Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#136   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 16:17

Plan: my own lc
Stats: 211/155/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hi everyone-just a minute to de-lurk here for a minute-
Song-Great big congratulations!!! I just noticed you are down 100 lbs!!!
Way to go!!!
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 16:54

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Song is my hero! My advice is to wait until about a week before the big event, then go to an outlet store. Believe it or not, you can also get amazing deals at Goodwill. Sometimes things there still have the tags on them from the store. It's not just someone's cast offs.

Michelle, very cute dress! Looks like the type of dress you can get a lot of wear out of.

Another great source for inexpensive clothing is chadwicks.com. Trouble is, you have to order it enough in advance so that you can return it and get something else if it doesn't fit.

The good thing is that this is when the end-of-season sales start. Then there's always those places like TJ Maxx, etc.
  #138   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 22:34

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 225/214/180 Male 69 inches
BF:37%
Progress: 24%

Acipenser - Thanks for the sturgeon site...very interesting and I can understand why you like your work.

Bawdy - This afternoon, while my wife was out with the girls I made the dip. I was lucky to find the Knorr Veg /soup mix at superstore. Absolutely yummy with cauliflower and I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow morning....Bawdy's Omelette... Thankyou kindly.

Songberrie - no my wife does'nt do PP with me. She does samle a bit whatever I'm havin but she does'nt like the idea of no bread... no wheat product...she loves her cereal. I did recommend that she reads the book but she prefers to do her own thing. She loved Bawdy's dip with fresh cauliflower florets. Sharon is a type 1 diabetic and recently she had to cut back on the dosage of humalog/humalin because she reduced her food intake. I think my PP is rubbing on her a bit. By the way, you can't go wrong with a new dress...lol
  #139   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 01:08

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Acipenser - do you all ever take visitors.as in a small class....or me if I want to run away from home?
  #140   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 03:59

BF:

Bigshot, glad to see you updated your stats! That dip really is good, and I also usually have it with raw cauliflower or broccoli to scoop it up. Mixed with eggs, though, is heavenly. I've had it every morning.

Unity, no fair! If you get to run away, I get to come too! But no slimy fish for me. I do like fishing -- always have -- but it's bass and panfish for me. I hate slime. We do catch pickerel frequently, and I always take an old towel so I can don't have to touch them to take them off the hook!
  #141   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 07:34
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

If we ALL run away, is it technically still running away? Either way, I dont care.. I am into the idea of taking off for parts unknown!

I am taking today off from LC'ing and going to treat hubby and I to some hot pizza delivered. I have just been feeling antsy lately.. so maybe this will help me get refocused, by taking pressure off and just relaxing with it today.

#142   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 12:24

Bawdy-all I catch is lots of yellow perch-which we throw back-and ranbow trout every once and a while.Someday I will catch one of these stupid bass but I have to have time to try....My 3 year old can catch a yellow perch every 1/2 hr
  #143   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 16:47

oh I got 4th leg ....time for dinner
  #144   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 18:15

My grand daughter Jessica wanted to know what I was doing on the computer. I told her that grandpa was on a diet and writing to friends who helps him reducing his heavy weight. So I'm showing her how it is done.
  #145   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 18:25
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

:::::::::::: waves to Jessica :::::::::::::

Eat hearty Unity.. one day you may catch a steak!

yummy!
  #146   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 21:53

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

hey pals!!

unity-- yes, we actually do take visitors/volunteers out with us. but the boat is not big enough for a class....just one at a time. yellow perch taste good too. we should go fishing simetime, it seems like all i CAN catch is those stupid bass. no matter what i am targeting, i catch bass.

bawdy-- thats funny about the slime rag.... actually when i was a kid i used to do the same thing. me and my sister had a deal, she would bait my hook (i hate worms) and i would take the fish off the hook. when i was a kid i hated getting my hands dirty. sometimes at work i think to myself (especially when i have fish slime from ear to ear and smell like bait and fish goo) "if my mother could see me now....."

song-- how did you loose 100lbs already and we didn't celebrate?? WTG!!! keep up the great work!!

