress: 10%

Congratulations on the weight loss!! I have been on it for about a 2 weeks longer than you and am having good success, I am down about 15 lbs. I had one week where I had 5 functions to attend and tried hard to eat low carb that is when I realized I need to carry a small carb counter with me, I didn't do so well and stalled for about a week. I really like these support forums, they really help and I am going to look on Amazon right now for a low carb cookbook.