Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#121   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 18:46

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Bigshot-You are doing an incredible job so far and have a great attitude. Even though we are usually just females, it's always fun to have a guy around, especially one that is so motivated. Your dedication will certainly be contagious. Welcome!

Acipenser-I agree that you look VERY familiar Great to see a pic of you. I also feel a whole lot better with fruit in my daily diet, just a bit, some berries, or half an apple. I definitely find that it helps keep me happier and having a more "balanced" feeling.

Lissette-Regarding your weather, YUK!! It was only in the upper 80's here today, but about 500% humidity, and I made the mistake of going rollerblading at about 2 pm. Took me quite awhile to recover afterwards. I cannot imaging it being 103

Song-Congratulations on the loss of pounds, and future gaining of a son-in-law and grandbaby

Dawn-I've been meaning to tell you that you don't look anywhere near old enough to have a son as old as you do. From your pic, I would have thought you were in your mid 20's.

Elaine-Hang in there! Let us know how a little uppage in the carb dept goes. It always makes me feel better.

Bawdy-Sounds like you have some yummy veggies on hand now and a good recipe to liven things up. I'll have to try it out sometime!
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 06:04

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Bawdy Eggs

New recipe! I was making some scrambled eggs this morning and remembered that Karen mention how my Bawdy Dip would make a good omelette filling. I'm not crazy about omelettes, so I just jumped a good big spoonful of the dip into my eggs as they were cooking. Geezum crow they're good!!!
  #123   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 07:12
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
tell me what it's missing. It's really really good, but when I was having it yesterday, it almost tasted a bit bland. Is there an herb or something that would give it a kick?
Maybe some more salt? Try adding a bit of Worcestershire and Tabasco. Oregano or basil would also perk it up.

That's me with a "fakeover". Welcome to Virtual Makeover.com

Karen
  #124   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 07:59

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

welcome Bigshot! Don't mind us ladies, we can always use a man's point of view for variety!!!

Elaine, yes I did have a similar pose on the Darkside, I had not noticed how much it looked like the old one! This one my dh had took of me was on my BD just this March,(I DID crop out the cake!) These surgeries do take awhile to get back to normal,after a c-section I figured that heck opening it back up and taking out a few things should be similar, BOY was I wrong! It took alot longer to heal up and get going! So take it easy on your self, try to eat clean and soon before you know it you will be up for more exercise and be more like your old self!!!

Wendy,
So what are your menus like now? I do agree about the oatmeal ec.. being alot more healthy then the fake stuff!! I am trying to losen up on the carbs and eat more non-fraken fresh things!!

Bawdy, Your omelet made my mouth water this morning, I am going to have to try to get somewhere so I can make your dip!!!!!!

Ellie, Hello there! Glad that your eating is going so well and that you are feeling better, (you must be past the detox stage) Is the fruit 20 allowed on what you are doing? it just has splenda and/the guarana, but the kind I have is just the splenda until I get that ordered! oh btw, I see that you can go to www.veryfine.com for the water, I have not tried to get on yet, I will let you know if I can!!

Dawn, Wendy is right, you do not look old enough for a kid that is grown up, Glad that you are able to make peace with all of that! Kids can be tough, sometimes you have to just accept certain things that you can not change and just love them anyway!!

Song, congrats on the up and coming events in your life, being a grandma is FUN!!! Good to see you post again!!

Therese, how are you today????

Michele, So how is the fish gal doing ???You need to keep your avator of your pic. it is a nice one!!!

Hello to Karen(and her new-do!)HA,Orange,And to everyone here!!
  #125   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 08:01

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

HEY GUYS!! I just tried out the web site and IT WORKED!!! I am now leaving you all to go and order some of Wendy's miracle energy water!
  #126   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 08:41

Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Oooh, I'm down 2 more pounds and it's that TOM.

I would really like to get a new dress for Jennie's wedding in September, but I plan on loosing more weight, so it won't fit for long. Should I just wear something I have, or should I look for something new?
  #127   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 11:12

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good morning everybody!!

bigshot-- you are actually not the only PP-pal that is male, the rest just don't post very often. welcome, and congrats on you success so far!!

bawdy--
Quote:
Geezum crow they're good!!!
that is enough for me to want to try it for sure!!

lissette-- the fish are doing just fishy!! hehe. they are pokey and slimy and make my hands really rough and peely. they are big and heavy and make my back ache. they live in places far away from me and make me live in motels during the week just to catch them. (i really do like me job though)

the guy in that picture was 6'5" or so.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eoff w 8-ft.JPG (29.1 KB, 9 views)
  #128   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 13:03

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

still 179 *sigh*
  #129   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 14:22

Stats: 225/214/180 Male 69 inches
BF:37%
Progress: 24%

Acipenser, tell me more about those big fish you catch. I love fishing and I usually eat my 4 to 6 oz of em every day.

