Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 08:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/199/130
BF:
Progress: 55%
Cool Maryland Low Carbers Mtg 5/4 ~ 2 p.m.

Okay, just thought we should start a thread instead of using the old one. We're meeting at the Outback in Ellicott City at 2 p.m. on Saturday (tomorrow).

I'll be wearing a bright green (solid green) button-up short sleeve shirt and jeans. I have long brown hair that I generally keep pulled back in a pony tail. (It's only long because hubby likes it that way, if it were up to me, I'd cut it off.) I WILL be there on time, because I hate to be late.

If anyone wants to bring anything they want to share/trade, etc., I think we should do so. I have some low carb cookies that I don't like that I'm going to bring and maybe some low-carb truffles as well.

See ya then!

Last edited by Lisa in MD : Fri, May-03-02 at 11:36.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 16:49

Stats: 283/268/160
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Outback

I'll be there! I have some Atkins bars that I really don't like. If anyone wants them, you can have them. If not, I'll take them to my parents and they can eat them or dispose of them at their leisure.

I have no idea what I'll be wearing, but I'll be that overweight girl

Acually, I have short brown hair with lots of highlights and I know I won't be dressed up.

See you all then!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-04-02, 19:49

Plan: My own: clean eating
Stats: 290/139/125 Female 5'5"
BF:no clue!
Progress: 92%
Default Hi friends!

Hey, guys...

Just wanted to drop a line to tell you how much I enjoyed our lunch today!!! I didn't see this thread until just now, or I would have replied before I met you today. And I would have brought low-carb foods to share. Oh well -- next time.

Lisa, I can't read one of the letters in your email address. Can you email me and let me know what the address is?! Thanks.

Hope to see you guys again soon -- let me know if you're going to be in Columbia!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-04-02, 20:35

Stats: 285/195/140
BF:
Progress: 62%
Smile Had a great time, too!

As the fairly anti-social one, it was great getting out and meeting people! I was so glad to give away my lo-carb stuff that I don't like. I hate throwing stuff out and if you threw it out before you got home, I don't care, I was just glad to get rid of it.

I gave my snotty chihuahua my leftover steak and he's eaten none of it and I have to tell you, it looks quite tempting even if it is in his dish

Joanie, my AOL email is LPOWELL11~aol.com. I gave you my work email when we exchanged, but I don't want to post that here. When I get to work Monday, I'll send you an email from there and then you'll have it.

I think one of the most interesting things was that we're all the same age and we all have done such different things with our lives. Okay, you guys are the liberal music majors sitting there with the conservative computer geek, but personally and professionally we're also different. It was great!

It was very easy talking to you both, we were able to discuss the die--uh, way of eating and then just expound upon other areas of our lives. I enjoyed it much!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-05-02, 15:35

Stats: 283/268/160
BF:
Progress: 12%
Thumbs up I had a great time too!

There's nothing like getting to know new people and totally enjoying yourself while you do it! I enjoyed our meeting and I was so surprised that we ended up yakking away for so long!

It was great to meet you both, and I can't wait for our next meeting!