Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-01, 12:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/172/153 Female 5'8.5"
BF:
Progress: 51%
Default Restaurant Meal Help

Hi everyone, I have been lurking for a number of weeks so here goes my first post. I am the controller for a restaurant group and eat at various restaurants for lunch everyday. I am extremely bored with grilled chicken Caesar salad and burgers without buns. Does anyone have any other roadhouse-style restaurant ideas for lunch? When I am at the Steakhouse restaurant I have no problems just the Roadhouse because we have alot of tex-mex and sandwiches.

This board has been a great inspiration for me. It is nice to see such a large support group for people trying to maintain a WOE that is not necessarily accepted by your peers in regular life.

Thanks in Advance
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-01, 14:04

Plan: Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy
Stats: 203/182/145
BF:
Progress: 36%

How about Carne Asade (broiled skirt steak) at a Mexican restaurant. I just had a real nice lunch. I ordered the carne asada and said no rice, no beans and please bring extra lettuce and tomato. To my great delight - the waiter brougt a lovely plate of salad, guacamole and carne asada.

My husband and I also enjoy barbecued crab and steamed vegetables at Joe's Crab Shack.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-01, 15:26

Plan: Low Carb/VSG
Stats: 347/173/200 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 118%
Default My Two Cents

Tex-Mex places are a real challenge, but I have an ideas. How about Fajitas without the pitas and no sauces? I've done this before and it works out quite well, especially if they serve sour cream and guacamole with the fixings...
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-01, 16:30

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 306/298/160 Female 5', 5"
BF:BMI: 49.2/49.2/24
Progress: 5%
Default Careful!

Karen,
Just wanted to give you a heads up - Carne Asada (at least if it's authentic) is actually marinated in fruit juices and seasonings.

A lot of places use Sunny-Delight and seasonings...I know it sounds weird, but it adds a lot to the taste! Unfortunately, it's hard to detect if you don't know it's there.

Next time make sure you ask them what they marinate it in...just be careful.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-27-01, 13:08

Plan: Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy
Stats: 203/182/145
BF:
Progress: 36%

Thanks for the heads up on the Carne Asada, but it did not taste at all sweet and it was served plain with no sauce at all. Thanks to my recent WOE - I am pretty dern sensitive to sweetness - so I think I would know! Green beans taste almost too sweet.

Karen