Bawdy, I just can't wait to try out your dip recipe...but there are a couple of ingredients that I'm not sure of in this neck of the woods....and that is mainly neufachatel or philly cheese... and also, I'm not sure about the vegetable soup/recipe mix. Maybe you can give me more details if you are willing.
  #130   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 16:29

bigshot-- here is the webpage for my work:http://www.dfw.state.or.us/ODFWhtml...ge/Sturgeon.htm
  #131   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 17:49

BF:

Bigshot, if I have those ingredients in rural Maine, I'm sure you can get them anywhere.

Neufchatel is just 1/3 lower fat Philadelphia (philly) cream cheese. You can use any cream cheese you like. And, instead of ricotta, you can substitute any kind of cottage cheese.

The vegetable soup/recipe mix is the Knorr dried soup. It comes in a box and has envelopes in it. A lot of people make a sour cream dip out of the onion soup mix.

It takes literally a couple seconds to make.

The only thing I don't like about it is that because of the frozen spinach, it gets a little watery and separates out a bit. They say to squeeze as much water out as possible, but it's not that easy.

Do give it a shot. My eggs this morning were amazing!

By the way, I looked for Wendy's miracle water in the grocery store the other day. Guess the miracle hasn't come to Maine yet!
  #132   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 18:40
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi guys and gals!!

Love to have a male influence in here!! So..glad you popped in.. Bawdy.. I am looking forward to trying your dip.. yum.

You guys made me blush telling me that I look in my 20's!! (keep it coming.. will send you money..but then again, I love to wear hats, may end up having to buy bigger sizes!LOL)

I am 39..for another 5.5 months... the big 4-oh- is in January for me. I think I am ok with the number.. I just want the next 40 years to be healthy and wholesome.. I did adopt my son...but technically I could have naturally birthed him, as I was 20 when he was born.

:: actually sitting here with a big grin on my face, thinking that I look that much younger!::: doesnt take much to tickle me does it?

Funny, cause most of my young teen life.. I was told I looked older, etc.. so I used to worry that when I WAS older, it would catch up w/ me..but it was probably more my attitude and how I carried myself, more so than my appearance.

That was a helluva fish Michelle..hubby was jealous when I showed him!

Eating today has been a little challenging for me... the call of every wild thing in my house has called my name and then some.. holding strong, only ate 5 of hubbys pringles.. but going to have a 1/2 c. of rocky road lc ice cream with lc sf pb drizzled on the top... maybe a little whipped cream. yep..talked myself into it...

Off to watch big brother.. will stop in later..

Love ya guys......
Dawn
  #133   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 04:58

BF:

Ummm, correct me if I'm wrong, Michelle, but you STUDY the sturgeons, you don't EAT them, right?
  #134   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 07:14

Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Acipenser - thanks for the link. Wow, that's some big fish!

Dawn - gosh, you're just a young thing! I hit 45 this last Feb. After you hit 40, it's just years, of course I'm not sure about the big 50! LOL

Bigshot - is you wife doing PP with you? My dh is 6ft tall and weighs about 160. He eats what I eat, but he gets his carbs in too. My family isn't consuming near as many carbs as they use to. I think it's healthier for them.

Bawdy - I'm going to have to try your dip, I like the idea of using it in my eggs.

I asked a question yesterday, but ya'll seem to have missed it. So, here goes again - should I buy a new dress for Jennie's wedding in September or hope one of the 3 I have still fit? I really want new, but I dunno, it won't fit long at this rate.
  #135   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 09:17

good morning everybody.

song--- yes, i totally ment to reply to that question, thanks for asking again. i vote new, but buy it right before you need it so it will last a while after. unless you have an old that fits (and looks good) you want to show off your new figure right!! i think i might try bargain shopping like at www.blair.com if it is not a formal thing. i have a wedding to go to in sept. i am waiting till it is a little closer then i was thinking about getting this dress: dress, if it is a formal thing i don't really know.

bawdy--- well, when i am on the clock i study them, when i am off the clock and i am lucky enough to catch a keeper with my fishing pole (i am not allowed to cheat and use the gear from work....) i eat them.

good news on the scale this morning. 199.5. boy, i was worried it would take longer to see that again. next goal. to weigh what my signature says!!! does anybody else not change their signature when they go up??
Closed Thread