Last edited by acipenser : Thu, Jul-15-04 at 22:04.
  #147   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 04:51

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplydawn
Eat hearty Unity.. one day you may catch a steak! yummy!

I agree. The steak around here is excellent!

I don't mind any fish except the slimy ones like pickerel. My favorite fish to eat is yellow perch. They're very wormy here, so you can't eat them. When I was in Michigan, though, they were caught in the Great Lakes and frequently on restaurant menus. Even now when I go back to visit, if perch is on the menu, perch in on my plate! (Edited to fix a major gaffe! The perch are caught on the Great Lakes, they are NOT frequently caught on restaurant menus!)

My food choices have been better lately. I took what was left of the loaf of LC bread and threw it in the freezer. I start the day with Bawdy Eggs (love them suckers!). Lunch has frequently been either leftover meat or ham and cheese rollups. Also, for the past week, I've been eating homemade cole slaw daily. So good! I'm lazy, so I use the pre-shredded cabbage (has regular cabbage, red cabbage and a tiny bit of carrot in it). Then I add a good helping of Carb Options "Miracle Whip" (0 carbs, and no trans fats), a bit of apple cider vinegar, and a bit of Splenda. All to taste. I add a little more of this or that, depending. So I'm having that about every day.

Veggies have entered my life again.

I'm also starting to take the Oil of Oregano again. I had stopped about a month ago because I figured allergy season was gone. Funny thing -- and I have no idea if it has anything at all with not taking the oil -- in the past month, it seems like my belly has "popped" a little. Not that it was ever flat, but lately it seems like it's sticking out more. The OoO is supposed to help with yeast, and many people who take it report that their formerly round bellies flatten out a bit (caused by getting rid of the yeast buggies).

So, I started back up the other day. I take 2 drops in water in the morning, and another 2 drops in the evening. I'll keep you posted.

Enough for now. I need to get going for work. They've opened up part of the bypass they've been building on my way to work, so my drive time is down slightly. When they open up the whole length, it will cut down dramatically. Like many country roads in Maine, the one I drive to work on is only 2 lanes and very winding. So, if you happen to get behind a slow driver, a logging truck, or a mobile home, forget it! Most of the new bypass is 4 lanes, which is truly a good thing.

Have a great day, and make good choices. I know, I sound like someone's mother. But you know what? I think I am older than most if not all of you guys. So from now on, you can call me Bawdy Mama!

Last edited by BawdyWench : Fri, Jul-16-04 at 04:56.
  #148   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 07:16

Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Thanks for the congratulations on the 100 pounds! Yup, I've been walking a little lighter lately!

Also, thanks for the all the advice on the dress. I am leaning towards a new one. Bawdy Mama - I just ordered a bunch of things from Chadwick's sale. I love shopping in their catalog. I'm thinking about trying Ross first or at least a good sale elsewhere.

Bigshot - Aaah, I guess we're the lone PP in our families! lol! I've noticed that when I fix waffles or pancakes for my family (no, I don't eat it) they reach for the cottage cheese and breakfast meat too, and they don't eat near as much starch in the mornings as they use too.

Yup, Yup, Yup, Carol's going down!
  #149   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 07:26

Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Acipenser - oh, I like the dress you picked. It looks nice and summery!
  #150   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 09:20

I've decided to standardize my stirfry so that it will be measured more accurately with respect to carbs and calories. So here goes: 1/2 cup or 1/2 rib of chopped celery, 1/2 cup of chopped zucchini, 1/2cup chopped green onions, 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms. I can easily eat these 2 cups of veggie for a total of 7.8g carb. From there I can easily add the respective values od additional food like tofu, meats,etc. Now for the calories, these two cups of veggies stirfried in 1 tbsp of olive oil (125cal) total to:145cal. I think that I have been adding too many calories in the form of cheese, meat and oil. I will try this for awhile.

Now I finally got to understand fitday a lot better, especially the activities section and I started will walking exercise. I used my GPS(global positioning system) to establish particular interesting and scenic routes in my area. The numbers like total distance of the walk, the average speed and the time it took are displayed. These numbers are then entered on fitday who figures out my daily calories burnt by walking. Neet hey...
Closed Thread