Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 21:40

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 270/232/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:Yes, unfortunately
Progress: 32%
Post Hello!

Hello all,

I have finally got up the courage to drop in here and say hi. It has taken me a bit to come to terms with the fact that I have to lose over 100 pounds. That seems like so much to me - and let's face it, it is!

Anyway, I have been reading some of the post here, and you all seem to be so supportive of each other - it's great. I hope you don't mind if I join you here. Maybe we can all help each other to reach our goals.

Regards,

Theresa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 08:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post Welcome!

This is a wonderful place to be..

...the people here are amazingly supportive and caring. I can't believe how much I've learned in the past 3 months.

Hope we'll see you posting often.

Good luck.

Donald
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 09:10

Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi, Theresa We "met" on some Protein Power threads yesterday.

Welcome to Triple Digits. It is hard to think "I have to lose 100 pounds," isn't it? Or 200, or 300. It's nice to know there are so many others in the same boat -- we can help each other. Welcome to the club
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 12:33
Registered Member

Stats: 245.0/211.5/130.0
BF:
Progress: 29%
Wink Don't think of the pounds...

Hi Theresa,

Glad you stopped in! I'll Second Donald's motion on what a great group this is. I've found all the help invaluable. And although I'm the only one in my family LCing, I don't feel so alone because of this group. I too really hated to admit that I had a 100 lbs to lose (actually 115) and for quite awhile I would still write my weight as starting with a one... I WISH! But don't worry about how much you have to lose, think of it as making better health choices for yourself, and that's something that everyone should do no matter what their weight is. Good Luck and I look forward to seeing your posts!

fleadogs
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 15:39

Stats: 283/268/160
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Welcome Theresa

Glad you stopped by! You have one of my favorite names (see below)!

The triple digit club is a great place to hang out. We have so much in common and there are so many people who have such good advice.

Hope to see you around!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 17:45

Stats: 270/232/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:Yes, unfortunately
Progress: 32%
Smile Thanks

Thank you all for your welcoming attitude and words of encouragement. I truly believe that this is something I can do - now that I have really set my mind to it. When I first learned I have PCOS (through various tests), and found out why I had gained weight like I did, I did lots of research re: the best way for me to lose it. My doctor has been GREAT, and she totally agrees that this is the right way for me to do it.

I also think it's important to know that I'm not the only one in this situation, and it's great to have encouragement and support from others in the same boat. My husband and son have no issues with weight, but they are very supportive - even eating more veggies (yikes!! Not an easy sell for a 6 year old!).

Anyway, thanks again. Hopefully I will "see" you around lots.

PS - Theresa, you have a wonderful, wonderful name! (hee hee)

Theresa