Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 10:55

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Thumbs up COOL! Major Improvement in Body~Need Input

Hi!

I just posted this in my journal, but I wanted to run it past you who read this part of the forum, too, so I can get your input.

Firstly, I am so excited because I have noticed a huge improvement in my body. Here's a "copy & paste" from my journal entry today, so I don't have to retype it all.

An observation I have made about my body and how it's changing after being on this program for 3 months: I am not sweating as much as I used to. All my life--even when I was thin in high school--I have sweat profusely on JUST my head and neck area, but no where else, really.

Well, the last couple of weeks, when I have been in the same situations where I would normally have sweat like a race horse and been dripping on my head and neck with sweat, I have remained COMPLETELY DRY! YAH!!! This is a major improvement in my life, as it was the major source of aggravation and discomfort for me.

Normally, when going shopping in places where it traditionally a bit warm year round, like Wal-Mart, Costco, the mall, etc, I have sweat so much on my head and neck and it was very embarassing, not to mention uncomfortable.

But this weekend, even my husband agreed with me that something is changing in my body that I am not as prone to sweat like that anymore. IF this holds true, this is the most significant step in the healing process for me, and if I don't lose another pound, I will have achieved something that will drastically have changed my life for the better. You have no idea, unless you suffer with this condition, what this freedom from sweat will mean to me!

When I went to the flea market, I never sweat, in nearly 3-hours of walking! When we went to Costco this weekend, not a drop, and it was HOT HOT HOT in there! Now, I still get warm, but it's not the kind of warm that makes me wanna kill someone anymore but just that I am warm, nothing more.

So, this is a major improvement for me, and one I never expected to change b/c I have been this way forever. I wonder if any of you have suffered with this same condition?

Would love to hear your thoughts. I may not be able to read this forum for a couple of days, I will try to get back and see any postings later today when I come home. Thanks in advance for your replies, and have a great day! --TheBetty
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 11:00

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Fascinating post, Betty -- I hope Doreen or Nat or one of our more medically inclined posters sees this.

I also have "head sweats" but thought they were genetic -- my mother does too. And she's 5 foot 3 and 115 pounds! But her diet is very high carb -- toast and jelly for breakfast, a sandwich with about 2 oz of protein on it for lunch, and a pasta-type TV dinner. (Yes, very under calories, but I can't get her to eat more. She's eaten like this all her life.)

I haven't seen any such effect yet, but I'm just getting back into exercising. I'll watch for it.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 11:41
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 223/193/153
BF:
Progress: 43%
Talking

I haven't noticed a difference in sweating, but I have noticed that I can breathe easier. We have a long string of stairs that lead up to our cottage from the beach and after 2 months on SP I bounded up the stairs no problem, and no huffing and puffing after I reached the top. I wanted to shout, "I can breathe!"
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 10:40
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein Principal
Stats: 147/147/115
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Erm, just the opposite, actually...

Hi Betty!

First of all, thank you for the post about the mayonnaise! I'll have to look for a Whole Foods near me. I know they have a lot of good stuff, especially since I'm a vegetarian.

Actually, I had just the opposite problem. I was always FREEZING!!! I mean, seriously freezing. Unless it was 70+ outside (which doesn't happen very often in SF) I felt shivers going through my body ALL THE TIME! I used to walk around the office with four layers on and my hands were still cold. This has VASTLY improved since I started SP. In fact, all of my PMS symptoms have improved. Less headaches, less skin problems, less cravings, etc.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the way your hormones are working. I know the source of many of my little discomforts are my screwed-up hormones! I'm pretty sure, anyway. My mother's hormones are also screwed up. She used to get awful periods, accompanied by vomiting and so forth, and taking birth control pills made it better.

I totally agree with you, BTW, about the health benefits making it all worth it, even if you don't lose weight (although it would be nice too).

Tal
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 10:59

Plan: schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 290/290/198 Male 6 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

All of my PMS symptoms have improved as well.
Please don't throw tomatos I like to eat them.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 12:36

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Amateur scientist here Maybe the through line between "I'm not sweating" and "I'm not freezing" is that when we're eating properly and the body is working properly, things just get properly adjusted?