Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-14, 11:12

Plan: Paelo
Stats: 205/185.2/155 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Exercise Buddy

I am going to recommit to exercise and would love a partner or two!
We could either post here or in our journals daily, encouraging
each other.

I'm going to start back at the gym and walking on Monday.

Anyone want to join me?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-14, 13:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212.0/175.0/145 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 55%

I've been saying I'm going to start exercising for a month or two now and never seem to commit to it. Maybe this will help. I basically have a gym in my basement. Initially, I'm going to commit to walking at least 4 days in the next week and will do the kettle bells the other 2-3 days.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-14, 12:36

BF:

Hi Kosmo, Glad you will be joining me. I'll be starting tomorrow.
Congratulations on the weight you have lost! That's awesome!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-14, 14:58

BF:

I've been sick the past couple of days with a chest cold, but I am still planning on starting tomorrow. I need to change something to keep the loss going as I've been struggling the past month or so. I thought I would get right back on induction after the first of the year but every day, I allow myself to cheat. Today, I can't really even taste food, but I'm still eating all kinds of foods I shouldn't be.

I'm looking forward to adding exercise to the program as I think it will really help. Good luck to you tomorrow.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-14, 23:09

BF:

I'm sorry you have been ill. I so know what you mean about waiting till tomorrow to start. Can you get the bad stuff out of the house? I am
wanting to have a big clearing out. I couldn't do it this weekend, because we
had a house for teen girls. Next time they come, I'm going to try to make
healthy things, stead of bagel bites and candy. I did feel pretty pleased
with myself that I didn't have any of the candy. Feel better. Will check back in tomorrow night.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-14, 19:46

BF:

Were you up to exercising, Kosmos? I got my 30 minutes of walking in. Not much, but a start. I'll go tomorrow as well.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-14, 19:48

BF:

Fortunately, I only gained .2 lbs this morning, but I realize, I may still see a gain tomorrow from yesterday's eating. I really don't have much in my house to tempt me. My husband and two of my boys are type I diabetics so I don't keep a lot of junk in my house. I had to really search for stuff to eat, but did it anyway!

I did pretty well today. I felt better and eating was back on track. I went downstairs to exercise and really felt good when I was done. I did the following exercise:

01/13 50 abdominal crunches; 30 minutes on the treadmill (2 miles)
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-14, 19:16

BF:

I'm glad you feel better! Well done for doing your exercises. It's amazing how good it can make us feel. I always have a hard time starting, but enjoy it once I get going.

I'm leaving for the gym in a few minutes. Going to walk on the treadmill.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-14, 19:58

BF:

Great job getting to the gym. My husband and I have talked about joining the gym so that we would commit to doing something. He's a physical therapist and doesn't really need to lose weight, but probably offered for my benefit. However, I have everything I need in the basement....a treadmill, bike, ab machine, cardio fit, weight machine and tons of tapes. I'm going to try to do it at home and if that doesn't work, then I'll join the gym.

My biggest problem is I go "full force" when I start and then slack off. I'm going to do something different tomorrow, so I don't get bored....maybe the kettle bells.

At least we started....and the fact that we've done it two days in a row is great! I'm going to try to track what I do so that I can see what works and what doesn't.

01/13: 50 abdominal crunches; 30 minutes on the treadmill (1.51 mi.)
01/14: 50 ab crunches x 2; 35 min - treadmill (2.02 mi.)
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-14, 07:36

BF:

You're basement gym sounds wonderful! You really have everything you need.
Smart to record your schedule, I think I'll do that, too.

Tonight I'm going with my family to a self defense class. It's suppose to be
pretty physical, though since it's our first time, I don't know what they will have us doing.

Here's to day 3!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-14, 07:08

BF:

Yesterday's work out was tough! I'm still super duper sore this morning, but I LOVED it! Who would have thought getting punched would be fun?! LOL We're going to do another trail before decided to sigh up. It's an hour away from our home, so we have to make sure we are really committed.

Today it will be back to the treadmill.

Hope you have a great day!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-14, 07:41

BF:

I 'm on my way to work, but will update tonight. I did some kettle bells last night, but only for about 15 minutes. I'm going to walk again tonight.

Glad to hear you got a workout and it was nice to do it with your family. My husband actually had a karate school and he and my youngest son are both black belts. Two of my three boys went with him over the years. He always tried to get me to go to class with him. I would have done it for the exercise, but I am not too coordinated, so relative to doing forms or fighting, I figured I would embarrass myself and him.

I'll update tonight. Last night, I kept putting it off, but I had to bring work home to get ready for a meeting today so I think I was just starting to feel pressured. Hopefully, I'll get right back on it tonight.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-14, 19:50

BF:

Good job getting the 15 minutes of kettle bells. It's more important to do something, even for a small period of time.

That's cool your husband had a karate school. I'm not terribly coordinated either, but with this, I think it's just important to learn the technique encase you are ever attacked. They don't do competitions.

I went to the gym this morning and did treadmill. I'm worn out now, so guess the exercise is working.

Hope your meeting went well and you had a great day.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-14, 21:21

BF:

Just got done walking. This thread saved me as I really don't know if I would have done it had I not committed to exercising. Years ago when I lost weight, I looked forward to exercising every day. I remember having minor surgery and couldn't exercise for two weeks and it just about killed me that I wasn't able to do it. Now, I look for every excuse not to do something. Anyway, I did it and now feel pretty good. I think my feelings the last two days just had to with being a little stressed. I was also tired and a little sore today. Started working at 6:00 AM and, due to my late meeting, wasn't able to leave until 6:30 PM, so I didn't have much energy when I got home. But, I did it which is the important thing.

You are doing great going to the gym! Do you plan on doing something everyday or do you plan to rest a day? I think it's okay to attempt to do something every day as long as your not doing weights/strength training everyday.

I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow. I may try to do something in the morning as we usually go out to eat with friends on Friday nights. That way, if I don't get home until later, I won't miss doing something.

01/13: 50 ab crunches; 30 minutes on the treadmill (1.51 mi.) 179.9
01/14: 50 ab crunches x 2; 35 min - treadmill (2.02 mi.)
01/15: kettle bells - 15 minutes
01/16: 50 ab crunches; 32 min - treadmill (2.02 mi)
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-14, 09:17

BF:

Hi Kosmo! Well done doing your walking!! It's so hard when we are tired, easy to find excuses. I'm glad the challenge motivated you to go ahead and do it.

I was the same way, it's so nice once it's a habit. I'm sorry you are feeling stressed. That makes it so much more difficult. I hope your work day will
lighten up soon.

I'm trying to walk every day. That's really all I'm doing at the moment. I've
let myself get so out of shape, that that is a really good workout for me. I may take Sunday off, but not sure yet. We are going back to the self defense class on Wednesday, and might sign up. It's pretty dear though, so I'm not sure if we will.

Smart planning to do your exercises in the morning. Hope you have a great time with your friends.